THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

46 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Those 360's are very nice. I hate you.

I need to figure out a way to practice this because I just can't get it :(

P.s. Nice helmet :lol:

Lol. Too funny! Well, once you release the Griffith Park group ride video, perhaps I'll lift the curse, and you too shall be able to flip yer wheels around. Bwahahahhhh???

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Z10 tire noise is very loud. The only louder tire that I've heard is from my  converted ACM2 where I installed a knobby tire. Otherwise, the typical narrow tire doesn't generate much road noise.

Yeah I can imagine, very slick wheel nevertheless so could probably live with it on a personal level.

Thanks for info.

13 hours ago, who_the said:

Steepest hill in San Francisco? 41.5% grade? Gotway Tesla? You won't believe what happens next.

I just love that jacket..awesome look in the dark. Oh and of course gratz on the climb ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Thanks for slowing down the "scenic" parts, saved me the trouble ? . Glad the hidden gopher holes didn't get you. That's my main concern with the mTen3 on grass, it's not very forgiving. 

Your welcome :D

Yeah, the Z10 laughes at gopher holes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Electroman said:

did I make the wrong choice of gunning for the MSX, I cannot help but to wonder

I started thinking the same. But then I remembered: range, weight, price, availability, pedal height, and the high speed turning. My mind is at ease again. And I’ll go for a ride now. ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I like how you ride so close to the people and they must think in that black outfit with the full helmet and kneepads that you are some sort of Dog snatcher or kidnapper. Lol. The camera boom must put them at ease... maybe. You never really know how you look thru other peoples eyes.

It almost looks like you are either fleeing or about to create a crime scene. Lol.?

It does look extremely stable on the grass with the fat tire. Great video despite my ribbing.

its not about looking presentable, its about having fun! :D 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, who_the said:

Steepest hill in San Francisco? 41.5% grade? Gotway Tesla? You won't believe what happens next.

YEAH! TESLA BABY! BRAVO!

im gonna miss my tesla when i get an msx :P 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I just love that jacket..awesome look in the dark. Oh and of course gratz on the climb ?

Thank you! Not as cool as the French jackets with the colored print over the reflective material. But much cheaper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I started thinking the same. But then I remembered: range, weight, price, availability, pedal height, and the high speed turning. My mind is at ease again. And I’ll go for a ride now. ?

Sounds good mrelwood, my mind at easy again.. ?

I posted this in my review story line. Hope you have a few entertaining moment. 

There are some things unfortunately you don't as my mic didn't pick it up. But all the peoples comment going from:  wooha thats cool.  wft...what is that?

I have seldom gotten this many heads turning on one ride what that many  positive comments.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Just a lost 4th of July ride down the Emerald Necklace bike and Nature trail with @Rama Douglas and myself. I really like riding in the L.A. River bed during the Summer. There really is no other place with this much dry flat space in Los Angeles. We also added a couple of miles with the Santa Fe Dam recreation area. Enjoying the ride is what its all about! The InMotion ride makes it easy breezy to enjoy!

I know the Santa Fe Dam area well. I didn't realize that you came all the out here from your LA enclave. We should do some rides there, particularly north of the dam.

I don't recognize that particular river. Could you drop a Google Map pin for where you guys were riding?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I know the Santa Fe Dam area well. I didn't realize that you came all the out here from your LA enclave. We should do some rides there, particularly north of the dam.

I don't recognize that particular river. Could you drop a Google Map pin for where you guys were riding?

Its the top of the Rio Hondo trail just off of The Peck Road Water Conservation Park. You can get to the San Gabriel River Trail by going east to this Fed Ex Depot where the trail gets sandy and rocky and only passable by walking your EUC along the fence on the Fed Ex property line. Some Emerald Necklace group is trying to make that pass better suited for bikes to connect up the paths in a more rideable way. There are also some neighborhood streets we cross to connect the two paths, but nothing busy or too dangerous.

Come to think of it, this could be a great opportunity to do some public service of trying to solidify the path for bikes and EUCs. Maybe even some street signs for the connection path. 

Lets have a ride there next week. I can show you and then we can gps map it out.

Oh and that area above the damn is a blast! I havent gone much further than just above the 210 freeway at that park.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Just a lost 4th of July ride down the Emerald Necklace bike and Nature trail with @Rama Douglas and myself. I really like riding in the L.A. River bed during the Summer. There really is no other place with this much dry flat space in Los Angeles. We also added a couple of miles with the Santa Fe Dam recreation area. Enjoying the ride is what its all about! The InMotion ride makes it easy breezy to enjoy!

Dude. That Rio Hondo (or riverbed) footage was great. I love how at the end you really haul ass too. Sweet. Thanks for posting~

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

That place is Fantastic!  ?? ?

Lets go next weekend. I pick up my ks18l this weekend on Sunday and will want to explore its ride and range and trolley handle, Ha! 

Unfortunately I'm going to be riding in San Fran that weekend. But we'll do it soon - I'd actually like to take my MSuper X there which hopefully I'll have any week now.

• Upvote 1