New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's no urgency, this just gives us a decent approximation for knowing how many thousand to order... :lol: Ok, maybe not thousands. 

:laughbounce2: . Giving the consumer (Us) the option to choose is a huge “selling “ point . I bet the pre orders will flood in ! Just remember ...Liamsdad0820 (my user name on Ewheels ) . Ordered within 30min of the pre orders going live . So when you need to  make multiple orders to fulfill all the requests be sure I get one of the first units . ?

i either want the Z10 or 18L. Which one do you recommend ?

Edited by Scott Henley
Add
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's a new Preorder/Deposit page live on our website. What will be unique about putting a deposit down with us, is that you have the choice of selecting any one of Holy Trinity releases that's coming out in the next 2-3 months.. The same 10% Inmotion VX discount will be extended to those putting deposits through the link. :D 

Excellent promotion Jason!  Well thought out execution! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Adel said:

One potential use of the speaker is to listen to Google map directions for example, and still be aware of your surroundings since you area not wearing headphones or staring at your phone.

As far as music, personally I prefer using headphones as the sound quality is much better.

Totally agree. During our last group ride we had to navigate back to our cars. I used Google Maps and she gave us all directions thru my KS14S. Very cool actually.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's a new Preorder/Deposit page live on our website. What will be unique about putting a deposit down with us, is that you have the choice of selecting any one of Holy Trinity releases that's coming out in the next 2-3 months.. The same 10% Inmotion VX discount will be extended to those putting deposits through the link. :D 

https://www.ewheels.com/product/preorder-inmotion-vx-v10-vx10-ks-18l-ninebot-z6-z8-z10/

uc?export=view&id=1fURQwenlPI-0IxXw6HDvp

Very cool @Jason McNeil  I must say that I'm a little disappointed that I have to pick one of the three. What if I'd like put a deposit for more than one of these guys? :w00t2:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool @Jason McNeil  I must say that I'm a little disappointed that I have to pick one of the three. What if I'd like put a deposit for more than one of these guys? :w00t2:

Come on, that's simple. You preorder one of them. Some guy named Barty Macke (who just happens to live in the house right next to yours) orders another one. And Arty Hacke (who happens to live in the other house right next to yours) orders the third:efee8319ab:

Or you just re-read and see that it technically never says anywhere you can only preorder one of the wheels, and hope that Jason wants to sell as much as you want to buy (which shouldn't be a problem).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Come on, that's simple. You preorder one of them. Some guy named Barty Macke (who just happens to live in the house right next to yours) orders another one. And Arty Hacke (who happens to live in the other house right next to yours) orders the third:efee8319ab:

Or you just re-read and see that it technically never says anywhere you can only preorder one of the wheels, and hope that Jason wants to sell as much as you want to buy (which shouldn't be a problem).

I don't know, I worry that @Jason McNeil may ration the wheels :)

I'm leaning strongly towards the Z10, but I do worry that it's a bit of an unknown in today's market.

For the Inmotion wheel I'm hoping I win the opportunity to preview that wheel. I'd love to do some test rides including taking it to my mountain proving grounds, and filming everything of course. Will it overheat on Overheat Hill :confused1:

I'm really trying to limit myself to one new (full price) wheel this spring. I'm anticipating the Gotway 20-inch wheel release for summer/fall.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Vik's said:

My thoughts exactly! Don't care about integrated music and Inmotion had some extra points because of no "music speakers" in their previous wheels... Why they decided to include them in their EUC is a little weird...

I don't like to play music while riding on a crowded road, it's annoying. But some people just turn the speaker on while they are doing yard work or picnic. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Maybe future models can have 30 kph as the standard high speed, but with the capability to go 35-45 kph in 5 second bursts before returning to 30 kph.

That would provide higher speed bursts for emergencies, while restricting the rider from going crazy with the high speeds.

Sounds great!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

I don't like to play music while riding on a crowded road, it's annoying. But some people just turn the speaker on while they are doing yard work or picnic. 

