1 hour ago, Seba said:

Tomorrow :D

I'll get it the day after tomorrow. :efee612b4b:

56 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think this seals the deal for me getting the watch too :)

I'm faster :efeebb3acc:

Now the waiting begins. :eff006f726: :efefc8626c:

• Like 1

Fair enough, didnt know you had lost 'the old faithful'! That changes things somewhat.

The Samsung does have a lovely display and the app looks fantastic on it, I look foward to your review :)

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Seba said:

Just set visibility to "People having link".

I understand that before the trip I put in the settings: Visible to me. When I come home I change the settings to Visible to anyone. 
Someday I will forget to change the settings and the police will catch me at the request of local people. Half a year ago, in Leeds, the police had already confiscated one euc after complaints from neighbors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

I understand that before the trip I put in the settings: Visible to me. When I come home I change the settings to Visible to anyone. 
Someday I will forget to change the settings and the police will catch me at the request of local people. Half a year ago, in Leeds, the police had already confiscated one euc after complaints from neighbors.

Seems so strange that there are many riders in England that have zero issues. Guess it really depends on what part of England you're in.

But regardless, the app can't possibly be made foolproof for every single user. At some level we all have to take responsibility for how we use our tools. Maybe create an Airline Checklist that you use before and after every ride :confused1:

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Seems so strange that there are many riders in England that have zero issues. Guess it really depends on what part of England you're in.

But regardless, the app can't possibly be made foolproof for every single user. At some level we all have to take responsibility for how we use our tools. Maybe create an Airline Checklist that you use before and after every ride :confused1:

Well I can only say that some UK people can drive a principal to the stars and back, right or wrong doesn't matter. 

It was one of those this you notice when coming from a different country/culture. It can be a strength but also the opposite. My 3 years of living there changed a lot. It would have been fun to ride a wheel there... Despite traffic wasn't ready to wheels/bicycles at least around Nottingham. 

So back to topic. I didn't know that you could track live routes as people were ridding. I only thought it sends data as you ride, and upon ending trip it would compile/populate the route and data. 

Just now, Victor Solovjov said:

I did not understand your joke about the airline. But I use only one of them.

I don't think it was a joke. 

He ment a tag list to make sure you don't forget anything important before you set off riding. 

I kind of have one myself, but that is more to put my gear on as it is hard to strap my helmet with winter/dark season gloves on. And that I can't take them off unless I remove my wrist guards. 

And even on a Note8 it is hard to navigate EUC.WORLD App as fingers get inaccurate and insensitive on the screen despite the gloves should be touchscreen friendly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

I did not understand your joke about the airline. But I use only one of them.

As @Unventor says, it wasn't a joke. Airline pilots (and lots of other industries too) use formal checklists to make sure that they haven't forgotten a critical step.

So you create an index card that you train yourself to always review before and after every ride. One of the steps would be to configure the app.

6 hours ago, Victor Solovjov said:

But you don't have to switch tour visibility in app. Instead, keep app always set that any tour is created as a visible to link owners only and switch tour visibility in your web browser, after logging to euc.world account.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

@Seba Do you know why horn/lights are not working from the app ? In fact it looks like anything that make changes to the wheel (KS18L) is not working. Also I don't know if this is a restriction but to connect to my wheel I need to provide a password using KS app. Thanks.

For 99% password is blocking EUC World access to these functions.

38 minutes ago, Seba said:

For 99% password is blocking EUC World access to these functions.

Oh ok, if I understood it correctly, there is not protocol implementation for password management and so then only way to use all functions will be to disable password ?

3 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

Oh ok, if I understood it correctly, there is not protocol implementation for password management and so then only way to use all functions will be to disable password ?

Password protection in KS wheels isn't implemented yet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Seba said:
23 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Seba  I am really loving the latest version of EUC World and all the features you have packed into the app, although I am still to fully explore all that is on offer.  Now, I fully understand that it is already stated on the EUC World website: "Ninebot One S2, Z6, Z8 and Z10 - Support for other Ninebot devices is under development." but just wondered if you have an estimate of the timeline to add support for the Z10?  I take it that you will need to implement Z10 support before the alarms/voice messages will work correctly? (If I enable Alarms currently, I get: Please Slow Down at 25km/h regardless of any speed settings I have selected!!!)  In the meantime all other telemetry is displaying perfectly for me, so I am more than content for the time being!

Wheel alarms (that currently have to be set with Ninebot OEM app as EUC World doesn't support changing Z10 settings) are completely independent of EUC World alarms.

@Seba I maybe did not explain the problem I was having correctly yesterday as I was away from home, so did not have access to the Z10 and unable to have EUC World active with the wheel, at the time of writing.

I was trying to get the three separate EUC World speed alarms working with the voice messaging and not the Ninebot OEM app alarms, as I have all three of those switched off in the Ninebot app!  What was happening was that all three EUC World alarms were triggering once the given speed was reached, ie. at 25km/h, then at 35km/h and then at 43km/h regardless of battery%!!!  

