THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

15 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Haven’t tried much with these.  Don’t know about riding it like a one wheel.  These are really sensitive.  It would put me on my ass quick if I tried the sideways riding.  

Would be great if you gave us a video of you riding one like a EUC. I won't be responsible for possible injury or damage though?

• Like 1

There are certain times of the month when some riders need to use pads.  :whistling:  I wonder if wheel makers are ever going to upgrade the side pads to a nice stitched leather pad or leather covered cushion.  Leather would add a nice quality feel to the wheel if matched well.

Speaking of quality, I wonder why the Z10 seems to exude higher quality than the Gotway wheels.  Is it the texture or thickness of the plastic?  Maybe the solid mounting points of the shell casing?  With the MSX do you feel that it still doesn’t compare in quality feel to the Z10?

I remember some car makers did many studies on perception of quality.  They used to have cheap sounding doors when you closed them.  Now most have tuned their doors to make a solid thunk sound when closing.  The deeper sound just exudes a feeling of solid construction.  How can Gotway bring their shell designs up in terms of perception of quality?  Maybe use layers of plastic?  Denser plastic?  Powertool DeWalt / Milwaukee / Bosch type plastic rather than the smooth, shiny toy like plastic?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

Every 360 camera requires at least one "Little Planet" video. Here's mine. Taken from our dry-run drop-in wheel session this morning.

Edited by winterwheel
re-added the video after restoring on youtube
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is what some of us worry about happening with our EUCs while charging :cry2:

Don't have a lot of time after first pop, trail of smoke.

Glad he used them wisely , even though I suspect first thought was to perhaps make it stop by pulling the plug?

Nasty reactions, good to be reminded every now and then I think, possibly start thinking about it too and prepare designated charge areas best as can depending on where you live? Better be prepared in advance, even for me living higher up in a apartment where not too much I can do, the little I can I will look at + why not something like..

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/templates_safelincs/files/datasheets/3563_Lith-EX Datasheets.pdf

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Electroman said:

Don't have a lot of time after first pop, trail of smoke.

Glad he used them wisely , even though I suspect first thought was to perhaps make it stop by pulling the plug?

Nasty reactions, good to be reminded every now and then I think, possibly start thinking about it too and prepare designated charge areas best as can depending on where you live? Better be prepared in advance, even for me living higher up in a apartment where not too much I can do, the little I can I will look at + why not something like..

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/templates_safelincs/files/datasheets/3563_Lith-EX Datasheets.pdf

I no longer store any of my wheels in the house. I haven't heard of anything like this happening to a quality EUC, but there's always a first.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I no longer store any of my wheels in the house. I haven't heard of anything like this happening to a qualify EUC, but there's always a first.

Good idea Marty, the storage too just treating it at something hazardous at all times, like you say of course perhaps not yet but just in case and for the little extra piece of mind. I think it's an excellent idea, perhaps not doable for us all but you have the space why not.

For me that would have to be the basement of a apartment complex if so, then I must also deal with the risk of theft which is a sad reality and especially these days. Was such a great, quiet area some 5-10 years ago with lots of great old pensioners and good, kind people, now it's like the wild west but no one dare say anything about what is happening cause it is not politically corrector to do so here and storage spaces looted constantly, otherwise it could have been an idea cause concrete walls, piping with run off in the ground and ventilated, ohh well.

1 hour ago, nte said:

One of the hanging fire extinguishers like this one might not be a bad idea. These go off automatically so they work when no ones home. Maybe build a small charging room with materials that have a higher fire rating to help contain the mess. One of those mylar popup grow tents might work too(if its considered safe)

Yes a nice automated system woudl be the real deal, thanks, very cool if have got the space and a fun project to build ones own little li ion secured area, or more secure at least.

I wonder, would not insurance companies also be glad if people did that, perhaps they do not like lots of li packs at all I am speculating wildly but since it's not illegal or anything would they not be interested in minimizing dangers, perhaps lowering premiums? I am clueless in this regards honestly but anyone happen to know?

• Like 2

Guy's @eddiemoy has just tested the M super X. Guess what?

He really really really LIKES it! ??

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2