King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

2 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

ok... Sold my V8 5 minutes ago...

I money is ready for whichever wheel come out of the suspension battle...

I have a feeling more wheels will be on the auction block before this party is over. :popcorn:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I have a feeling more wheels will be on the auction block before this party is over. :popcorn:

I'll be doing my part to fund someone's purchase of a S18, keeping a close eye on the sale forum!

• Like 2

A point I like about the S18 is that the electronics and batteries (AFAIK) benefit from the shock absorption. It might not have been a particular problem, but still.

Edited by null

That is news for sure. Im not overjoyed to hear you say that. I havent seen any interviews, am i missing some released information from Kuji, or is this something you just happened to know?

Just now, ShanesPlanet said:

That is news for sure. Im not overjoyed to hear you say that. I havent seen any interviews, am i missing some released information from Kuji, or is this something you just happened to know?

We have some semi-private chats going (invite only group)

Gotway knows how to build a torque monster of a wheel, so we'll probably have to wait for their version of a suspension wheel that can kill the hills.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, Jack King Song said:

Introducing the King Song S18, a wheel like never before. Move in ultimate Style and Comfort featuring an on board Adjustable Suspension System.

Jack  - how hard/easy is it to change the shock (if I wanted to replace with a Fox for example)? 

Same question for changing tire.

Thanks

Bought one,

please answer.

Thanks again

I think the smaller 84V 3P battery says a lot.  My take from that is this a sweet looking wheel for the casual urban rider that doesn't ride so far or fast.  Suspension, style, but not a lot of performance chops.

... Gotway ...

I wanted to post a spoof thread in the gotway subforum titled "exclusive! Gotway MS-fleX (w/suspension)" but I missed April 1st by a week, and I didn't want to cause any heart attacks.

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

It shouldnt be a surprise that this cant compete with the MSP torque. That thing is just a monster at that... I think the S18 is a near ideal beginner/intermediate wheel that handles similar to the 16X with a much cushier ride. I think even experienced riders would also have good things to say. Its pretty decent at off-roading and bumpy trails too. But if all you care about is top speed and torque, then Gotway dominates that department at the moment. 

Hmm... Thanks for your honest opinions on it. I had planned on kicking its ass on the trail and dedicating it to that. Now it sounds like I may do better by considering it a street spare for the 18L, or vice versa.  Any plans to walk on over and help the 'other' guys with a realistic test ride?

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You seem to be fairly adamant about preferring the inno, and you seem to be on the KS page to do so. Just an observation, and you are entitled to your opinion and specs do indeed speak for themselves.

Thanks, you saved me from writing. :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm certainly looking forward to get my copy. I love the looks and am looking forward to the unique ride experience (and my knees aren't what they used to be).

Variety is fun :thumbup:

My sentiments exactly (although my knees are still OK, it can't help to safeguard them & keep them feeling OK with a suspension wheel) I only own the Tesla & the Z10 (unlike yourself :D), so I have No downsides with battery size, which seems to be the main issue for most people along with speed.  Top speed is Never Ever going to be a King Song thing, so 50kph is fine by me too!

So for me there are No downsides that I can see, other than my much loved Z10 getting jealous!  Will need to have a chat with @The Fat Unicyclist to see if he can hook me up with a pre-order!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Dave Wood said:

the S18  from what iv read  is still using yesteryear  18650 cells (correct me if im wrong)... 

The specs say you are wrong... this has been your correction.   The pack is configured in a 20S3P/60 cell configuration, using the LG M50T 5Ah 21700 format cells, for total capacity of 1,1110Wh.  (ewheels specs on website)     I havent personally been able to confirm these specs.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

10 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Where is the spring? I only see a shock.

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

im guessing in the rear fork tubes as the front 2 are handle stow.

No spring, it's a Air Shock. 

35 minutes ago, buell47 said:

No spring, it's a Air Shock. 

that answers that. See, i just ASSUMED they would use the 2 rear tubes as spring and alignment support (in addition to the rear air shock). It will be fun to see EXACTLY how this is put together, once its in the wild!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Hey jack!

