3 hours ago, fabio70mi said:

It would be nice to configure to send alarms as notifications, to let mi band vibrate and maybe display a text.  mi bands are cheap and for lot of people it's enough the vibration.

You can't install third-party apps without changing to a custom firmware (not something most people will do, so pretty niche...), so I'm not sure there's enough incentive for something like that to move forward.

Another option, which is more feasible, would be to send notifications to a Mi Band or an Amazfit Bip using tasker. But it would require an EUC World plugin to be created for tasker, and users would have to resort to and intermediary app such as "Notify & Fitness for Amazfit" to forward the notifications to the watch. It feels like a bit of a mixed bag...it isn't that hard to implement and could provide some basic alarm functionality for riders who don't want to spend much on a smartwatch. But on the other hand, it would require quite a few steps from the user to get it up and running: install Notify & Fitness (freemium app), install tasker, create custom task... There'd definitely be a learning curve, and it feels like a considerably tedious process/system (EUC World => EUC World tasker plugin > tasker => Notify & Fitness for Amazfit => watch), just to provide very limited functionality to (a small group of) users willing to install two extra apps on their phone & jump through all the hoops just to get their watch to vibrate & show a notification if they reach a specific speed/current/temperature/etc.

Not sure it's worth devoting development time to something so limited, when you can currently get vibration alarms on your phone, and more importantly and useful, audio warnings (through you phone speaker, BT headset / in-helmet speakers or even wheel speaker)

Jut my 2 cents though.... :)

15 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

There is also the very popular WheelLog app for Android.. not sure if that excuse qualifies as a reason for prioritising android over IOS. 

Seba prioritizing EUC World development for Android just because iOS users already have DarknessBot wasn't an excuse, but more of an (uneducated) guess :)

Someone creates the fatastic WheelLog app (for Android, as it goes) under a GPL license, giving users of (almost) all brands an alternative to the buggy, fury-inducing OEM apps. Development on that app may be more or less active, may be abandoned by the original creator and taken on by someone new. Another user who enjoys the app decides to take what is already there (the beauty of GPL/open-source software) and improve upon it by adding a ton of great new functions: tour recording, voice messages, horn/lights control from dash, Flic integration, a WearOS companion (logical, since it's an Android app), etc.

In terms of an iOS port, IMO there are two main factors to consider:

• In the absence of widespread demand for an iOS version of the app, I can only assume that [most] iOS users are happy enough with Darkness bot.
  • EUC World is a one-man passion project, so it only seems logical for the developer to focus his efforts on polishing and improving the app. And perhaps even more importantly, the public, non-beta version has just been released on the Play Store. A port to iOS, so soon after it's release, might be a bit of a leap... (it took 6 years for Photoshop to be ported from Mac to Windows...) :efee612b4b:

With that in mind,  iOS users can just as easily request new features from Darkness Production as they can request an iOS port of WheelLog or EUC World. ;)

In fact, I think they/you should do both :) 

Or an iOS user could do the port. Or someone could create an entirely new iOS app inspired by EUC world (too bad DarknessBot isn't GPL and can't be forked...). Or EUC World features could create demand for new functionality in DarknessBot and vice-versa. Or all of the above. From my perspective, innovation dwells in variety. :)

Having said that, I love EUC World and would love for everyone to be able to use it, regardless of their digital religion. So I guess that all that's left to say is: iOS riders, if you want it, you're not making nearly enough noise! ;):efee612b4b:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, travsformation said:

You can't install third-party apps without changing to a custom firmware (not something most people will do, so pretty niche...), so I'm not sure there's enough incentive for something like that to move forward.

Another option, which is more feasible, would be to send notifications to a Mi Band or an Amazfit Bip using tasker. But it would require an EUC World plugin to be created for tasker, and users would have to resort to and intermediary app such as "Notify & Fitness for Amazfit" to forward the notifications to the watch. It feels like a bit of a mixed bag...it isn't that hard to implement and could provide some basic alarm functionality for riders who don't want to spend much on a smartwatch. But on the other hand, it would require quite a few steps from the user to get it up and running: install Notify & Fitness (freemium app), install tasker, create custom task... There'd definitely be a learning curve, and it feels like a considerably tedious process/system (EUC World => EUC World tasker plugin > tasker => Notify & Fitness for Amazfit => watch), just to provide very limited functionality to (a small group of) users willing to install two extra apps on their phone & jump through all the hoops just to get their watch to vibrate & show a notification if they reach a specific speed/current/temperature/etc.

