New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

18 degrees = 34% incline - that's a lot!!!!!

These numbers are meaningless anyways.

Will the motor explode at 35% degrees? No.

You really think the wheel can do 34%% incline for "infinite" time (until the battery runs out) without mosfet frying/cable melting/motor overheating? I wouldn't bet on it.

Does not even take ride weight into account. Same incline that is easy for a 40 kg rider is crazy hard for a 100kg rider.

This focus on random specs makes no sense.

For reliable info, we'd need tests on what power (W) can be sustained infinitely by the motor and electronics - and then that's the power you are guaranteed to have, whatever that means for you (rider weight, speed, incline, everything else) in reality.

Totally agree @meepmeepmayer

Dreamworld paper specs is worth nothing. I rather have sustained specs that I can relay on. Same old story as with HiFi and speakers watts without and relationship to sound quality. 

So real-world sustainable specs please. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lavabo said:

is canada included in continental us ?

LOL!:roflmao:

...but seriously, I think Canada is considered 'Alaska adjacent or adjunct' (and therefore, part of US) for shipping purposes. :blink:

Edited by RayRay
No seriously, it's just upstate NY or Northern Minnasota isn't it?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lavabo said:

is canada included in continental us ?

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

No, sorry - continental US means lower 48 states in the US.

@Lavabo depending on where you live in Canada have the wheel shipped to a FedEx station in the US and drive down to pick it up. You could also contact @Jason McNeil at Ewheels and see if he ships your way. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WaveCut said:

Larger/Faster the wheel - lower the angle it capable to climb

The ACM 1600 is both large and fast and it ascended both a 20% and 30% grade last year with zero issues. 

27103605148_0974ddaeaa_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1

Okay, so maybe Alaska isn't part of the contiguous US, but it should be counted as part of the continent (shouldn't it?).

Edited by RayRay
Is there an Upper North America?

45 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Totally agree @meepmeepmayer

Dreamworld paper specs is worth nothing. I rather have sustained specs that I can relay on. Same old story as with HiFi and speakers watts without and relationship to sound quality. 

So real-world sustainable specs please. 

Yep, sustained is the key word here. If the manufacturers can guarantee certain physical, sustained numbers (like wattage, current, torque, whatever) then you can trust what they say. Until then, it's marketing lies and you can only really trust what has worked for yourself for your personal weight/route/riding style.

f the adjustable shell?innovation

Hello everyone,

Following the teasing of several weeks, a full picture of the V10 has finally been unveiled. xD

The first thing we say when seeing (this photo) is that the hull and the pedals are (loud) high (normal for an OFF-Road!).

Now, afterwards, when we take a closer look at one of the illustrations of the teasing, we notice that this same hull was not really so high (see comparison below).

So a question arises:

Is it possible that the long-awaited innovation on this V10 lies in different modes of driving? Like "Wild, Medium, Street" with each mode different shell height / pedals? Personally I would find it super classy B|

Or the illustration of the teasing is photoshopped and I'm racing for nothing at all :P

5ab5450d679a7_COQUEV10.thumb.png.9bac2a341b57912bc7a3ccd51e9b1ed0.png

Wait and see!

A ++

Gyroclub Belgium

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/4473-gotway-mcm-5/&prev=search

20 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

First full picture, not clear though:

Capture.JPG.46171e686a0f60794e50bd510dd2

God, they really know how to push that tension to a breaking point, don't they.
I think I read or heard somewhere that testing with reviewers begins on the 25th. So, if that's true only a few more days until we see what it really is....

16 minutes ago, MacPara said:

God, they really know how to push that tension to a breaking point, don't they.
I think I read or heard somewhere that testing with reviewers begins on the 25th. So, if that's true only a few more days until we see what it really is....

On the French forum somebody made a snide remark that they might have spent all their Research and Development budget on Marketing, lol

• Upvote 1

Looks like it might be coming to USA (or Korea) first:

"April 10 Inmotion China officially announces the wheel, in China. Inmotion France will let the first series of production (which will go to the US or South Korea) to avoid the surprises of early youth.

Then, once the wheel is made reliable, manufacture for us will start at the end of April. There is generally 3 or 4 weeks of manufacture, then 3 or 4 weeks of delivery by boat to carry the very large quantity that will be ordered.Then Inmotion France picks up the parcels (many), they put job modes in French in each package, etc ... and finally bring them to the customers.

