THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

Yes it was very ridable sand. Not sure if this is typical. I can't explain why the sand is flat there. Every other beach i've ever been on is super sandy on the land side and flat where the waves hit it. My guess is when it poured a few hours before, that WHOLE area was flooded flattening the sand. The "perfect storm" so to speak. 

The sand nearer the grass is always hard. I believe it has to do with the sand nourishment effort the city conducts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, who_the said:

Steepest hill in San Francisco? 41.5% grade? Gotway Tesla? You won't believe what happens next.

You guys are really into testing your wheels right now :D  The Tesla is an impressive wheel - I don't recall hearing of blown Tesla boards, although I'm sure it happens.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You guys are really into testing your wheels right now :D  The Tesla is an impressive wheel - I don't recall hearing of blown Tesla boards, although I'm sure it happens.

Indeed. I had my MSV3+ right there (you can see it before I head up the hill) but rode my wife's Tesla up the hill. Actually I wouldn't try it on the V3. But looking forward it on the X!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, who_the said:

Just getting ready for BackeWheel ONE!

Be easy on me. I don't want to break any wheels while I'm up there :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Tesla for the win, yo.  :efee6b18f3:  That is some crazy reflective jacket you were wearing @who_the.  :thumbup:

Thanks! 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IUURANUS-3M-Reflective-Jackets-Men-Women-Casual-Stripes-Reflective-Jacket-Coat-Night-Sporting-Windbreaker-3M-Reflective/32840110645.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6c3c4c4dtdHxFL

Sizes run VERY small. Order 2 or 3 sizes "up."

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Incredible footage from a Gotway Tesla Rider using an Insta 360 camera.

To view the videos in 360, watch via youtube, then simply move your phone around or touch the screen to view everything including the surroundings.

Video Credit: ælghuggu 

Enjoy!

@Marty Backe, since you like to shoot your videos without the camera pole showing, a 360 camera would allow that while still seeing the rider as a whole. I’d think you can export non-360 footage as well. I really like the look on these, even without the stunning Youtube mobile app 360 effect!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

@Marty Backe, since you like to shoot your videos without the camera pole showing, a 360 camera would allow that while still seeing the rider as a whole. I’d think you can export non-360 footage as well. I really like the look on these, even without the stunning Youtube mobile app 360 effect!

I may play with 360 video some day, but the quality is still sub-par in my opinion. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Remember, you aren't limited to the sidewalk :D  This ride is at Venice Beach California

I like how you ride so close to the people and they must think in that black outfit with the full helmet and kneepads that you are some sort of Dog snatcher or kidnapper. Lol. The camera boom must put them at ease... maybe. You never really know how you look thru other peoples eyes.

It almost looks like you are either fleeing or about to create a crime scene. Lol.?

It does look extremely stable on the grass with the fat tire. Great video despite my ribbing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I may play with 360 video some day, but the quality is still sub-par in my opinion. 

But you get a stick shadow chasing you around Marty!

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wise choice. You and me both, regarding the X. I'm crossing my fingers that I may get it before my trip up north.

The Z10 actually going "wroom, wroom" ?

Sounds like a motorbike mr Backe, is that speakers giving that sound or an illusion hehehe, have basically no info on the model just curious.

1 minute ago, Electroman said:

But you get a stick shadow chasing you around Marty!

The Z10 actually going "wroom, wroom" ?

Sounds like a motorbike mr Backe, is that speakers giving that sound or an illusion hehehe, have basically no info on the model just curious.

No, you are hearing just the Z10. It's very cool right?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Remember, you aren't limited to the sidewalk :D  This ride is at Venice Beach California

White sneakers would make it so much more sinister.

How often do you get stopped by people asking for information? I ask because, now, I usually blow by them or cross the street if I see people, and I wonder if other EUC riders have fallen into the same habit of avoiding people.

10 hours ago, LanghamP said:

White sneakers would make it so much more sinister.

How often do you get stopped by people asking for information? I ask because, now, I usually blow by them or cross the street if I see people, and I wonder if other EUC riders have fallen into the same habit of avoiding people.

I certainly never ride away from people. Kind of depends on where I'm riding and how often I'm stopped (not too often) so that someone can approach me. I hand out EUC cards with my YouTube channel so they can learn more.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No, you are hearing just the Z10. It's very cool right?

It is, indeed it is I could have sworn I heard some replication of a combustion propulsion there hehehe..

This wheels seams very sweet, did I make the wrong choice of gunning for the MSX, I cannot help but to wonder, however I do am after maximum performance and could choose only 1 wheel atm. Good information though, who knows I might be forced to make some sacrifices in a near future, I should not and really should wait for next powerful 16" to be released but yeah not only does it look very good but it also make all the right noise, apparently. ?

Is that tire making much more noise vs a typical 2.25" - 2.5" tire

15 minutes ago, Electroman said:

It is, indeed it is I could have sworn I heard some replication of a combustion propulsion there hehehe..

This wheels seams very sweet, did I make the wrong choice of gunning for the MSX, I cannot help but to wonder, however I do am after maximum performance and could choose only 1 wheel atm. Good information though, who knows I might be forced to make some sacrifices in a near future, I should not and really should wait for next powerful 16" to be released but yeah not only does it look very good but it also make all the right noise, apparently. ?

Is that tire making much more noise vs a typical 2.25" - 2.5" tire

The Z10 tire noise is very loud. The only louder tire that I've heard is from my  converted ACM2 where I installed a knobby tire. Otherwise, the typical narrow tire doesn't generate much road noise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Such dedication to grabbing that (slowmo) booty shot! The beach and bikini requests are paying off! Lol... 

Here's a little of 180's practice...

@Michael Vu I am getting both directions now. ?

Those 360's are very nice. I hate you.

I need to figure out a way to practice this because I just can't get it :(

P.s. Nice helmet :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, who_the said:

@Marty Backe are you getting tiltback or speed limited at 50 percent battery?

Not in this video or ride. But you do get speed limited (via tilt-back) as the battery decreases. In my Z10 thread I provide a summary of speed reductions at various battery levels. You can probably only go 28-mph at the higher battery levels. The speed reductions only get obnoxious below 20-percent. However, if your desire is to always ride flat-out, stick with Gotway.

Since most of my higher speed riding is sub 22-mph, the Z10 has been enjoyable during all of my rides.

42 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Such dedication to grabbing that (slowmo) booty shot! The beach and bikini requests are paying off! Lol... 

Here's a little of 180's practice...

@Michael Vu I am getting both directions now. ?

Awesome J-turns! I'm looking forward to practicing and mastering this maneuver soon.

• Like 2