New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

@Jason McNeil @Bobwheel This is getting more confusing by the hour. Inmotion’s official site states:

‘More Features are Coming On Mar. 17th....

40105621204_ef10e76343_b.jpg

You know , I saw this too and then came on here and read @Bobwheel‘s comment.  Really confused me too. So what IS really going on guys ? 

1 hour ago, EUCMania said:

One little detail a day, keep EUCers awake.

My policy is, just do something else instead of waiting.

I’m trying to do this with the long wait for my 18L. (Or z10 )Hell I don’t know which I  want yet . What I do know is I’ve placed my pre order and June seems like years away to me right now . Haha

• Like 1

Anyone notice that if you eyeball / rough estimate the pedal size in this marketing graphic, they run about half as long as the wheel's diameter, which being a 16-incher puts them at about 8" long, same length as both KS18S and MSuperV3 pedals? Which is great, because the V5/V8 pedals were juuuuuuust a bit too short for my size US 8.5 feet :D

So stoked for the official specs and unveil! (whenever the heck that is :ph34r:)

DX6_tvsU8AAdf6e.jpg

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

Maybe future models can have 30 kph as the standard high speed, but with the capability to go 35-45 kph in 5 second bursts before returning to 30 kph.

That would provide higher speed bursts for emergencies, while restricting the rider from going crazy with the high speeds.

I second this idea of burst speed mode. Speed can save you as much as it can kill you. Allowing a burst of speed (with some kind of warming (beeper, haptic feedback in pedals))above the nominal limit and into the power reserve would allow you to accelerate from most threats while not being able to always ride at speeds that reduce the power safety margin. Sensible tiltback would be needed to then coax the rider back to nominal max.

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

@houseofjob it’s unconfirmed and speculative. 

Really hope so, but all the rumored specs on this have been coming true, battery, etc. And HKWheels FB group has not typically been wrong on these kind of things, as they live right next to the source in S. China.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Really hope so, but all the rumored specs on this have been coming true, battery, etc. And HKWheels FB group has not typically been wrong on these kind of things, as they live right next to the source in S. China.

Also there is no official way to confirm it, only relative tests at dyna-stands, as @EcoDrift did once. 

Those tests does not provide valid absolute data, only comparison 

5 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

Also there is no official way to confirm it, only relative tests at dyna-stands, as @EcoDrift did once. 

Those tests does not provide valid absolute data, only comparison 

Yes, the EcoDrift Dynotests are really the only thing telling us the true story of the power output across speed, across wheel models, but that probably won't come out well after early adopter customers (read: me) need to make their purchasing decisions, grrrrrr....

But 1500W nominal does fall in line with InMotion's past history of super-conservative wheel development. I was just hoping they were shooting for the moon here and matching their competitor's ~2000W offerings.

Guess we'll see in due time.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

No Way! I canceled all of my patients tomorrow just to savor the V10XF16E spec announcement.  I’m calling Wikileaks and Putin.  ;)

Well in that light Mr. TrumpsPlprotect US wall project and trade taxes will insure surplus supply to us in Europe ??since most EUC are made in China. Now I am just waiting that Inmotion realize this and show EU customers some TLC ?. (Joke off) 

Goes back to learn riding my new V8...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobwheel said:

Sorry for that, but the launching date hasn't changed, which is April 10th.

I know your very busy Bob. If you can give me your website passwords I will gladly make the update:P

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

1500W motor is plenty for a 16 inch mid-range wheel

My gripe is that the competition is offering new models with more/better for basically the same money.

The argument would be quite different if the VXF was not in the same price point range (ie. cheaper) as the Tesla, Z10, and KS18L.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

My gripe is that the competition is offering new models with more/better for basically the same money.

The argument would be quite different if the VXF was not in the same price point range (ie. cheaper) as the Tesla, Z10, and KS18L.

Sometimes you have to pay a premium for quality and based on recent history and dealer released failure info the Inmotion wheel will likely be exceptional in that regard. Admittedly Kingsong has a great reputation now but they do still release crap firmwares that blow your boards and seem (from Jason's comments) to have no factory testing in place to ensure inopertaive wheels don't leave the building. Ninebot Z series looks well built from the internal images but they have been out the game so long they are now a bit of an unknown. All being equal, based on specs alone, the V10 should be a few hundred cheaper, but I'll glady pay up that extra $200 for the extra peace of mind that comes from a quality product keeping me upright.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

Admittedly Kingsong has a great reputation now but they do still release crap firmwares that blow your boards and seem (from Jason's comments) to have no factory testing in place to ensure inopertaive wheels don't leave the building.

If you've experienced the Ninebot Firmware fiasco a couple years back, you know that it's not advisable to update ANY company wheel's firmware without a consensus, even InMotion (although, they tend to almost never release firmware period, esp towards the wheels end-of-life).

Ninebot Z series looks well built from the internal images but they have been out the game so long they are now a bit of an unknown. 

This is very true, but you're really undercutting them here in terms of the quality of their products in the past, which have been on par with InMotion IMHO.

IMHO, there would be no InMotion without Ninebot; they basically copied their business model.

All being equal, based on specs alone, the V10 should be a few hundred cheaper, but I'll glady pay up that extra $200 for the extra peace of mind that comes from a quality product keeping me upright.  

I know you love InMotion @WARPed1701D, as do I, but there is much value in having actual owning experience of the other company wheels.

On the forums, as with news media, one tends to only remember the bad stories, and never hear many of the good. In reality, the truth is somewhere in between, especially if you manage expectations accordingly.

I'm saying this because, having owned and extensively ridden all the other competitors, I don't believe the quality/safety gap is as big as you make it out to seem, hence my issues with the price disparity as a discerning consumer demanding more out of my wheel manufacturers.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

I agree. I'm not anticipating that this new wheel will be any real competitor (but maybe I'll be surprised) to something like the Telsa. And for a few hundred dollars more you can get a 1600wh ACM or MSuper.

But not all wheels have to be high performance demons. Sometimes it's nice to do lower-speed cruising, etc. Many trails that I ride are at a much slower pace.

Hell, just about all reasonable quality wheels are a blast to ride. It's the variety which interests me more nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2