Not sure it's worth devoting development time to something so limited, when you can currently get vibration alarms on your phone, and more importantly and useful, audio warnings (through you phone speaker, BT headset / in-helmet speakers or even wheel speaker)

I think the idea (and it's a brilliant idea!) was to simply send notifications to any smartwatch/health tracker that is capable of displaying notifications from the paired Android/iOS device. This way, there's no need to write an actual app for that wearable platform. It's kinda "faking" an app UI by displaying notifications in rapid succession. Did I understand that idea correctly?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, travsformation said:

It isn't an excuse, just a subjective point of view. :)

Someone creates the fatastic WheelLog app (for Android, as it goes) under a GPL license, giving users of (almost) all brands an alternative to the buggy, fury-inducing OEM apps. Development on that app may be more or less active, may be abandoned by the original creator and taken on by someone new. Another user who enjoys the app decides to take what is already there (the beauty of GPL/open-source software) and improve upon it by adding a ton of great new functions: tour recording, voice messages, horn/lights control from dash, Flic integration, a WearOS companion (logical, since it's an Android app).

IMHO, there are two main factors to consider:

• In the absence of widespread demand for an iOS version of the app, I can only assume that [most] iOS users are happy enough with Darkness bot.
  • EUC World is a one-man passion project, so it only seems logical for the developer to focus his efforts on polishing and improving the app. And perhaps even more importantly, the public, non-beta version has just been released on the Play Store. A port to iOS, so soon after it's release, might be a bit of a leap... (it took 6 years for Photoshop to be ported from Mac to Windows...) :efee612b4b:

With that in mind,  iOS users can just as easily request new features from Darkness Production as they can request an iOS port of WheelLog or EUC World. ;)

In fact, I think they/you should do both :) 

Or an iOS user could do the port. Or someone could create an entirely new iOS app inspired by EUC world (too bad DarknessBot isn't GPL and can't be forked...). Or EUC World features could create demand for new functionality in DarknessBot and vice-versa. Or all of the above. From my perspective, innovation dwells in variety. :)

Having said that, I love EUC World and would love for everyone to be able to use it, regardless of their digital religion. So I guess that all that's left to say is: iOS riders, if you want it, you're not making nearly enough noise! ;):efee612b4b:

To add to this -

iOS:

- to develop for iOS, one needs to buy an iPhone (and desirably, several different models), even if the developer doesn't need it per se, since real testing can be only done with real device (only some testing can be done on desktop in simulator) - and this is BIG, BIG $$$

- one must pay $100 EVERY YEAR to Apple to be able to distribute apps via the app store

- Apple Watch OS is a severely castrated wearable OS that's really restrictive of what developer can do

Android:

- phones are much, much cheaper, $30 for a quite useable phone (see my thread about slick deals). One can easily afford having several devices for testing (e.g. with different versions of Android)

- there's only once $25 charge for dev account setup, no yearly fees

- Wear OS is, essentially, just Android OS, for small screens, and allows developer to do virtually anything that can be done on the phone

The choice is rather obvious.

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, fabio70mi said:

It would be nice to configure to send alarms as notifications, to let mi band vibrate and maybe display a text.  mi bands are cheap and for lot of people it's enough the vibration.

Interesting idea. The problem I see is that using notifications it will normally raise single vibration, without possibility to define custom pattern. Normally, each alarm have its own pattern to allow rider to distinct between soeed alert (including priority), overvoltage, overcurrent or overtemperature alarm. With Mi Band you won't know if this single vibration was in fact notification from Spotify that new song has started playing, from SMS or from exceeding defined speed. I will however consider this approach, thanks :)

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Interesting idea. The problem I see is that using notifications it will normally raise single vibration, without possibility to define custom pattern. Normally, each alarm have its own pattern to allow rider to distinct between soeed alert (including priority), overvoltage, overcurrent or overtemperature alarm. With Mi Band you won't know if this single vibration was in fact notification from Spotify that new song has started playing, from SMS or from exceeding defined speed. I will however consider this approach, thanks :)

Yes, we can try.  On mi band I can enable only notifications from a single app, so I know it's from euc.world. And I could choose from your application which alarms trigger notification. After that, if mi band vibrate I could also read notification text to know if it's for speed, overload, battery.
On wheellog thread another guy adviced to repeat notification more times in short time to vibrate longer. I don't know if it's useful, maybe.

PS: Tell me how can I improve italian translation I started months ago with wheellog.

Fabio

• Like 1

7 hours ago, travsformation said:

I think it can be easily done by application generating standard notifications. Mi Fit can configure (by application) which notifications are forwarded to mi band.

That's it, nothing more

46 minutes ago, fabio70mi said:

PS: Tell me how can I improve italian translation I started months ago with wheellog.

8 hours ago, Aneta said:

think the idea (and it's a brilliant idea!) was to simply send notifications to any smartwatch/health tracker that is capable of displaying notifications from the paired Android/iOS device. This way, there's no need to write an actual app for that wearable platform.

