33 minutes ago, Seba said:

IMG_20191126_185031.jpg.5a456391b024d0253e58fb384127b2a3.jpg

Sorry for the delay :P :efefa6edcf: :D

:shock2: What? 

Please tell more, is this Photoshop or do you already have it on Tizen ( @Lefteris Samsung Watch 46mm)? 

31 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So how do you fit this with wristguards? 

There is a perfekt place on the Flexmeter Wrist Guard and I thinks a Velcro strap around the upper brace is all what you need. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So how do you fit this with wristguards? 

I doesn't fit :( Whatever watch I wear, its band is too short to allow easy wearing with wristguards or winter gloves. You just need some kind of velcro band like the one I shown in one of previous posts.

• Like 2

@Seba Stay with your wife and celebrate, we will be here another day for these things!

@buell47 the plane watch 46mm that doesn't have the mic on it, correct? i'm "that" close on buying one, i don't think i'm into the lte version but i find it around 200€ the cheapest in Greece but then i see the frontier, which is a great watch and the only difference at first glance is that the frontier has microphone and smaller battery, the watch 46mm doesn't have the mic? but at least it has bigger batt... :-/ i'm so confused and i'll trigger and buy something fast that i may don't like afterwards #help

Edited by Lefteris

I think both (the old S3 and the Watch 46 Bluetooth/LTE) have a mic at the BOTTOM below the buttons. 

The newer Watch 46 mm has better specs and a bigger battery. 

46mm Samsung Galaxy Watch:

• Exynos 9110 Dual Core
  • 1.15GHz
  • 1.5GB RAM
  • 4GB Internal Memory
  • 472mAh battery

Samsung Gear S3:

• Exynos 7270
  • Dual 1.0GHz
  • 768MB RAM
  • 4GB Storage
  • 380mAh battery

That's why I choosed the newer Galaxy Watch 46mm Bluetooth from Amazon. 

Samsung Shop has a Black Weekend deal for 199€, but I preferred Amazon. Better Service! 

Maybe it's better we open a spezial TIZEN thread so we can talk about other useful Apps too? :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, buell47 said:

[...] Maybe it's better we open a spezial TIZEN thread so we can talk about other useful Apps too? :efee612b4b:

Please be my guest! :D (/me ordering the watch 46mm [SM-R800NZSATGY] from here, local store, 198€ is ok, isn't it?)

Edited by Lefteris
price

On 11/25/2019 at 4:10 PM, Seba said:

User distance editing is already in my TODO list, but I want to implement in a different way. I want to create possibility to backup settings in euc.world account.

That would be pretty cool. I'll run my own build and until that's out then. Ta!

Additionally, the new map display while riding is pretty excellent, but running the app seems to bog my phone down completely to the point of unusability. I have PIP disabled in case that was what was chewing up resources, but simply running CSV+tour tracking made me unable to launch my camera, swap to IM to check in with @hyperair, and so on. Has this been observed? I'm running on a Xiaomi Mi A1, stock Google One.

• Like 2

I used the EUC World app for the first time today, logging the Tour, etc. I must say, I'm very impressed with everything I'm seeing and the online aspects.

I have a data usage question. I preface the following with the fact that my data plan isn't the best. It appears that the app is using ~1mb per mile which I presume is to record the tour. Given my miles/month and other higher priority uses of my phone, I don't think I'll be able to use the Tour aspects of the app, which is sad.

Perhaps @Seba can clarify the bandwidth required from the app. I wonder how difficult it would be to store the Tour offline and when the phone is on WiFi, then upload the Tour to your server? Or maybe this can already be configured and I just don't know how.

Thanks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, uekarashi said:

That would be pretty cool. I'll run my own build and until that's out then. Ta!

Additionally, the new map display while riding is pretty excellent, but running the app seems to bog my phone down completely to the point of unusability. I have PIP disabled in case that was what was chewing up resources, but simply running CSV+tour tracking made me unable to launch my camera, swap to IM to check in with @hyperair, and so on. Has this been observed? I'm running on a Xiaomi Mi A1, stock Google One.

About the app hogging, I do the same on a oneplus 7 (8/256) pip enabled to switch music and check phone or make a phone call, no hogging everything works. Maybe it's an android one thing or phone resources. 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I used the EUC World app for the first time today, logging the Tour, etc. I must say, I'm very impressed with everything I'm seeing and the online aspects.

I have a data usage question. I preface the following with the fact that my data plan isn't the best. It appears that the app is using ~1mb per mile which I presume is to record the tour. Given my miles/month and other higher priority uses of my phone, I don't think I'll be able to use the Tour aspects of the app, which is sad.

Perhaps @Seba can clarify the bandwidth required from the app. I wonder how difficult it would be to store the Tour offline and when the phone is on WiFi, then upload the Tour to your server? Or maybe this can already be configured and I just don't know how.

Thanks.

From what I know so far as a user, the app can do live route and also csv the ride. I think that you can check the contents of the csv for location data and if its there maybe use some garmin or go pro video app and overlay the information on one of your videos and you get a hud with speed dials and map. 

