THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, EUC GUY said:

I got the wobbles. hehe.  Its better now, but this was earlier

I figured out my braking wobbles.  It is because of bent knees.  try consciously to straighten them and the wobbles will go away.  at least that is how i stopped them when braking.  

Also, I've found that riding, I don't really get the wobbles on the 18L.  Not sure what it is.  

Those were mild to medium wobbles.  Wobbles of Doom are the ones where the wheel is doing very fast slaloms when you weren't intending to do them.  I've had them twice now, and the second time wasn't as bad because I knew I could recover out of them.  It's a pretty rare phenomenon I think, and not something you want to experience at speeds over 35 kph!  :efefc8626c:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I ride Griffith Park frequently wearing that very same cap on the Backe group rides because I know it is a place chock full O' libs and have never had a negative reaction; except for the occasional dog that tries to bite Marty's leg. :efee612b4b:

What are you talking about. Did someone mention your cap?

You missed our Z10 ride. We got told off by another woman on foot patrol and a runner told us to f... off.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i wouldn’t like that. haven’t had those, yet.

You need to be riding fairly fast before you get wobbles. I think everyone gets at least one case of death-wobbles. It's a rite-of-passage :D

Be patient. Your time will come :efef77eaf5:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You need to be riding fairly fast before you get wobbles. I think everyone gets at least one case of death-wobbles. It's a rite-of-passage :D

Be patient. Your time will come :efef77eaf5:

good reason for me to stay under 20mph. 15ish is comfy. i’m not going anywhere, just enjoying the ride without movng a muscle. my goal is to look like zz top statue on a wheel. i try not to blink. usually stoned if i’m lucky.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

We'll see. If you have any remaining testosterone you'll go for 20 or more someday. Mark my words :efef77eaf5:

i’ve done it, short bursts, my road isn’t long. nbd. 

i like the challenge of riding slow.

and not getting hurt!

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

What are you talking about. Did someone mention your cap?

You missed our Z10 ride. We got told off by another woman on foot patrol and a runner told us to f... off.

You didn't see @Rehab1's photoshopped hat on your HK video? The same cap I wear all the time.I actually was at Griffith park at 5:55 to join the ride since I was working about 5 miles away in Koreatown,but since all the roads were coned off do to event parking and I was in my big bucket truck(not easy to park) I had to abort.The last thing I wanted was to have park way out in the boonies and have another wheel stolen from my truck!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

You didn't see @Rehab1's photoshopped hat on your HK video? The same cap I wear all the time.I actually was at Griffith park at 5:55 to join the ride since I was working about 5 miles away in Koreatown,but since all the roads were coned off do to event parking and I was in my big bucket truck(not easy to park) I had to abort.The last thing I wanted was to have park way out in the boonies and have another wheel stolen from my truck!

Oh, yeah, I saw that. Your post was a couple pages later so I didn't make the connection.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

You didn't see @Rehab1's photoshopped hat on your HK video? The same cap I wear all the time.I actually was at Griffith park at 5:55 to join 

Where’s my hat your speaking of? On occasion I do wear a backward facing North Carolina Tar Heels hat. It was my son’s favorite so I will remember him that way even when I’m 90. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

dog that tries to bite Marty's leg. 

i bet a water pistol would work really well. 

saved me a lot of blood with Bob.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is an old video - already published here (in June). Nice though.

You sure? Video was uploaded just 3 days ago. I think it’s a new one. More of a long chat. I don’t think OP needed to delete his post. 

Edited by Kael
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

OneWheel Mten 3

Credit: Sonny wheels 

I suppose one could build a similar wooden structure for a One Wheel and turn it into a fat boy EUC, correct?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I suppose one could build a similar wooden structure for a One Wheel and turn it into a fat boy EUC, correct?

Wow, thats a lot cheaper and better range than a one wheel. Looks like more clearance up front too.

That is so damned. Cool!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1