THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I suppose one could build a similar wooden structure for a One Wheel and turn it into a fat boy EUC, correct?

Sure. The Onewheel has the foot pressure sensor though, so you better make sure your attachment always pushes on it. Otherwise, surprise stops may be possible:efef77eaf5:

I wonder how the guy got on the mten-Onewheel. Maybe, as it only starts balancing when it's mostly level (right?), he can get on it just like you would on a Onewheel. And he'd have to switch it off and on again for every start so he can step on while it's tilted.

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Wow, thats a lot cheaper and better range than a one wheel. Looks like more clearance up front too.

That is so damned. Cool!

Just shows how much further EUCs are in terms of what you get for the money. This thing is probably half the price of the Onewheel, but has tremendously more range and a higher top speed. And it's only the mten3, someone do this with an msuper X or so:efee8319ab: I always wondered how a EUC by the Onewheel company would look, though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sure. The Onewheel has the foot pressure sensor though, so you better make sure your attachment always pushes on it. Otherwise, surprise stops may be possible:efef77eaf5:

I wonder how the guy got on the mten-Onewheel. Maybe, as it only starts balancing when it's mostly level (right?), he can get on it just like you would on a Onewheel. And he'd have to switch it off and on again for every start so he can step on while it's tilted.

Just shows how much further EUCs are in terms of what you get for the money. This thing is probably half the price of the Onewheel, but has tremendously more range and a higher top speed. And it's only the mten3, someone do this with an msuper X or so:efee8319ab: I always wondered how a EUC by the Onewheel company would look, though.

Not sure how effective an MsuperX-Onewheel would be for an average size person... (The picture I have in my head looks kinda funny.) ?

Maybe if Shaq wanted to ride the Onewheel, this platform could support those enormous feet (but even he might struggle to straddle the shell lengthwise.)

Edited by RayRay
Not that I discourage giving it a try...

On 7/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, nte said:

I don't remember seeing this posted

2018 Monowheel Championship

which something like this could be orgonized locally, wait we only have 3 rides in London, ON. Canada., lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The msuper might be too big, but the idea of trying this with my ACM (a low wheel) keeps spinning in my head. 35km/h, 65 km range Onewheel...?

Maybe this could become a standard mod on smaller wheels if we can work out all the wrinkles... :thumbup:

Edited by RayRay

4 hours ago, Kael said:

You sure? Video was uploaded just 3 days ago. I think it’s a new one. More of a long chat. I don’t think OP needed to delete his post. 

I didn't ask him to delete the post. Sorry, my mistake :unsure:

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

1.  Since I nearly decapitated a walker when I came off while descending a steep hill over rough ground, I no longer descend these types of hills if the possibility of a run away wheel could jeopardize life or limb or property.

:huh:Story plz

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Referring back to @Marty Backe z10 steep hill video.  1.  Since I nearly decapitated a walker when I came off while descending a steep hill over rough ground, I no longer descend these types of hills if the possibility of a run away wheel could jeopardize life or limb or property.  I get off and trolly it.  Did this the other day, when at the bottom of a steep grassy, bumpy hill before me,  was a cafe terrace full of coffee drinkers.  Played a video of my wheel careening through there at head height, in my head, and trollied it instead.

2. When I do descend a steep hill (one that isn't bumpy, or without potential casualties at the bottom) I actively shift my feet about 1" to 1 1/2" further back from my normal riding position.  This makes it SOOOO much easier to maintain  an effortlessly-controlled lower speed.  I can still ride at the bottom; it just takes a bit more lean. Of course readjusting the feet back to normal, is preferable. (of course this is easy to do with my Big Foot pedals.  Don't know if it would be comfortable on "mini-chinese-feet-pedals)

On some of @Marty Backe's trails, a run-away wheel would end up in a valley hundreds of feet below him.  Luckily, it's not his first rodeo. 

since i don’t leave the ranch, i don’t worry about injuring another human but i am extra careful around Bob. 

with every other commercial on tv being an ambulance chasing attorney and if a wheel hit a person prone to litigate for damages, i think the rider would be so screwed, especially a cut requiring stitches or a broken bone. 

i have automobile insurance but no euc insurance.

murphy’s law is real.

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:huh:Story plz

Bloody pictures..pirate style Aaaaye. Eye patch include?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

You need young people? Look no further. look up my name on youtube. Im probably the youngest on here haha. :D15 years old. 

Haha add Danish tax and vat it makes you 30ish...Ok nvm it is still young(er) ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kael said:

Definitely not a repost! @Marty Backe  ? Most people on here are 40+, we need at least some content with younger people!

Flip flops do not make for decent testing conditions. Terrible lateral support, too much wiggle for the V10F rubber foot pads.

How about a side slide stop, like on a bike? Its difficult to do, but much shorter in stopping distance.

29 minutes ago, Kael said:

Definitely not a repost! @Marty Backe  ? Most guys on here are 40+, we need at least some content with younger people!

Agreed. Yesterday I deleted my post. Sorry about that :(

45 minutes ago, Kael said:

Definitely not a repost! @Marty Backe  ? Most guys on here are 40+, we need at least some content with younger people!

LOL  I did the same test, 15mph stopping over a 6 weeks ago.  I was able to do 17ft for the KS16, 19ft for both KS18S and V10F.  Wonder why they don't measure the actual stopping distance.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

And if you ever do come to denmark we have a very welcoming community with about 15 people who are active in meetups :) 

Once i get accustomed to my incomming KS18L between my feets, I do plan to pop down yo check on your guys in CPH. Hopefully in my vacation, week 31-33.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 3:57 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

There's a dozen or so one wheels floating around locally, but I've not yet seen one of our EUCs.

I have ridden the Onewheel a few times, maybe thirty minutes total; it's not easy. I found it very difficult at low speeds, wobbling, until I said screw it and aggressively did pendulums. 

However, as you noticed the Onewheel has a remarkable advantage over EUCs...even a person of the least promising athleticism can still mount a Onewheel and go on his first time.

6 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Here is some nice trail riding on the V10F with the newest Firmware 2.28. Its here that the Comfort Ride setting also shines. Hilly trails with fast acceleration and stopping or turning in tight sandy conditions with a possibility of injury should one veer off the trail and the cliff. 

I could use some preset advice from the younger for the video lighting fixes I used. Its a little washed out in places... but still

Dude! Let's go ride Vasquez Rocks soon! Probably earlyish morning would be best for that spot...

• Like 1