Seeing that the previous products from Inmotion didn't employed the speakers other than for warnings/alarms, I am still curious what made you guys to change your mind and make the A2DP profile available on the VX?  (because that profile is the only missing link on V3/V5/V8, preventing users to stream audio to them wheels I suppose).

I guess I am just sort of against the increase of the noise pollution in general in our modern world. And to be honest, even though most of the seasoned members of this forum are supposedly responsible people and would mute and reduce the volume when appropriate, they are still a minority....  the real world scenario most probably is "blasting at max volume" teenagers that couldn't care less about anybody around them, because "LOOK AT ME, WORLD, my new toy' got speakers, and so you should suffer!"

On the other hand I am not a fan of Integrated sub-par speakers in any product, and for me no speakers is much better than some "sound capable/music-enabled" wretched solutions...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

This is what I do. I was hyped about the speaker at first (KS14d) but soon realized its a bit distracting to others on the sidewalk and also calls unwanted attention to me . Now I just use it if I need to answer the phone while riding or to play music outside with the kiddos while I put around the yard on it . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know, I worry that @Jason McNeil may ration the wheels :)

Yes Marty, I am sure the last thing @Jason McNeil wants to do is to create a demand. :(

As for the bluetooth Speaker confusion, the speakers are great in a dorm room, hotel room, or other areas like a beach or a park when you are parked and enjoying the destinations. Great for listening to a sporting event on the radio while fishing, or driving an older model car without bluetooth speakers.  :whistling:

I have yet another Fantastic reason why the speakers are indispensible, but I will wait for the review to unveil that.

• Like 3

Maybe the  reason for the speaker is because in some countries is mandatory for the electric vehicles to make some sound. That makes easy to the surrounding people detect potentially dangerous vehicles. 

In my opinion I prefer less weight than the speakers but they are others manufacturers. 

26 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

I think I need to start visiting a gym. Anything heavier than 15kg and I fear my lil arms are going to come out of their sockets ?

Amen to that!

Going from 14+kg 9b1E+ over to a lighter V8 is a bless, while I am very worried if 16-19kg will be an overkill stopping me from thinking about VX (and NZ...)

Just now, Vik's said:

Amen to that!

Going from 14+kg 9b1E+ over to a lighter V8 is a bless, while I am very worried if 16-19kg will be an overkill stopping me from thinking about VX (and NZ...)

I even find the brief moments I carry my v5f+ to be irritating because of the weight. Then again I have the biceps of a 4yr old girl.

*types 'steroids' into amazon search box*

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

I even find the brief moments I carry my v5f+ to be irritating because of the weight. Then again I have the biceps of a 4yr old girl.

*types 'steroids' into amazon search box*

Not that I cannot carry my ninebot around for quite some time and distance (I had to before I got a trolley), but it was not enjoyable not by a long shot... But still, I am reminded of those kg everytime I have to lift my wheel up the stairs. in/out of my cars etc.. So once my EUC first going down in weight it is a little bit depressing to think about even higher weight (even though I understand that the batteries are larger and all that)

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, houseofjob said:

There are plenty here in NYC, and if the speakers are not built-in, quite a number of PEV (EUC, eboard, ebike, e-kick scooter) riders here will carry around their own portable bluetooth speakers anyways. 

Yeah that sounds about right for New York but in lots of other places people are more considerate and polite towards those in the streets around them.  If the next time someone goes past you on a bike or skateboard with loud music blasting at you and you think to yourself "cool, that was enjoyable, I hope to see more people like that on the streets" then we think differently to one another and I'm afraid the general public doesn't enjoy it either.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, kasenutty said:

I disagree, Roo. I keep my music at full blast as I ride around town and people are always pumped up and excited. You'd be surprised how many people pump their fists to my sick beats and seem to be trying to sing along as loud as they can, even though they obviously don't know the words very well. 

Fun sarcasm, Kasenutty, but do you also have a genuine comment to make?