Hi @Seba,

I have the newest EUC World App V1.0.2 (from today) and I can't log to the phone memory anymore. Same with the older 1.0.2 Version.
Is the problem known, or do I only have the problem?

Is there a way to make the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen permanently visible. For me it is not possible to wipe the navigation bar with one hand with the thumb up while driving.
My Galaxy Note 10+ is actually set so that this bar is always visible. The fast switching between the apps is now hardly possible.

15 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I have the newest EUC World App V1.0.2 (from today) and I can't log to the phone memory anymore. Same with the older 1.0.2 Version.
Is the problem known, or do I only have the problem?

Hmm, I assume that you granted EUC World permission to read and write external memory? And are you sure it's really not writing your logs? Please install Total Commander on your phone and check content of external memory. I had a problem with my older CAT S60 that seemed not to write logs. When I connected to my computer with USB cable no files could be found. But when I checked with Total Commander they were written correctly. I had to copy them from EUC World/Logs folder to other folder like Downloads to show up over USB.

18 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Is there a way to make the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen permanently visible. For me it is not possible to wipe the navigation bar with one hand with the thumb up while driving. My Galaxy Note 10+ is actually set so that this bar is always visible. The fast switching between the apps is now hardly possible.

Haha :) I removed status and navigation bar because I received a lot requests to maximize display area for gauge and wheel parameters :-) Seems it's hard to make all users happy with ;-) I will however add dedicated setting so you'll be able to configure this according to your preferences. Just give me few days, ok? ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Hmm, I assume that you granted EUC World permission to read and write external memory?

Yes, I have no SD card, just internal memory. 

1 hour ago, Seba said:

And are you sure it's really not writing your logs? Please install Total Commander on your phone and check content of external memory.

I use total commander and ES File Explorer. No logs. 

If I use WheelLog, log are working. 

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I will however add dedicated setting so you'll be able to configure this according to your preferences. Just give me few days, ok?

That's amazing, thanks a lot. :thumbup:(second donation will follow) 

11 hours ago, winterwheel said:

the ability to see a graph of temperature over the course of the ride would be extremely useful

You can! :)

To go to the tour, go directly to euc.world, and click on your user name (or from a phone, first click on the menu button/three  horizontal lines on top right, and then your username) > tours > the tour you want to check. Or to check your current tour straight from the app: tour reording tab > share > copy link > paste it in your browser's address bar

You'll find tempperature in the third graph from the top:

Screenshot-at-2019-11-23-03-17-49.png

You can click on any point on the graph and the text fields above will give you the exact temperature at that point in time, along with the exact time, your speed, battery %, power, voltage, current...  Hope that helps! :)

Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread, but I've seen recent mention/discussion about a new Android watch app? What are the chances this can be made to function standalone between just an Android watch connecting straight to a wheel, with no phone involved/required? This would be my dream.

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread, but I've seen recent mention/discussion about a new Android watch app? What are the chances this can be made to function standalone between just an Android watch connecting straight to a wheel, with no phone involved/required? This would be my dream.

I'm not 100% sure, but from my experience, Wear OS watches only see sound Bluetooth devices (headphones, speakers) but not other non-sound BT devices like BT GPS units, sensors, etc. @Seba, can these watches pair to wheels directly?

The amount of questionable (and borderline intellectually dishonest) fanboying in this forum in favor of Android and downplaying iOS is frankly shocking--keep that sh1t on Reddit or Facebook. In the US, Android and iOS usage is split roughly half-and-half, and even in Europe roughly a quarter of all users are on iOS. Any stats slanted much more extreme than that are heavily skewed by the Asian markets and are not useful/actionable metrics that should be applied to decision-making for western markets (unless targeting distinct sub-portions like for example certain specific countries in Europe may be more extreme than others). Otherwise keep in mind that the majority of users of this English-speaking forum and therefore participants in this discussion are almost-certainly located in western markets, and likely the majority of users of the app [which I don't think has Asian localizations?] probably are as well.

I think a great many western users would definitely second the request for an iOS version of EUC World, as DarknessBot still leaves much to be desired compared to the functionality of EUC World or even the original WheelLog. There's a reason eWheels has officially started subsidizing the development of DarknessBot out of their own pocket, because the state of EUC apps on iOS is so appalling and apparently the scale of the problem/number of their customers it affects is large enough to warrant them shouldering the expense.