1 hour ago, fabio70mi said:

I think it can be easily done by application generating standard notifications. Mi Fit can configure (by application) which notifications are forwarded to mi band.

That's it, nothing more

Yeah, I just realized that the idea flew right over my head, when it's VERY simple indeed. Talk about over-thinking one's self into confusion... :roflmao:

So, now that I actually understand what you meant, that's a great idea! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Interesting idea. The problem I see is that using notifications it will normally raise single vibration, without possibility to define custom pattern. Normally, each alarm have its own pattern to allow rider to distinct between soeed alert (including priority), overvoltage, overcurrent or overtemperature alarm. With Mi Band you won't know if this single vibration was in fact notification from Spotify that new song has started playing, from SMS or from exceeding defined speed

Using "Notify & Fitness for Amazfit" instead of the default "Mi Fit" app might help, it allows for MUCH more customization:

photo-2019-11-21-12-02-36.jpg

photo-2019-11-21-12-02-38.jpg

On the other hand, I'm not sure different vibrations can be set for different notifications. Perhaps different rules can be created (If the notification contains "speed", then...) and have specific vibration patterns assigned to them:

photo-2019-11-21-12-04-36.jpg

I'll play around with it and see if it's possible.

BTW, off-topic:

@fabio70mi I really do recommend this app, it allows you much more control over the watch (wake-up alarms only when you're in light sleep, pressing the watch button for music control on phone, taking pics, etc. ). Now that I've gotten used to it and tweaked everything to my liking, I'd feel like my watch has lost half of its potential if I didn't have this app...

Just for info upgrading euc world to 1.0.2 cause hard crash after 5/9  sec. On samsung galaxy 5 and 7. I try change all setings in euc world anyway crash. Only fix is fresh install or delete all data in phone from old version and setup euc world again. Is not problem is just beta.

7 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Just for info upgrading euc world to 1.0.2 cause hard crash after 5/9  sec. On samsung galaxy 5 and 7. I try change all setings in euc world anyway crash. Only fix is fresh install or delete all data in phone from old version and setup euc world again. Is not problem is just beta.

What phone are you using? Make, model and Android version? It just crashes soon after you start it, without any user action? Or it crashes after you do something (eg. enter settings, swipe pages etc.) ?

Samsung galaxy S7 SM-930F android 7 core 3.18.14-10422490 knox 2.7.1 Crash soon in random time maximum 10 sec maybee. Changing settings in app not affect crashing. Internet conection i try on - off no change. I try all standard debuging metod. For shure i unistall inmotion app for some "interference maybe but no efect".

Aafter update my settings app stay same i was happy but crashing. After wipe all app data work nice and stable.

my setings is PIP on /set curent alarm 27A(both alarms) / realistic batery level ON / REcord setings automatic on /gps save on /use gps yes (i ride always offline) Set alarms ON 

EUC world site login autologed (i try for debuging 4G on /off no efect on crash)

Second phone Samsung galaxy S5 android 6.0 (no simcard phone same settings) 

both phones have whellog unistaled after i install Euc world.

autorotation on/off no efect on crash

Or it crashes after you do something (eg. enter settings, swipe pages etc.) ? randomly not after action

All this test i do on ride on my V10F  i was moving nonstop.

Maybe is app stable if not loged to v10f i dont know that i not tested. sorry :(

Sorry my english i have no translator here i can send you specific galaxy S5 info after i go back home

Edited by DjPanJan
edit details 2

17 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Samsung galaxy S7 SM-930F android 7 core 3.18.14-10422490 knox 2.7.1 Crash soon in random time maximum 10 sec maybee. Changing settings in app not affect crashing. Internet conection i try on - off no change. I try all standard debuging metod. For shure i unistall inmotion app for some "interference maybe but no efect".

Aafter update my settings app stay same i was happy but crashing. After wipe all app data work nice and stable.

my setings is PIP on /set curent alarm 27A(both alarms) / realistic batery level ON / REcord setings automatic on /gps save on /use gps yes (i ride always offline) Set alarms ON 

EUC world site login autologed (i try for debuging 4G on /off no efect on crash)

Second phone Samsung galaxy S5 android 6.0 (no simcard phone same settings) 

both phones have whellog unistaled after i install Euc world.

autorotation on/off no efect on crash

Or it crashes after you do something (eg. enter settings, swipe pages etc.) ? randomly not after action

All this test i do on ride on my V10F  i was moving nonstop.

Maybe is app stable if not loged to v10f i dont know that i not tested. sorry :(

Sorry my english i have no translator here i can send you specific galaxy S5 info after i go back home

When application crashes, you should have option to send report to Google Play. This way I can receive exception report that can help me to pinpoint the crash cause and resolve problem.

