THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, Edddeus said:

This Lady has incredible balance.

Credit: Irina Glotova

Aww man, that black Msuper needs to be calibrated properly! Look at that horrible pedal dip.

And yes, for some unexplained reason I really was able to momentarily concentrate on the wheel as well. Jealosy perhaps? She is stunning!

• Like 2

Surreal video footage using a 360 camera. 

Credit : ælghuggu

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stephen said:

that looks a nice track ,how you finding the msx now has it got some power

Compared to the 16S the power feels immense. I’m unable to grasp where the limit might be, if there is one. But this is my first Gotway, might be mundane to experienced Gotwayers.

Overall the X feels like a motorcycle, but I have to do a lot of work to accelerate and brake fast. And I’m 95kg + gear! Lightweight people might not get this moving or stopping...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Compared to the 16S the power feels immense. I’m unable to grasp where the limit might be, if there is one. But this is my first Gotway, might be mundane to experienced Gotwayers.

Overall the X feels like a motorcycle, but I have to do a lot of work to accelerate and brake fast. And I’m 95kg + gear! Lightweight people might not get this moving or stopping...

doesn't it have a softer setting in the aap to make it easier to accelerate etc 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

In general, all the 18" wheels are much harder to get accelerating faster, my 18S is really tough for me... If you go in some other threads, you will see it is just part of having a bigger wheel... Marty posted something a few days ago where he bought angled spacers for the upper pads on his super so he could dig his legs in and push harder forward to go up hills... also there was a posting about a week or so ago where someone actually explained with hand drawings WHY this is so, having to do with the center line being more forward (something like that)... the softness is more for feel and not performance...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

here is a little video i made from one of our Copenhagen meetups. :) 

Nice sceens

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

here is a little video i made from one of our Copenhagen meetups. :) 

Very nice. A Tesla with a seat - that's first for me, but it looked comfortable enough. Were you filming this?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very nice. A Tesla with a seat - that's first for me, but it looked comfortable enough. Were you filming this?

I was the one filming and editing. The other guy who has a tesla i met on one meetup. He has one of the earliest teslas. he can sit on it. But im too tall :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephen said:

As @Marcglider wrote, large wheels require more lean to accelerate. But you are right in that riding modes, if made in a certain way, could help. The soft setting on Gotways is what I call a slow soft. The pedals will deviate from being level slowly, only after you have already started accelerating. It does help in a long acceleration/braking, but in order to make a wheel feel more responsive, it should let the pedals tilt a bit immediately when the rider starts to lean. Medium and soft mode on 16S do work that way.

The only reason I'm using the medium and not hard mode on the X is that as I start to brake hard, the softness slowly catches up and eventually makes braking a bit more effective. It still requires a very strong lean, but it feels a bit safer to me.

• Like 1

Hey @mrelwood, did a ride yesterday and thought I would mention this just for some info on something I experienced yesterday... I was swapping back and forth with @JES on my new Tesla and 16S... I tried the Tesla in hard mode the other day and Hated it... yesterday he took the last ride on the Tesla and I changed it to Hard for him to try... I forgot I did that and last night I went for a ride, and it seemed pretty good, just a little stiff, then I remembered and went to medium, I still like medium, but I may prefer the hard mode down the road...

my takeaway is to randomly try different modes over time you may change what you like and prefer... as for my 18S, I tried several times on hard and still hate it, almost unrideable...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

I got the wobbles. hehe.  Its better now, but this was earlier

Great demonstration.

@Rehab1, don't watch this video - it may bring back bad memories :eff05cf9bc:

• Like 1