7 minutes ago, Seba said:

It will be changed so it will be able to work offline, but Samsung watch support is higher on my "to do" list :)

I am ready to beta test when you like me to. To confirm it works well with Samsung Galaxy watch active 2 LTE, but the LTE I can't test as my operator do not support eSIM yet. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fryman said:

It’s seems to require a lot of data between us and the server also.

I will do another test but if data is high I will not be able to use the app.

You don't have to use tour tracking feature. You even don't have to sign up with euc.world to use EUC World application. It's entirely optional and doesn't have any impact on other features of application. Tour tracking with wheel telemetry is just one of features B)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am ready to beta test when you like me to. To confirm it works well with Samsung Galaxy watch active 2 LTE, but the LTE I can't test as my operator do not support eSIM yet. 

LTE isn't needed with watch app. Only Bluetooth LE connectivity to the phone app, just like with Pebble, Wear OS etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seba said:

You don't have to use tour tracking feature. You even don't have to sign up with euc.world to use EUC World application. It's entirely optional and doesn't have any impact on other features of application. Tour tracking with wheel telemetry is just one of features B)

You have done a great job on this app Seba. I really enjoy the tracking part of it but, I did not realize the data usage required for it to work properly. I can wait for the offline option. 

• Like 1

And dont forget you can charge your phone from your wheel -- while riding or not !!   so extra wh free from your EUC ... just get a USB extension if your short on your phone wire!!

Why not add a usb coffee maker while you ride !! :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fryman said:

It’s seems to require a lot of data between us and the server also.

I will do another test but if data is high I will not be able to use the app.

You can always use EUC World for wheel data, voice message, alarms, etc. (without logging in = zero data usage) and Geo Tracker to track your tours.  :)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lavabo said:

And dont forget you can charge your phone from your wheel -- while riding or not !!

Yes, and if you ride the 16X, you have fast charge on one of the both USB ports. :thumbup:

If my battery rarely doesn't last because I use WheelLog, Spotify streaming and Komoot Navigation continuously for hours, it's enough if I use the fast charge port for 30 minutes while riding to have enough battery again. :efefe00999:

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 3:03 AM, Marty Backe said:

I have a data usage question. I preface the following with the fact that my data plan isn't the best. It appears that the app is using ~1mb per mile which I presume is to record the tour.

How very, very strange...I pay 20€/month (in Spain) for 22 Gb + unlimited calls and texts. I figured the US would have plans affordable enough for someone who owns 11 wheels :efee612b4b:

I should probably clarify that I'm not questioning your choice of data plan / data usage priorities in any way. It's probably just a generational thing...the younger (slash non-retired ;)) riders in the forum are just one step away from having our physical bodies uploaded to the cloud, so the the very notion of such data limitations is almost sacrilegious to us. :efee612b4b:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Yes, and if you ride the 16X, you have fast charge on one of the both USB ports. 

Wow, I didn't know one of them was fast charge. Do you happen to know whether it's QC quick charge, or a standard 5V, 2A port?

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

If my battery rarely doesn't last because I use WheelLog, Spotify streaming and Komoot Navigation continuously for hours, it's enough if I use the fast charge port for 30 minutes while riding to have enough battery again. 

You charge your phone while riding? Sounds like risky business...

Edited by travsformation

20 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Wow, I didn't know one of them was fast charge. Do you happen to know whether it's QC quick charge, or a standard 5V, 2A port?

IIt's real QC 3.0. My Samsung Note 10+ switches to QC mode and my Powerbank is also charged with 12V.

It's the left USB port in driving direction.

20 minutes ago, travsformation said:

You charge your phone while riding? Sounds like risky business..

Yes, but only when I'm not riding through really tricky offroad trails. :)

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

How very, very strange...I pay 20€/month (in Spain) for 22 Gb + unlimited calls and texts. I figured the US would have plans affordable enough for someone who owns 11 wheels :efee612b4b:

I should probably clarify that I'm not questioning your choice of data plan / data usage priorities in any way. It's probably just a generational thing...the younger (slash non-retired ;)) riders in the forum are just one step away from having our physical bodies uploaded to the cloud, so the the very notion of such data limitations is almost sacrilegious to us. :efee612b4b:

I have an inexpensive data plan in the US, compared to the average. I pay ~$22 for 1GB + unlimited calls and text. Data costs a lot more in the US.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

You can always use EUC World for wheel data, voice message, alarms, etc. (without logging in = zero data usage) and Geo Tracker to track your tours.  :)

Yes, I know that. But I do like a lot of the tracking features in EUC World. Once the offline tracking works than I'll use it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, I know that. But I do like a lot of the tracking features in EUC World. Once the offline tracking works than I'll use it.