Sorry I was on a trip and I solved it while driving I always gave OK and started the application again and tried what can be done to fix it when I tried everything that could be changed in the application and phone settings so I deleted the application data and everything was solved. I'll try to do it for you by finding the old version 1.0.1 somewhere on the Internet and try to get it on the phone and simulate the error again to help you. I don't know what to do and I'm sorry to be very grateful for what you do.
Maybe you can put a link to a secure version of Euc world 1.0.1?

edit. (no luck find version 1.0.1 apk on internet) 

Edited by DjPanJan
edit cant find (old) app

On 11/20/2019 at 2:44 AM, hyperair said:

@Seba I tried out the new EUC World update today and it looks great. One issue though -- battery percentage estimation on my Rockwheel GT16 no longer works. Did you rebase my GT16 detection fix out?

Please check if battery is reported correctly for your GT16 in newest 1.0.4.

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

Maybe you can put a link to a secure version of Euc world 1.0.1?

edit. (no luck find version 1.0.1 apk on internet) 

There were massive changes between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 , so reverting back to 1.0.1 won't help me to pinpoint the problem :( But I've just submitted 1.0.4 to Google Play; please try this version and let me know if the problem persists.

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

Please try this version and let me know if the problem persists.

Tested In 1.0.4, all my settings remained unchanged after the update. The problem does not repeat.
I tried to change various settings like login to online autorotation functions etc. Tested in the living room but I drove 140 meters for you :)
Summarization: no longer need to delete application data on android 7.0 and 6.0 on "some" samsung galaxy S7 + S5 The application is now stable after the update. thank you very much

I have a Samsung Gear Fit2, Is it supported?  If so, can someone point me to instructions?  If not, is there a plan for it to be supported?  If not, what smartwatch should I buy?

I love the new app.  Thanks @Seba  !

16 hours ago, Seba said:

When application crashes, you should have option to send report to Google Play. This way I can receive exception report that can help me to pinpoint the crash cause and resolve problem.

Hi Seba,

First of all, superb initiative ...

I recently dedicated my old Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) as EUC phone, but with the LineageOS 16 and Android v9 (Pie) - since the factory android version did not work too well. Now my phone is, as expected, a bit slow but it works.
In the past I also had the phenomena of EUC World crashing (prob v1.0.1 or 1.0.2) after a few seconds (also sent the crash log through Google Play), but now with your latest update (1.04) - it is stable and working (app stays on - not made any tour yet).

:thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Meulebeest said:

Hi Seba,

First of all, superb initiative ...

I recently dedicated my old Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) as EUC phone, but with the LineageOS 16 and Android v9 (Pie) - since the factory android version did not work too well. Now my phone is, as expected, a bit slow but it works.
In the past I also had the phenomena of EUC World crashing (prob v1.0.1 or 1.0.2) after a few seconds (also sent the crash log through Google Play), but now with your latest update (1.04) - it is stable and working (app stays on - not made any tour yet).

:thumbup:

Thank you :) Your case is a perfect example of why Android development isn't that easy as one may though. There is multitude of devices, having different hardware and software configurations, often with manufacturer-specific modifications. Each Android version brings significant API changes, depreciations or restrictions. And you have to provide support for all of these devices. Quite a challenging thing! I'm happy that 1.0.4 version works for you.

• Like 2

Since ive start to follow the tread, im now willing to buy a smartwatch to use it.  Im not a guy who wear watches, but while riding i found that useful.  also since im now over 50 .. hearth monitoring could be useful lol.

Do you have a suggestion for a smartwatch price wise around 100-200 $ US ? There is ton of interesting product, also Mi Bands -- man i hate when there is tons of product you have to dig out whats best for you...

Maybe we could help dev buying a smartwatch in a way you have a reward/commission.. i dont know how it could work, choose a product then when we buy from your link you have a % of the sale.

also thanks for the French translation- i guess Hansolo

Thanks @DjPanJan,  I read that topic when it came out last week and send seba $28 and checked Gear Fit2.  But I was not sure if the watch was already supported, or if it would be supported soon.   My current reading is that it is not available yet.    

I just started using the app yesterday (didn't know it was out there until an update showed up on my facebook feed). It is awesome! Going to be super help in promoting wheels and recording group activities.

It's fantastic as it is but if you're looking for ideas for enhancements, the ability to see a graph of temperature over the course of the ride would be extremely useful. For winter riding the biggest unknown is how the wheel is responding to ambient temperature. The XL for example starts cooling down at about -6c, where the ACM2 seems able to maintain its temperature down to about -18c. 

Regardless, this will be the primary app for all our wheel activities from now on.:thumbup:

• Like 2