I have got it all sorted now by also enabling the "Voltage-dependent speed alarm" checkbox, so that now each of the alarms triggers at the speed and battery% I had previously set for each priority in the 1.0.2 Beta version. (I believe the "Voltage-dependent speed alarm" option was a new addition to 1.0.4, which I had overlooked)

Edited by fbhb

15 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I have got it all sorted now by also enabling the "Voltage-dependent speed alarm" checkbox, so that now each of the alarms triggers at the speed and battery% I had previously set for each priority in the 1.0.2 Beta version. (I believe the "Voltage-dependent speed alarm" option was a new addition to 1.0.4, which I had overlooked)

Yes, it's new feature in 1.0.4; I received lot of requests from people having problems with correct setting of alarms and battery. So I added this option to simplify alarm settings in case one just need speed alarms regardless of battery level.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Seba said:

Yes, it's new feature in 1.0.4; I received lot of requests from people having problems with correct setting of alarms and battery. So I added this option to simplify alarm settings in case one just need speed alarms regardless of battery level.

I think now I understand the "Voltage-dependent speed alarm" option. :efee612b4b:

Maybe it's more clearer if the voltage sliders are grayed out if "Voltage-dependent speed alarm" option is checked?

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

I didn't know that you could track live routes as people were ridding. I only thought it sends data as you ride, and upon ending trip it would compile/populate the route and data. 

You should check out euc.world from time to time. :)

Whenever you see a rider icon in red on the map (instead of brown), it means they're on tour, in real-time. ;)

The online stats can come in handy when taking a break during a ride, particularly in terms of battery level (you can see drain and regen over time, and compare with the terrain profile on the top graph to better predict remaining mileage). And the overall stats on the home page are worth checking out from time to time. Both the global ones (total kms ridden and kg of CO2 save by all users), and your own.

The most useful stat, for me, is the "Steel legs" one, where I can see how many kms I've ridden in the past week, month, 180 days, etc. I used to check the other columns too, as they gave me a general idea of my riding habits/style (average speed, average distance per tour), but now they're not an average, but more focused on a competitive, all-time record format, which isn't all that interesting to me (things change, and I respect Seba's decision, whether it's my cup of tea or not) :)

Having this stats makes it worth setting the app to auto-track all tours upon wheel connection (make sure to disable "auto-finalize upon wheel disconnection" though if you have a phone with temperamental bluetooth like mine...). Then you only set as public the longer tours that you want to share with the world (In that regard, @Seba, it would be great to be able to set visibility filters on the tours page: display only public tours, display only tours longer than X km, etc., as when you auto-track, it can become a pretty long list and be difficult to locate a specific tour :)).

• Like 2

In terms of privacy, @Victor Solovjov, there are two ways of controlling the privacy of your tours:

• From the app (Menu >> Tour tracking settings >> Tour visibility >> Choose an option). This defines the default visibility status for all tours that you track/record. I set it to "Only people having the link", since I have the app configured to auto-track my tours upon wheel connection. That way you can share them with friends, as well as see them yourself, but no one  else can see them. Later, if you want to make a specific tour public to share the EUC gospel, you can do so from euc.world:
  • From eucworld:
    • Computer: Your username (top right) >> tours >> click on the tour >> tours (menu on top) >> visibility
    • Phone: Menu (3 lines button) >> your username >> tours >> tap on the tour >> menu button >> tour >> visibility

That way you can et the wheel to auto-track your tours when you connect EUC World to your wheel, and benefit from all the useful stats on the site, but don't have to worry about privacy and getting caught "because of the app" (although quite unlikely) ;)

Another privacy-related option worth considering is: when you record a long tour than you plan on making public, start & end tour tracking far from your house: in another neighborhood, where the forest trail you intend on following starts, etc..

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

@Seba, here goes (yet another) feature request to add to your looooong, ever-growing TO-DO list :efee612b4b:

It would be cool to have extended per-user stats to be able to see mileage and riding habits over time: January, February, last week, last 30 days, total kms, avg speed, etc. This could be implemented either on the server side, as a per-user stats page, or as a new stats option within the app (and have all data backed up to euc.world for safe measure)

But it's just a thought for when EUC World becomes more popular than Facebook and you can ask your employees to implement new features while you sip a 40-year-old whiskey on your yacht :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I'm thinking of an active 2 at 44mm Black.. Opinion? 

Regardless of the optical aspect, the larger battery of the watch 46mm is also a major factor. I actually intend to have the display permanently switched on when riding the EUC in order not to always have to press to turn on the display. This probably consumes a lot of power.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

IMG_20191126_185031.jpg.5a456391b024d0253e58fb384127b2a3.jpg

Sorry for the delay :P :efefa6edcf: :D

So how do you fit this with wristguards?