2 hours ago, Seba said:

I will focus on providing Samsung support,

I think I have made the decision for a Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm. At least I supported the Tizen project with a few zlotys today. :efee612b4b:

Do you already have a rough plan when EUC World could run on Tizen? 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here are a few features that would be super cool. I know it all takes time, but I'm just throwing the ideas out there because I imagine you maintain a list of ideas to pursue at some time, maybe.

• Most people have more than one wheel now. Allow wheels to be registered. If I turn on my KS18XL, the app will recognize it as my wheel and auto-connect. The next day I connect my MCM5 and it also recognizes that as a registered wheel of mine, and auto-connects. Super super helpful, particularly for a guy with 11-wheels :lol:  And BTW, when I say registered, I don't mean with your server, but with the internal app database.
  • Allow us to calibrate each registered wheel. Calibration would be easy. Two buttons. When the wheel is 100% charged, click the 100% button. When the wheel is at what we consider 0%, we click the 0% (or Empty) button.

Thanks for listening to me :)

Sorry Marty, we are only looking for features that are cool or neato. Not super cool.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I think I have made the decision for a Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm. At least I supported the Tizen project with a few zlotys today. :efee612b4b:

Do you already have a rough plan when EUC World could run on Tizen? 

I'm leaning towards getting a Samsung watch too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The latest version to lean towards... 

Bornholmerur.jpg

Only problem, you need big arms or a huge neck/chain to wear it as smartwatch. 😉

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

We don't run down battery to 0%. Better to have button 20%.

"We" was meant to indicate the individual user, and 0% was theoretical. If you want to limit yourself to 20%, than the app can do that for you. I have no problems running my wheels down to 5%

The point is, to have a button labeled 0% that you click at the battery level that you want to be considered as an Empty Battery. If you want that to be 20% great. And if I want 5%, great. We're all happy :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm a long time Samsung phone user and also considered staying with the brand for my next smartwatch, as an upgrade from the Pebble Steel.  However, as @Seba used the TicWatch Pro to develop all the latest upgrades to EUC World, I decided (also after doing some research) that, on his recommendation, it would be a great option due to the long battery life option etc.  So I've pulled the trigger and just have to wait for the usual and painfully slow  "Ali Express long delivery time"!!! :(

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seba said:

Guys,

I would like to discuss one thing with you. What do you think about heat map feature on the main page? Something like this, as an option for current world view on main EUC World page (so you could switch between "latest public tours per user" and "heat map"):

eucworld_heatmap.thumb.jpg.f083cbb5a926af31eaafeecd6a0b4a67.jpg

Personally I love the idea, but at the same time I need to be assured that this doesn't violate anyone privacy. What do you think? Below is proposal of most detailed zoom level:

eucworld_heatmap_maxzoom.thumb.jpg.8364678f8d0521e2e703017fb83c232b.jpg

Now I need your comments, because last thing I want is to get any complaints about abusing one's privacy. This is because heat map data would be generated from all tours. Using only fully public data would be pointless, as map would be almost empty.

Heatmap in proposed form would be generated from anonymized data, with significantly reduced spatial resolution and density. Just "someone was riding at some time and somewhere near this area".

PS. Most detailed images shown above represent almost my own rides near Gdańsk and northern of Poland :P

Personally, I love stuff like this. But I'm a guy that has enabled every Google tracking feature :)

Nobody is twisting anyone's arm into using the app. This is your passion and most people will probably not have a problem with it. For those that do, they don't have to use the app.

Surely there's a way to disable all collection of data and still use the app???

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Seba said:

Seems you influenced me in some mysterious way... This morning I've ordered Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm to be my development platform for EUC World Tizen companion app.

That sounds more than fantastic. :thumbup:

When do you get the watch?

If you are also using Komoot Navigation, Spotify and Di.FM, I have to bother you by pn, because to OT :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

Tour tracking is just one of features. You don't even need to have an account at euc.world to use rest of EUC World app features.

Same with me, but privacy is one of most serious things from my perspective when it comes to deal with someone's data. I had this in mind when created euc.world. No ads, no Google Analytics (or any other analytics), to create account only email is needed etc. Entire service is rated at "A+" level by SSLLabs to guarantee that most secure data transmission protocols  are used etc. I have also full physical control over my server.

But all of this is nothing compared to that some routes need to be kept secret from one's wife and I don't want to be the guilty party of someone's divorce :efefa6edcf::whistling::D

:thumbup:

13 minutes ago, buell47 said:

When do you get the watch?

Tomorrow :D

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think this seals the deal for me getting the watch too :)

What happened to the Pebble? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

What happened to the Pebble? 

I was wondering that too! Despite the Pebble being ancient tech, it still has a brilliant display, even in sunlight, and lasts for hours and hours. I would struggle to justify ditching it unless I wanted 1 watch for everything (which I dont) plus I dont mind if it gets smashed up (its velcroed to my flexmeter) given their cost.

• Like 2