New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

Jeeeez, the tension is killing me, wish they would just get on with it and release the specs already....

Im away on holiday in the indian ocean with no internet connection and have been awaiting the brief time when we would have a signal to check for updates on this, need not have bothered it seems. 

5 hours ago, Gakky said:

The paddle seems too wide for me. Looking forward to the full released specs but still considering between this and KS18L

Mrs. TFU tells me that having an extra two inches would be a guaranteed win!

Which I why you should go for the 18L...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

Translated from French:

In aeronautics, the redundancy is obtained by 3 computers (or more), because the frank failure is rather rare, so how to decide if a processor derails, if there are only 2?

Oh yes, it's purely marketing .....

"Redundancy is minimized by two identical processing chains that are distinct from one another, or to a lesser extent from duplicated components. Basically 2 infrastructures in parallel more or less complete according to the tolerance to the breakdown and the admissible risk.

Wikipedia source: Redundancy refers to the quality or the state of being outnumbered, compared to logic. This may have the negative connotation of superfluity, but also a positive sense when this redundancy is intended to prevent a malfunction. (...) In industrial computing , it is the duplication of a set to ensure uninterrupted operation. In the event of a malfunction of one set, the second one in standby restarts the relay instantly.

If Inmotion put a turbojet on the wheel I want a triple safety O.o But we do not talk about a wheel anymore :D"

51 minutes ago, Kael said:

When they say dual-core, I imagine that is simply the ARM cpu they are using to manage it.

No arm in real-time electronics. Here we talk micro-controllers, not processors. So it is generally STM.

I'm getting very excited about the V10 and hoping the dual core teaser is suggestive of two independent control circuits along a similar line to what @Jason McNeil was saying the new IPS S5 will have.

As discussed already the ultimate in redundancy (as used in aviation) would be three (or more) independent systems which vote on the correct course of action for particular inputs with a majority making a decision but this would be overkill for an EUC at this stage. If the V10 were to have independent batteries, sensors, cpus, and motor circuts thus allowing a graceful stop in the event of failure of one system it would be awesome.

• Like 3

Due the off-road intention of v10 I think the dual core is for improve the balance in bumpy surfaces and fast direction changes, sometimes the euc lost his vertical due those condition.

I don't think in the dual core as a ruler changer like the new IPS redundant fail proof system. Probably the cooling system improvement is more noticeable if it do the batteries last longer

19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I'm bound under NDA not to give the game away too early,

Jason, I just received my Top Secret clearance from NDA also. Shoot me over some pictures and specs. ;)

39295543120_d26768d590_b.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Not to rub it in, but my V10F is expected in the next 30 minutes. I can appreciate the Customer's vantage point of the frustration with the sometimes incompetent delivery services; in this case UPS, where it's taken them a full week to deliver the package within the city. 

Have to admit that I really cannot recall feeling so much eagerness to receive a new Wheel. 

I'm bound under NDA not to give the game away too early, but based on what Inmotion have disclosed so far, this has got to be as close to Wheel perfection as it's possible to get with current technology, just hope the App experience can match this stunning new hardware.  

If you could tell us it's out of the box weight, that at least would be awesome ?

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Not to rub it in, but my V10F is expected in the next 30 minutes. I can appreciate the Customer's vantage point of the frustration with the sometimes incompetent delivery services; in this case UPS, where it's taken them a full week to deliver the package within the city. 

Have to admit that I really cannot recall feeling so much eagerness to receive a new Wheel. 

I'm bound under NDA not to give the game away too early, but based on what Inmotion have disclosed so far, this has got to be as close to Wheel perfection as it's possible to get with current technology, just hope the App experience can match this stunning new hardware.  

Wow. It's like you're now in the future while we're stuck here in the past for now. Please send us reports, like YESTERDAY! :w00t2:

• Like 3