I'm not demanding it, or saying the developer is obligated or even should do it--that's for them to decide. I am seconding the request, as well pointing out that the potential demand there is likely somewhere between a quarter to one half of all western EUC users, which is a significant portion that should not be marginalized/downplayed due to online smartphone fanboyism.

Edit: responding to things like this nonsense: "market share: 87% Android 13% iOS" and "The choice is rather obvious." That's the form/tone of platform fanboys trying to win online arguments (numbers taken out of context and sweeping declarations), not how real decisions about potential platform support should be discussed.

Edit2: nowhere do I address anything about which platform is better or denounce anyone for their personal platform choice. I am simply admonishing and disproving the argument that supposedly iOS is not worth supporting because its market share is too low or not worth the effort (half of the US and a quarter of all of Europe is too low or not worth the effort?) It is using thoroughly-misleading global statistics when discussing something in the context of western markets for the purpose of misrepresenting and attempting to marginalize one install base over another that I would call 'intellectually dishonest'.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

I sent it notice yesterday to all registered euc.world users, but just in case:

In order to ensure that this service runs smoothly and quickly, it is necessary to carry out some upgrade work on the server.  Therefore, on Saturday, 23 November 2019, from 8:00 a.m. Central European Time (read: from now on :), the euc.world service will be unavailable for few hours. During this time it will not be possible to use route tracking feature. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'm counting on your understanding - thanks to these works everything will work better and faster and I will be able to add more exciting features in nearest future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

But to post in the language and use of words I this plainly is disrespectfull. 

I thought it was a bit harsh too tbh. I think I would have approached it with something similar to:

"I appreciate that WheelLog is supported by Android, but if you could port it for the smaller Apple base it would be great. In fact, given the work, time and effort required along with the smaller market, I would be prepared to pay XX dollars for the app. Maybe you could consider porting if financially justifiable. Many thanks."

• Like 3

@Seba

I have some UI change suggestions for you

First. The bottom of the screen where it shows which page you are on. Make that bottom part black like the rest. That type of design is a little dated. Also make the green accent color brighter and more saturated. It looks too dull, especially for small ui elements. Other than that. Really nice. I like how it looks! Maybe also make the watch, euc and phone battery logos under the speedometer aligned, you should also reduce the text size of the parameters on the speedometer page. Example: average speed. Change the font to something a little more clran looking like product sans for example. 

That's all i could think of to improve design. I hope the input is helpful :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, travsformation said:

You can! :)

To go to the tour, go directly to euc.world, and click on your user name (or from a phone, first click on the menu button/three  horizontal lines on top right, and then your username) > tours > the tour you want to check. Or to check your current tour straight from the app: tour reording tab > share > copy link > paste it in your browser's address bar

You'll find tempperature in the third graph from the top:

Screenshot-at-2019-11-23-03-17-49.png

You can click on any point on the graph and the text fields above will give you the exact temperature at that point in time, along with the exact time, your speed, battery %, power, voltage, current...  Hope that helps! :)

Cool! I hadn't been into the web app yet, that works fine. Thanks that's super useful.:efefae4566:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

The bottom of the screen where it shows which page you are on. Make that bottom part black like the rest.

It actually works a status area: grey when the wheel is disconnected, green when it's connected and blue when you're recording a tour :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

It actually works a status area: grey when the wheel is disconnected, green when it's connected and blue when you're recording a tour :)

I know. It just doesn't look too visually appealing. I would say it should be black. And then maybe turn green when connected. But there are enough ways to see the status already. Maybe some experimemtstion id needed to test other ways to show status. Maybe a smaller panel at the bottom. Maybe just a line that changes color.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:43 PM, Seba said:

Hmm, I assume that you granted EUC World permission to read and write external memory? And are you sure it's really not writing your logs? Please install Total Commander on your phone and check content of external memory.

Hi @Seba, I reinstalled the app V1.0.4 and have tried everything, but logging doesn't work.

Only WheelLog works. :mellow:

Du you have any idea what the problem could be? 

