Personally I really like the inbuilt graph feature. No its not perfect but it actually works better (easier to scroll/zoom etc) than the wheelog online graph viewer when used on mobile. I never use a PC or laptop so I use my phone for everything. I usually have a quick scan of the inbuilt viewer at the end of a ride just to check max current/speed in case it shows any surprises.

• Like 3

I'm also in the "remove the graph" functionality camp, but only if we can buffer our rides automatically before uploading. The device I use has no sim card, so it would be great to automatically log rides and have them upload as soon as the device is on wifi.

Right now the uploads are real time if I am not mistaken? Might be a good idea to buffer it when there is no connection.

Also, but this is a different thing: would it be possible to support the Onewheel+ XR? It works with the same principles (BLE) as our wheels, the information can be found in open source (android) repositories and it would be great since currently no decent tool exists that can read out battery/speed and easily show on your wrist using a Pebble. Just basic support for speed and battery would already be amazing. No need to support setting stuff on the device. We can use the official app for that.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, Planemo said:

Personally I really like the inbuilt graph feature. No its not perfect but it actually works better (easier to scroll/zoom etc) than the wheelog online graph viewer when used on mobile.

Maybe this could be improved then :) 

@Seba is your fork on Github somewhere? What dev tools do you use? If I can get it building here quickly I might be tempted to try adding the Onewheel support myself. I'm no Android dev (do iOS) but adding this into an existing code base shouldn't be too hard IMO.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

@Seba is your fork on Github somewhere? What dev tools do you use? If I can get it building here quickly I might be tempted to try adding the Onewheel support myself. I'm no Android dev (do iOS) but adding this into an existing code base shouldn't be too hard IMO.

It's here - https://github.com/slastowski/WheelLogAndroid

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, Seba said:

Personally I would like to remove the graph feature from WL. It's hard to use and on longer rides slows down the whole app, making it sluggish and unstable. It's also more likely to be killed by the Android system on devices with limited resources (RAM and CPU power).

Seba, we're talking about the in-app graph, not the one under each tour on euc.world, right?

On 9/15/2019 at 10:16 PM, travsformation said:

Seba, we're talking about the in-app graph, not the one under each tour on euc.world, right?

Of course, I mean only graph that is available in app on third page. But for now I will leave it untouched. Too many more important things to do with WL & euc.world development :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seba said:

Of course, I mean only graph that is available in app on third page. But for now I will leave it untouched. Too many more important things to do with WL & euc.world development :)

Cool !!! 

Just FTR, I actually never use the in-app graph...Since there's no distinction between power output and regen, and no data on battery level, I find it incomplete and not particularly useful. So if further down the road your revisit the idea of getting rid of it, here's another vote in that direction.

Looking forward to the next version, am excited about what new functions and changes we'll find! :)

Speaking of which, I was wondering about possible changes to 18XL battery measurement, based on the lower cell discharge voltage (3V), as discussed here:

Could this be implemented? I'd love to have a more accurate battery measurement from WheelLog. Then again, if there are more important changes higher up on your priority list / there's a reason you've left it that way, it isn't a big deal, I still use WheelLog everyday and am very happy with it :)

BTW, have you considered re-branding? It would make it much easier not to have to say "The Playstore version" vs "Seba/World of Electric Unicycles version". Any ideas for names?

How about a poll? Give me a couple of days to think of a better name than what I've been calling it until now (Sebalog) :roflmao:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

Could this be implemented? I'd love to have a more accurate battery measurement from WheelLog. Then again, if there are more important changes higher up on your priority list / there's a reason you've left it that way, it isn't a big deal, I still use WheelLog everyday and am very happy with it :)

It should not be a problem in next version. I just need to finish and test features for upcoming release.

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

BTW, have you considered re-branding? It would make it much easier not to have to say "The Playstore version" vs "Seba/World of Electric Unicycles version". Any ideas for names?

Yup :) I plan to rename my version of WheelLog so anyone could have both version installed. But I'm also dreaming about creating completely new app, from scratch, for both Android and iPhone... But for now it's just wishful thinking :) However who knows what happens in the future? ;)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I suggest a public poll then! Hopefully the app won't end up being named "Wheeley Mcwheel-face" :roflmao:

:D:D:D:D

6 hours ago, Fuzzypixel said:

The new back gestures in Android 10 interfere with the (super undiscoverable) way the preferences panel is pulled out. :(

Good to know. I think it will be best to remove clock from WheelLog (as it duplicates clock that is always visible in top notification bar) and add "Settings" button.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, Seba said:

Dear euc.world users,

I've just made small and simple tag photo that you can use in forum signature or elsewhere. It just shows your last public tour or - if your're on tour now - shows that you're live and shows your distance. This is how to use it with this forum as a signature add-on:

1. Enter you Account Settings and open Signature settings.
  2. Use Insert other media button, then click Insert Image From URL.
  3. Type https://euc.world/membersig/<your euc.world username> and click Insert into post.
  4. Click on the inserted image and click link button to add a link.
  5. Type https://euc.world/latest/<your euc.world username> then click Insert into post.
  6. When finished, click Save. You're done!

