King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

17 minutes ago, Espen R said:

My point was, since you are concerned about safety, then you shouldn’t make wheels that have no warning cut outs at speeds well below your limited 50kph with more than 50% left of the battery capacity, or make wheels that can’t perform safely for more than the first 10-20 mins after a full charge. If you really cared about safety, you’d make wheels with 4p battery packs that are safe to ride down to 30%.

Take it easy man. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Guys, please don't be too harsh, be benevolent, and do not read more into answers than they directly say:)

:cheers:

9 minutes ago, Espen R said:

I’m sorry if you felt I was attacking you. As a EUC rider and a Kingsong fan, it is very frustrating when you feel the company aren’t listening to their customers. All I want is for Kingsong to make great and safe wheels again, and I don’t know how I or the many who share the same view can communicate with them. You are the only one I can reach who represent Kingsong, and therefore I vented my frustration on you, which isn’t fair, and I’m truly sorry.

I understand where you come from and I want our riders to be safe. Could you please link me to where you've seen 16x issues above 40km? Preferably posts that include great detail such as situations, ride style, speed etc  

32 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There is an option for Customers worried that the 1110Wh pack won't cut it for their needs, King Song have an external 780Wh power-bank, raising the total potential capacity to 1,890Wh, which we have in stock. This would require fitting into an back-pack & having a tether wire trickle charging the main pack @ 3A; while it's not perfect, it should be a workable solution. The price for this hardware is $650. 

uc?export=view&id=1CNzt5KsmBNvlZlEbUj0Ce

But what does that change about the 1110wh 3p-battery? 

IMO nothing, because I have better and lighter fast charger with unlimited energy. Finding a power supply for the charger was never a problem.

Also the 5A charge current takes to much time on the run. 

Output 42V? :confused1:

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

oops. I guess I misread the OTHER thread rules and my questions got moved to here. Damn... with all the traffic I'm quite sure they will now be forgotten and go unanswered. Hell, I even tried to make them direct questions and even numbered them. My fault i guess :(   SO far i did see that the sks18 has ONE charge port, will come with a 2.5amp charger, but can be charged at 5amp. SO the claim of charging in 6hrs is ONLY if i spend more money and buy another 5amp charger, as there isnt a second port to allow use of my current charger (2.5a) along with the one supplied? Honestly, even tho Jack is a resource for us, I am about to the point to just say 'f**k it', as something is making a matter of specs being answered, a game of cat and mouse. Its only been 3-4 days and Im already tired. IN the end, I'll know everything when it arrives, regardless. If i hate it, I'll sell it at a loss. If i like it, I'll keep it at a loss. Pretty simple.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

32 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The point is that this is charging-on-the-go. Average power consumption cruising at 20MPH, is about 400W, with the power-bank outputting 252W of max power, ~70% of consumption. 

Obviously the 1110Wh pack may not suit everyone's needs, just putting some options on the table. The DC output has a variable voltage selector, up to 84.2v.   

Note: I did make the prediction to KS that there would be some strong dissenting voices on this S18 battery choice...    

Well, is it too late for you to cancel your S18 order? Slightly disappointed customers are way better than cut out disabled customers😉 If they won’t listen to what you say, they might listen to what you pay😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just love your ingenuity buddy! :thumbup:;)

49761939012_fe956f5f05_c.jpg

If I knew the back pack was going to look soooo Cool I would have bought one last year!! .................... I am wasting my time here, ..........I am headed to eWheels to give Jason all my money......... I guess I will be back in a minute when I am broke. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

If I knew the back pack was going to look soooo Cool I would have bought one last year!! .................... I am wasting my time here, ..........I am headed to eWheels to give Jason all my money......... I guess I will be back in a minute when I am broke. 

Might as well strap a bomb to your back, just imagine what would happen if he came off 😬    You better pray to god that back pack is bomb and fire proof...

1 hour ago, fryman said:

Some of us are just frustrated that KS would spend all this engineering on a 1100wh wheel.

KS originally designed the 18L as a 1036Wh wheel. They had to be pried to do the 18XL. Maybe they just don't think bigger batteries are important.

• Like 3