Just as I'm about to send this post, I see something... oh, man... can one be so stupid? 

I look all the time in the WHEELLOG folder instead of getting the idea that a new folder called EUC WORLD exists now. :facepalm: :roflmao:

What else occurred to me. I selected the light as a double-click action, but it doesn't always work. Either it doesn't turn on anymore, or it doesn't turn off anymore. Sometimes it helps to operate the light on the switch (KS16X) directly, but I can't reproduce it reliably. 

11 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Just as I'm about to send this post, I see something... oh, man... can one be so stupid? 

I look all the time in the WHEELLOG folder instead of getting the idea that a new folder called EUC WORLD exists now. :facepalm: :roflmao:

You're absolved! B)

11 minutes ago, buell47 said:

What else occurred to me. I selected the light as a double-click action, but it doesn't always work. Either it doesn't turn on anymore, or it doesn't turn off anymore. Sometimes it helps to operate the light on the switch (KS16X) directly, but I can't reproduce it reliably. 

In King Song wheels ligh action doesn't just turn the light on and off. In fact each time you trigger light action, it cycles light mode between AUTO, ON and OFF (I don't remember if the order is right). And AUTO is default after you power on your wheel. So to turn the light OFF you have to make two double-clicks. Depending on the outside lighting conditions, it may be needed to again make two double-clicks to turn light ON.

But even if this doesn't work in this way, there may be some other issue I'm unaware for now. I've verified this with KS-16C, KS-18L, KS-18XL and KS-16X. Always worked. If you're using Flic button please check if button connected with Filc app. Open Flic app, select "Phone" page and click on Flic to switch it from "Stanby" to "Connected". You can also test with just screen touch - enter "Gauge settings" and setup scren tap to trigger light control action. Check if this works as intended.

1 minute ago, Seba said:

In King Song wheels ligh action doesn't just turn the light on and off. In fact each time you trigger light action, it cycles light mode between AUTO, ON and OFF (I don't remember if the order is right). And AUTO is default after you power on your wheel. So to turn the light OFF you have to make two double-clicks. Depending on the outside lighting conditions, it may be needed to again make two double-clicks to turn light ON.

But even if this doesn't work in this way, there may be some other issue I'm unaware for now. I've verified this with KS-16C, KS-18L, KS-18XL and KS-16X.

I've had no problem with it on the 18XL. My best guess is that the auto mode is what makes things confusing, as it can be misleading: you think the light's off when it's actually on auto.

@buell47 I put a small piece of black duct tape on the wheel's light sensor, since I don't want auto anyway (great fun when it decides it's daylight because you ride under a lamp post and turn the light off ride as there's a pothole). With the sensor taped, the light always stays on in auto mode, so with EUC World, the cycling through the light modes = ON > ON > OFF

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

I know. It just doesn't look too visually appealing. I would say it should be black. And then maybe turn green when connected. But there are enough ways to see the status already. Maybe some experimemtstion id needed to test other ways to show status. Maybe a smaller panel at the bottom. Maybe just a line that changes color.

Personally, I don't think it looks bad. In fact, I really like the new look. But if I were to chose, I'd probably rather focus were placed on functionality rather than aesthetics. Which is ironic, because I can't think of any new functions to add, aside from maybe a GPS-activated autopilot mode so the wheel can come when I beckon it, like a one-wheeled K.I.T.T. :efee612b4b:

My recent requests have been for the euc.world site, which (lucky for me) I believe is what Seba plans on focusing on now

8 minutes ago, Seba said:

Yes, that's right. But only if you toggle manually on the 16X switch on the wheel. 

If I use EUC World double-click it only toggle between OFF and ON (ON =l ow + high beam together),independent which light mode was selected before. 

It's not possible to change the lights to AUTO, only low beam or only high beam with the App. 

But from time to time it comes to the problem that it no longer reacts. 

18 minutes ago, Seba said:

Always worked. If you're using Flic button please check if button connected with Filc app. Open Flic app, select "Phone" page and click on Flic to switch it from "Stanby" to "Connected". You can also test with just screen touch - enter "Gauge settings" and setup scren tap to trigger light control action. Check if this works as intended.

I don't use a Flic button. I'm looking for a good smart watch. :efefe00999: