New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

I had a brief call with Bob last evening about the VX release. The details are going to be released tomorrow, so I don't want to steal the thunder from this announcement, I can say that this Wheel has everything I've been begging for over the past two years, even before the V8 was released. Inmotion Engineering department are definitely at the top of their game.

Jason, Can you please explain the difference between the VX, V10 and VX10?

4 minutes ago, trya said:

X (roman numeral) = 10, apparently you are not using iPhones :) 

What are iPhones??

Some people do actually do just fine without.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, houseofjob said:

And the "extra" ~1lb from audio driver weight (mind you, they're probably not putting quality hi-fi drivers here) is negligible IMHO, your own human body weight or backpack weight fluctuates more than that.

Personally, I carry my wheel a fair bit, up steps, past puddles, in stores, and so every pound counts.  I don't need my wheel to also be a discotech and beer refrigerator just because it can.  And I have no problem if anyone else wants their wheel to have a built in entertainment system, fridge and tanning bed.  The more variety the more choice we have.  I just don't think EUCers blasting out loud music in public is anything but selfish and yobbish and I think most people who experience it while out walking, cycling, playing with their kids, will agree.  Forcing your music on everyone around you is just cu_ty and very uncivilised and short sighted unless you're 13 and don't know any better.  We are trying/hoping to gain public acceptance and thus legality for our EUCs and annoying the public will do nothing positive for that cause.  I also think only a small minority of EUC enthusiasts look for such a feature.  I can however, easily picture Kasenutty riding down to the beer store with a large joint in his mouth, blasting out some excellent tunes and getting high-fived by all the locals on the way.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Jason, Can you please explain the difference between the VX, V10 and VX10?

VX is a cooler marketing way of saying V10. What you want is the V10F aka VXF which is the highest spec'd version.

• Like 1

I think that naming it confusingly (as the above question shows, also VX is a nerve gas) instead of simply V10 is not ideal, but if the stupid iPhone does it, apparently so must everyone else. Let's just hope it does not have a stupid notch somewhere just for the sake of it.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not riding my EUC in a national park. Everywhere I ride (bike paths, local parks, etc.) has plenty of people playing their own music or making other noises that you won't hear in the back country of Alaska. Or the sound of traffic noises.

So yeah, I 'blast' music out of my KingSong wheel or attached bluetooth speaker. I will turn it down or off when riding in town or through a populated park, etc. During our group rides we will also 'blast' music. It's actually very enjoyable - get it try some day. BTW, you can play motor sounds through the speakers too, to a horn that can be activated by my Pebble watch. Lots of potential uses.

I for one like this feature and hope Gotway adds it some day too. It's a big plus for me. Just one persons opinion.

No one mentioned national parks or the back country of Alaska, so using such extremes to add weight to your argument is silly.  If what you said is true, you must ride in extremely populated locations full of people who aren't into being respectful of others and sharing space in a considerate way.  I'm thankful I am not surrounded by such people where I ride.  Apparently, literally everywhere you ride there are a large number of people "blasting" their own music out of their own speakers.  And on top of that, you "blast" your own music out of your unicycle as you ride past them all.  That has got to get tiresome.  Or perhaps there's some exaggeration going on.  Maybe it's an American thing.  As I said, I do enjoy music when out riding, so I have tried it, but as I have respect for others, I use airpods so that my music is not inflicted on everyone around me who may be out hoping for a quiet walk along the river path or through the park.  I don't know why the thought of personal music listening is so hard a concept to consider.  You also get much better sound quality and can listen at low levels while being aware of everything around you.  Meanwhile strangers get to enjoy their peaceful walks and dogs aren't as stressed as you go by.  It's a win for everyone.  Everyone has different tastes and trust me, most people you ride past have no interest in your choice of music and no interest in being subjected to it by a speeding unicycle.  You should try earphones some time.  They'll be big some day.

Edited by RooMiniPro
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Do you walk around talking on speakerphone everywhere, Roo? 

Answering a question by asking a completely irrelevant question...hmmm....are you stoned again?

25 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Answering a question by asking a completely irrelevant question...hmmm....are you stoned again?

I don't think that question was irrelevant at all. I would even go as far as saying it's more relevant than either of your questions to me. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think that naming it confusingly (as the above question shows, also VX is a nerve gas) instead of simply V10 is not ideal, but if the stupid iPhone does it, apparently so must everyone else. Let's just hope it does not have a stupid notch somewhere just for the sake of it.

Don't know about confusingly... but the VX name somehow corresponds with my nickname hehe.... :blink:

12 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

To clear up the confusion: there are only 2 models: V10 and V10F.

And we will have details about these wheels tomorrow? I’ve pre ordered through Ewheels . Mainly leaning toward one of the 18” wheels coming out this year but inmotion does make a great product so who knows ...I may be swayed by the specs . (When they became available) ?

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I had a brief call with Bob last evening about the VX release. The details are going to be released tomorrow, so I don't want to steal the thunder from this announcement, I can say that this Wheel has everything I've been begging for over the past two years, even before the V8 was released. Inmotion Engineering department are definitely at the top of their game.

Haha Jason, there might be some misunderstanding. I mean I am trying to arrange a sample for you, but not release all the details. Actually the launching date is April 10th, and the company request all the details to be under confidential stage before that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

Haha Jason, there might be some misunderstanding. I mean I am trying to arrange a sample for you, but not release all the details. Actually the launching date is April 10th, and the company request all the details to be under confidential stage before that. 

There's that dealer pressure you were talking about, Bob.

16 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

Actually the launching date is April 10th, and the company request all the details to be under confidential stage before that. 

Ah, then all these talks of a March 16/17th unveiling of specs, design is false then? Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobwheel said:

Sometimes it's better to let people know a little ahead of launch yes the build up of excitement is great publicity and all, but if the product fails to meet the build up of expectations it might have the reverse effect on launch day.

By giving the people details ahead of time you will get a lot more feedback whether it is positive or negative this still gives you a small amount of time to do small adjustments if necessary. The Inmotion loyalist will always buy your wheels but those sitting on the fence will have time to adjust expectations so by launch you might get a lot more people buying.

• Like 2