I've seen videos like that online and thought about using it, but still @Seba will answer all our questions, after he wakes up from the party yesterday 😁😜🤣😂🥳🥳🥳

Edited by Lefteris
Mistakes cause its 7am 😜
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

About the app hogging, I do the same on a oneplus 7 (8/256) pip enabled to switch music and check phone or make a phone call, no hogging everything works. Maybe it's an android one thing or phone resources. 

I only bother mentioning it because @Seba's Wheellog didn't cause the same phone to struggle, and EUC.world does. I'm happy for you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seba said:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm. And it does have microphone :thumbup:

I followed your advice, so - just in case - prepare yourself to be a godfather :P:P:P

Hmm, didn't experienced it on any of my test phones. However in next version I will add option to disable map. This will significantly decrease data plan usage, should also limit resource usage. Hope this will help.

Tour tracking alone doesn't use much data, but map display indeed does. At least initially, when it needs to cache and download map tiles for your area. In next release that is planned within next days I will add options that will allow to limit data plan usage and enable or disable map view. If you're not using map view during your ride (for exampke I don't), there is no need to make map active and waste your data plan quotes. I think that these options along with custom battery level calibration will make you even more happy with EUC World :)

Ah, that didn't occur to me. You're probably right, in that the ~14mb used during my 14-mile ride was mostly the downloading of the map. If that indeed is the case than data usage probably won't be bad.

For mapping all of my rides I use the fantastic GeoTracker app, so I don't need to see my Tour on the phone but it would be cool to still see it on the webpage. I'll continue to experiment and monitor the data usage so I have a better feel for it.

Anyway, looks like your upcoming changes will allay my concerns. Thanks. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seba said:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm. And it does have microphone :thumbup: [...]

At last a specific answer, thank you.

7 hours ago, Seba said:

[...]I followed your advice, so - just in case - prepare yourself to be a godfather :P:P:P[...]

Well you haven't had a chance to see how a Greek is as a godfather, you prepare yourself :D :w00t2:

Good for you guys!!!

8 hours ago, uekarashi said:

I only bother mentioning it because @Seba's Wheellog didn't cause the same phone to struggle, and EUC.world does. I'm happy for you.

Maybe @Seba has a way to emulate an android one device and check if it needs some kind of optimization !?

7 hours ago, Seba said:

I'm thinking about similar feature directly in EUC World. This, however, would need to rewrite the entire application. Now EUC World still contains parts of code made by other WheelLog developers under GPL license. Unfortunately, this makes legally impossible to use some best video processing libraries that usually are commercial, closed source software (thus GPL incompatible). But perspective of creating fancy videos with appealing overlays like graphs, map, terrain profile, weather data, speed dials etc. is so tempting...

There is always the option of you adding some 3rd party libraries that may be closed source if you sign a deal with a company for them, but still best is to keep the app as open source as possible, cause of the features it uses, starting from location and going forward..

1 hour ago, Michael D said:

How does this work? Do you connect the watch directly to the wheel or via your phone? Do you need a clock with LTE? Does it work with all Tizen watches? When will a working app version come out?

You will soon see, the photo was a photoshop mockup for our eyes only, he received his samsung galaxy watch 46mm yesterday, and as he said the tizen developer studio is installed. So, we are going to have a tizen app soon, just stay tuned, he always comes thru !

-

Now to another subject about the HUD view on videos that @Seba commented, there is a way to use the GO Pro Studio App and configure your csv so the video shows the same information on the overlay's that the video is displaying, the app on Mac OS looks like this 

image.thumb.png.4634adb21eafb90fc336dc3f7f718c54.png

And there are many videos that show how to use data from csv and other formats, like this video

If someone has time to make a how to video for our recorded routes it'll be great! Hope someone helps us with this so we can make better videos!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michael D said:

How does this work? Do you connect the watch directly to the wheel or via your phone? Do you need a clock with LTE? Does it work with all Tizen watches? When will a working app version come out?

The watch is connected to EUC World on the smartphone, not directly to the wheel

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Seba said:

Hmm, didn't experienced it on any of my test phones. However in next version I will add option to disable map. This will significantly decrease data plan usage, should also limit resource usage. Hope this will help.

Perhaps. I tried it again yesterday - PIP disabled, tour tracking on, CSV off - and that was fine! I can't imagine CSV logging is the choke point, so hopefully this was just a heisenbug that never shows up again :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, uekarashi said:

Perhaps. I tried it again yesterday - PIP disabled, tour tracking on, CSV off - and that was fine! I can't imagine CSV logging is the choke point, so hopefully this was just a heisenbug that never shows up again :)

PIP causes issues on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 completely BLOATED with apps :efee612b4b:), so I disable it for everything.

If you weren't using the function, maybe it had to do with downloading the maps to display in the tour tracking section. If you did the same/a similar route, perhaps the map is already cached, so it's one fewer thing for the phone to deal with.

• Like 2