Well you got the hot weather and sunshine.

In Sweden we get unlimited mobile data, calls, sms/mms for about 55$ 😁 and cold freezing weather🥶🌨

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have an inexpensive data plan in the US, compared to the average. I pay ~$22 for 1GB + unlimited calls and text. Data costs a lot more in the US.

That's crazy! I can get 5Gb for 12€/month here...For some reason I figured data plans would be much cheaper there! Now I get why texting is still a thing in the New World. I can't even remember the last time I sent a text message as opposed to a Whatsapp or Telegram...

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, what's not to love? :)

Adding to the global EUC stats (mileage, emissions saved, etc.) is a major benefit, along with seeing your own stats (mileage in last week, month, etc.), and getting the social aspect in the forum of sharing your last public tour in your signature and seeing other users' tours, pics, etc. :)

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

In Sweden we get unlimited mobile data, calls, sms/mms for about 55$ 😁 and cold freezing weather🥶🌨

Excellent point :efee612b4b:

And here in Spain we have sunshine, cheap data plans and...very unfavourable PEV laws...  :cry2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buell47 said:

IIt's real QC 3.0. My Samsung Note 10+ switches to QC mode and my Powerbank is also charged with 12V.

It's the left USB port in driving direction.

Wow, that's great news! Maybe I won't omit the USB output cutout in my roll.nz EUC bodyguard then...

BTW, does the 16X actually have enough juice to charge that massive phone of yours? :P

3 hours ago, buell47 said:

Yes, but only when I'm not riding through really tricky offroad trails. 

I still can't see myself doing that, I'm too clumsy, I'm sure I'd find a way to get the cable caught on something and the phone ripped out of my pocket and hurled through the air while the cable got tangled up around the axle :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

I used to use WheelLog, but on the second day I turned off the logs, because I did not understand and now I do not understand how to interpret these logs. In your logs in a live map, speed indications are interesting to me, but the rest of the logs could not be recorded. Perhaps the user’s choice of logs could reduce internet traffic.

Edited by Victor Solovjov

10 minutes ago, Victor Solovjov said:

I used to use WheelLog, but on the second day I turned off the logs, because I did not understand and now I do not understand how to interpret these logs. In your logs in a live map, speed indications are interesting to me, but the rest of the logs could not be recorded. Perhaps the user’s choice of logs could reduce internet traffic.

If you could make your last tour public and share the link, I could take a look at it. But something tells me that if only speed was recorded, that was GPS speed, so the wheel wasn't connected. Are you using the Play Store version of EUC World?

• Like 1

I am trying out the horn, and on my Inmotion V10 this only works if I choose in Horn Mode to do it via Bluetooth Audio. If I choose on-board in Horn Mode, nothing happens when I press the horn. The problem is I like to listen to music via bluetooth headphone when I am traveling on my V10, if I have to connect the horn via Bluetooth Audio, then I loose this ability unless I do not mind my music coming through the V10's speakers ....

I know my V10 has on-board horn, as I can activate that using Inmotion's own app. Is it because EUC World has not included the code for Inmotion's horn that nothing happens if I choose on-board in Horn Mode? Is there any way to include the code for Inmotion?

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

In Greece a normal plan with 3gb and unlimited calls costs about 50€ but if you search and find a student card (a bit rare), that works with credit on e.g. vodafone, you can have about 3gb data, 1200 in calls 1200 in sms with only 8,5€/month and each month if you recharge before it empties out they let you keep all your data and voice, and i've gathered up like, well see the image :P 

image.thumb.png.f01fee0252ca243f84b8d0f19095dff5.png

Flexing my data plan!! aahhahahahahahaah :D:P:D:P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

In France, unlimited mobile data, calls, sms/mms for 18$ (coupled with fixed Internet subscription) or 22$ :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

BTW, does the 16X actually have enough juice to charge that massive phone of yours? :P

It's risky, but I only charge when I have at least 80% capacity left.

But what annoys me most is the enormous voltage drop due to Quick charge and the top speed drop of at least 10 kmh. :laughbounce2:

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

I still can't see myself doing that, I'm too clumsy, I'm sure I'd find a way to get the cable caught on something and the phone ripped out of my pocket and hurled through the air while the cable got tangled up around the axle

:efee612b4b:

• Like 1

Wow, the costs for cell coverage is all over the map. I wonder if the countries with huge data plans have state run cell companies with government subsidies :confused1:

• Like 1