Finally they keep a little margin in the announced deadlines not to get bawled if there is a week late ... (Even if it's not the kind of house to berate others for so little ... ?). Maybe it will happen a little before, in June, but it is always risky to go too far level delays on such quantities of products made in China, even before the start of production ...

there, you know everything"

13 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

f the adjustsssssable shell?innovation

Or the illustration of the teasing is photoshopped and I'm racing for nothing at all :P

5ab5450d679a7_COQUEV10.thumb.png.9bac2a341b57912bc7a3ccd51e9b1ed0.png

Are you trying to say that you believe these two photos show the same V10 wheel? I am confused.... The only thing they seem to have in common is that they are made by InMotion. The tire is not even the same size nor the tread, so how could this be the same wheel?!

49 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Are you trying to say that you believe these two photos show the same V10 wheel? I am confused.... The only thing they seem to have in common is that they are made by InMotion. The tire is not even the same size nor the tread, so how could this be the same wheel?!

I just copy/pasted that from the French forum. Just pre-release speculation that the new wheel might have adjustable height. I didn't really form an opinion on the matter.

On 2018-03-23 at 3:22 PM, Rehab1 said:

@Lavabo depending on where you live in Canada have the wheel shipped to a FedEx station in the US and drive down to pick it up. You could also contact @Jason McNeil at Ewheels and see if he ships your way. 

thank you

yes sometime i ship item from usa to kinek border point when its heavy or the shipping price to Canada are outrageous.  Only drawback is the duty fee.

If its made in USA then no duty (only tax. free trade agre.) but if its from china... they re is a duty fee added to taxes...

In this case i guess the canada market is protected to other suppliers... or we have to buy it direct from china (shipping sometime is cheaper from china then from usa, and we save an exchange rate (CAD to yen  instead of CAD to USD to yen)

Lets wait to see the price  before...

anyway signup for review  form is closed

Edited by Lavabo
  • Like 1

We need to air ship a limited quantity of V10s for media and reviews, so we are thinking of also air shipping some extra units for our first batch of pre-orders. 

The first shipment will probably depart around April 10th, and it should take about 10 days to arrive in San Diego, which means arrival will be around April 20th

We haven't got an exact number of how many we can get from the factory for the first batch,  but we'll ship out to customers according to our pre-order sequence, which means the earliest birds have a chance to be the first to receive the V10, the most powerful model that InMotion ever made, by April 20th.

Want to be the first to receive your V10? Reserve now! https://www.ridev10.com

• Like 1

As some of you know, we shot the V10 promo last week, and I can't wait to share it with you guys on the 10th! For now, stay tuned here and on our website for ongoing Behind-The-Scenes peeks:

Edit: IMG removed

Edited by Jeffrey Scott Will
Image removed
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

As some of you know, we shot the V10 promo last week, and I can't wait to share it with you guys on the 10th! For now, stay tuned here and on our website for ongoing Behind-The-Scenes peeks:

Inmotion-V10F.thumb.jpg.bcd3172a11151270c4a9603ecb95a103.jpg

Holy cow that looks thin and the pedals look very wide. I'm guessing a 2.5"tire.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Holy cow that looks thin and the pedals look very wide. I'm guessing a 2.5"tire.

I thought it was already established that it had a wide wheel :confused1:

1 minute ago, WARPed1701D said:

Yes but how wide? 

Per the eWheels.com pre-order page:

The pre-release situation on the Inmotion V10 could not be more different, unlike both Ninebot & King Song, Inmotion has traditionally held back new product infomation under a veil of secrecy until the finished product is ready for production. Nevertheless, the information that has leaked out of China is that although it is also fitted with a 16″ tire, it stands apart with it’s 2.5″ wide profile tire (previous 16″ Wheels all had 2.125″ tires),  this is expected to make the V10 feel quite unlike any other 16″ which has gone before, providing superior traction & enhance the ride stability. The V10F is distinguished from the V10 with a 80 cell 680Wh capacity battery (double the size of the previous V), compared to a 60 cell 680Wh pack on& a reputed max speed of 40kph. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Per the eWheels.com pre-order page:

it stands apart with it’s 2.5″ wide profile tire (previous 16″ Wheels all had 2.125″ tires),  this is expected to make the V10 feel quite unlike any other 16″ which has gone before,

Bit cheeky. 

My first ever wheel, the IPS Lhotz, had a 2.5inch tire. It WAS wonderful though.

Edited by Paddylaz
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

My first ever wheel, the IPS Lhotz had a 2.5inch tire. It WAS wonderful though.

Yup, hence why many mod their KS16's to do 2.5" wide.

IMHO, all EUC's should be at least 2.5" wide, as this is a standard tire width for 14-18" tires (better if EUC companies adopted 16" x 3.0", as that is also a common tire size).

Without suspension, our bent knees plus tire volume / contact surface area are the only ways to absorb impact from bumps, etc.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2