I just want to know...

Is it going to have dual charge ports? I already have an 84v 2.5amp KS charger. Seems a nice bonus if i could use it with the charger supplied with purchase of the sks18.

I hear that 5amp is all KS is going to stand behind as max charge for the sks18?

With a 6 hr charge time, Im guessing the stock charger will be 5amp? 

Will it "hold my beer and watch this"?:efee6b18f3:

Clarify this for us a little please.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Emptying an EUC battery by riding only gets you about 60% of a full cell cycle. A full cell cycle translates to 120-150km of range. 120 * 500 = 60 000 km = 37 000 miles. No rider gets there in two years, not even me!

60% of full cycle is  going from 4.20V to 3.67v. Below 3.3V for GW or 3V for KS only few % of energy is avialable.  Look at the discharge test of any li-ion cell. So I would say EUC full cycle is more like 85-95% of a full cell cycle. 

120km is a lie. In real life it will be closer to 50-60km. So even taking 60km X 500 = 30 000km. Not mention that after 500 cycles battery cell will remain about 80% of capacity. So it will be doing in avarage not 60 km but lets say 53km. Avarage durning those 500 cycles. So it ill be 500x53km =26 500km. And we are talking about light rider or  riding slow. Otherwise it will be again much less. 

3 minutes ago, Espen R said:

I can’t wait for Chooch to review the S18, but late last night I thought of this somewhat disturbing scenario:

Chooch gets the wheel, and once it is fully charged, he rides up to his mountain trail playground, but when he arrives, he realizes there isn’t enough charge left to do a proper trail test. Chooch is a man of the wild, he’s always prepared and carries a small tent in his pocket, so he finds a cabin with an outdoor outlet, starts to charge the wheel, hunts down a small pray for breakfast, and settles in for the night in his tent. When the first light hits the mountains, he wakes up to disturbing sounds. Chooch knows the wild, and he knows there is a bear outside his tent. With his superhuman hearing, he knows exactly where the bear is located, and it’s between the tent and the wheel. The bear is right beneath the tree where he hung up his breakfast, a sparrow he caught with his bare hands, so he knows the bear is occupied. That’s his chance. He opens the tent and runs towards the wheel so fast that the first sound the bear hears is when he turns the wheel on. Now the chase begins, and it is an epic chase, and of course he records everything.

Chooch heads for the hills, he knows he has to even the odds. A bear can run at 50kph (31mph), so at level ground the bear will be able to keep up and even catch him, because bear suspension is better than Kingmotion, Chooch knows that. After 5 mins of hard riding, he can now feel the bear’s breath on his neck, he reaches the hill. Instantly he opens up a gap, the bear can’t keep up uphill, but just a few moments later he hears the fast chilling beeps from the wheel. It’s the 80% warning, and for Chooch a wheel is like a part of his body, so he knows he has to slow down. The bear gains on him again. In a giant leap the bear lashes out towards him, and he can feel how the bear claws tear through his flesh down his back, but the top of the hill is close, and Chooch knows bears can’t run fast downhill. He makes it to the top, and rides down the hill faster than any human, faster than the laws of physics. The bear gives up, but Chooch is so full of adrenaline, he doesn’t slow down. The wheel is at 30%, but the adrenaline clouds his judgment. He goes for a major jump, and the wheel can’t take the landing, it cuts out, and Chooch smashes to the ground face first. The camera on the selfie stick points to the sky, and all we can hear is a raspy heavy breathing and grunts of pain. Suddenly the camera starts to move. Chooch is pulling it towards him. He faces the camera and we can see his smashed-up face. One eye is missing and the top of his skull is crushed, it is the end for Chooch. We know it, and he knows it. With painful effort he opens his mouth. A blood gurgling voice tries to form his last words, and we can barely hear them, a faint painful whisper comes out: Thank you @Jason McNeil , for sending me this wheel.

10/10 would watch