Again - it will only show your last public tour. If you don't have any tour that was set to be visible to anyone, it will not work (it will return "404 Not Found" error instead).

: ( im getting some error when try to Insert into post.

any tips?

and yeah i try with capital /small letters

@Coco66, @Seba

Screenshot from 2019-09-18 10-55-08.png

Edited by ArqFG

10 minutes ago, ArqFG said:

: ( im getting some error when try to Insert into post.

any tips?

1. Enter https://euc.world/membersig/ArqF-G as an image URL in "Insert image from URL" dialog window.

2. This will create image like this:

ArqF-G

3. Select image and enter https://euc.world/latest/ArqF-G as an URL.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seba said:

1. Enter https://euc.world/membersig/ArqF-G as an image URL in "Insert image from URL" dialog window.

2. This will create image like this:

ArqF-G

3. Select image and enter https://euc.world/latest/ArqF-G as an URL.

ty, but for some reason when i enter a url in: Insert image from URL when i click  insert into post i get a red square arrow the url or is it normal?

aa.png

Ok, try another method:

1. Enter account settings and start editing your signature.
  2. Type by hand image URL as above (the one with 'membersig') and press Enter.
  3. Now image should appear. Click on it and select "Link" button from toolbar to add URL to your latest public tour.
  4. Save your signature.

Anyway, this method has been tested on Chrome, Windows. It may not work on other browser or mobile device.

21 minutes ago, Seba said:

Anyway, this method has been tested on Chrome, Windows. It may not work on other browser or mobile device.

ty, i got it working know, i was trying to do it  on my lapto, running Ubuntu and Vivaldi as internet browser,   so i did it on my tablet chapter by chapter lol ...

anyway ty :clap3:

• Like 2

Hey everyone still new to euc. I have been doing a lot of reading here and have 100 miles of riding now with wheellog. I wonder if it is possible to add a gyroscope to the UI to watch the leaning angle to show how close to overlean or side lean cut off the wheel goes.

42 minutes ago, Sertified said:

Hey everyone still new to euc. I have been doing a lot of reading here and have 100 miles of riding now with wheellog. I wonder if it is possible to add a gyroscope to the UI to watch the leaning angle to show how close to overlean or side lean cut off the wheel goes.

There are just some brands reporting lean angle - the KS wheels do not report it.

The lean angle has no direct correlation with an overlean, just sideway lean cut off has a fixed angle.

Edit: Ups - mixed it up, somehow i thought of the pressure applied to the pedal by leaning...

The pedal tilt angle anyhow want help too much - if the pedal is once tilting forward one feels this immedeately and wont need an alarm anymore. Mostly at such a point it's too late, too...

Edited by Chriull

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

There are just some brands reporting lean angle - the KS wheels do not report it.

The lean angle has no direct correlation with an overlean, just sideway lean cut off has a fixed angle.

Edit: Ups - mixed it up, somehow i thought of the pressure applied to the pedal by leaning...

The pedal tilt angle anyhow want help too much - if the pedal is once tilting forward one feels this immedeately and wont need an alarm anymore. Mostly at such a point it's too late, too...

That makes sense

40 minutes ago, Sertified said:

That makes sense

If you want to know about overlean "prediction"/alarm you can take a look at 

Unfortionately the sampling rates of the reported values are too low (about max 5 samples per second), so this would have to be implemented in firmware (about >100 samples per second?) by the manufacturers.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@Seba A couple of questions about the "Top Riders" section of euc.world:

Screenshot-at-2019-10-10-21-12-27.png

When you're not among the top 3, does the site only display your position in the "Steel Legs" section, or am I just too far down on the list in the other sections to appear?  Apparently, I was just too far down the list :efee612b4b:

Also, I recall that you once said that total distance was for all kms done on WheelLog, not just on tours, but euc.world doesn't appear to reflect that. My distance only appears to be updated when I record a tour. Is it for tours only now?

Thanks!

Edited by travsformation