THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

what was your speed here? 35-40km/h (22-25 miles).

I really don't know, but I'm pretty sure taking the curves are under 20-mph

49 minutes ago, Jerome said:

This is a dream come true Thanks! I am a urban commuter, so I wanted to see what EUCs can do on steep city streets. This is where reality overcomes crazy claims and speculations. My steepest street is 26%. thanks .. thanks .. thanks once again.

Glad it’s helpful. Going to attempt 26% grades and higher later this week. Stay tuned :)

Steepest road I could find near me was a 37% grade I believe. I don’t think any EUC can go straight up that hill yet. Some day I hope ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Glad it’s helpful. Going to attempt 26% grades and higher later this week. Stay tuned :)

Steepest road I could find near me was a 37% grade I believe. I don’t think any EUC can go straight up that hill yet. Some day I hope ?

BTW, do you go down those hills to? Am I the only one that thinks going down hills can be rather scary? :cry2:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, do you go down those hills to? Am I the only one that thinks going down stills can be rather scary? :cry2:

Oh yeah! Its scary alright. Thats why I am so glad the KS18s has a handle to hold onto while going down hill. It wasnt until I did that up and down on that steep steep paved hill that I even became comfortable with attempting down hill rides while filming. The self boom stick used in filming ones self can throw you off balance while filming around a downhill corner if you arent careful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, do you go down those hills to? Am I the only one that thinks going down stills can be rather scary? :cry2:

Sometimes! I've seen/talked to many riders who will attempt to go up a hill, but refuse to go down the same hill, it's very scary! Maybe I'll do some downhill tests if these uphill tests are successful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

shotgun view on mcm5...

what do you have the alarms set at?.... I have my Tesla set with first 2 off, third one kicks in I think just under 30 mph, If that' what you have set, U got some Big COJONES... :w00t2:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

what do you have the alarms set at?.... I have my Tesla set with first 2 off, third one kicks in I think just under 30 mph, If that' what you have set, U got some Big COJONES... :w00t2:

That he does. @yourtoys7 loves speed :)

I test wheels on hills. I look to @yourtoys7 to give me confidence that you can ride really fast on these wheels.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

BTW, the 3rd alarm is different for every wheel. The Tesla is certainly higher than the MCM5.

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

shotgun view on mcm5...

Can definitely tell that's from an MCM5 - very twitchy video as it tracks the side to side motions of the MCM5. Stick that camera on an MSuper and the ride will look a lot more stable.

16 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

I'm going to try to do some controlled hill tests in SF across a variety of wheels, recording weight and hill grade. Starting with my v3s+ (hb motor), following with the tesla, X, and hopefully Z10.

I really love how in your videos the camera pole disappears completely, yet we see the whole rider! I think that's what I like most in a 360° camera for EUCing.

9 hours ago, nte said:

A nice video of an 18L off road test

Mesmerizing drone footage!

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, do you go down those hills to? Am I the only one that thinks going down hills can be rather scary? :cry2:

I don't even practice going down hills after having a few bad experiences. When in doubt I just walk it down.

I had a runaway wheel while on the wheel. At the time I thought the motor did not have enough power but in retrospect I think it was because I could not "leverage" the nose back far enough; I was on my heels with nothing touching the front and going down a bumpy dirt trail with roots, and the wheel accelerating. Bad times.

You can slaloom down hills--until you touch a pedal down. Ask me how I know.

I do like going up hills which is why I enjoy your ACM5 uphill videos. The ACM5 is on my short list, I have to admit the wheel in red looks breathtaking.

What do you think of the quality of construction on the 5?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I don't even practice going down hills after having a few bad experiences. When in doubt I just walk it down.

I had a runaway wheel while on the wheel. At the time I thought the motor did not have enough power but in retrospect I think it was because I could not "leverage" the nose back far enough; I was on my heels with nothing touching the front and going down a bumpy dirt trail with roots, and the wheel accelerating. Bad times.

You can slaloom down hills--until you touch a pedal down. Ask me how I know.

I do like going up hills which is why I enjoy your ACM5 uphill videos. The ACM5 is on my short list, I have to admit the wheel in red looks breathtaking.

What do you think of the quality of construction on the 5?

I haven't opened the MCM5, but the exterior quality seems very good. And there really is no hard edges except for the pedals. Seems like a very robust little wheel with very clean lines.

Yeah, that red color does look sweet.

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Can definitely tell that's from an MCM5 - very twitchy video as it tracks the side to side motions of the MCM5. Stick that camera on an MSuper and the ride will look a lot more stable.

Stick it on a KS18L and it looks like you are floating ? dependig on tyre pressure and IS in camera ?

I doubt I can make a sample today, maybe tomorrow...inc vid ?

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1