@Seba, I just had an idea tonight (product of insomnia). It would be cool to be able to add one's stats from the "top riders" categories to our euc.world signature. :D

Something like this:

euc-world-signature.png

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

@Seba, I just had an idea tonight (product of insomnia). It would be cool to be able to add one's stats from the "top riders" categories to our euc.world signature. :D

Something like this:

euc-world-signature.png

Great idea!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:19 PM, travsformation said:

Also, I recall that you once said that total distance was for all kms done on WheelLog, not just on tours, but euc.world doesn't appear to reflect that. My distance only appears to be updated when I record a tour. Is it for tours only now?

Maybe I was wrong - sorry. Of course only tours counts in stats, regardless of their privacy settings.

• Like 1

Hallo

I must again report problems with messege "bluetooth connected".

I've got Samsung A70 on Pie9, Inmotion V10f, and there is no ride when I do not get "Connection lost" - half a second - "connected", multiple time.

Checking BT & GPS does nothing. It can be unchecked and still get those notifications - to a level that I disable all audio from app.

Have no idea how to fix this.

Edited by Dawid
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dawid said:

Hallo

I must again report problems with messege "bluetooth connected".

I've got Samsung A70 on Pie9, Inmotion V10f, and there is no ride when I do not get "Connection lost" - half a second - "connected", multiple time.

Checking BT & GPS does nothing. It can be unchecked and still get those notifications - to a level that I disable all audio from app.

Have no idea how to fix this.

What wheel are you using? 

Try the following,  it may help:

• Settings > Apps > WheelLog > Battery > Optimize battery usage > Find WheelLog, make sure it's disabled 
  • Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Unmonitored app (very bottom) > Three dots on top right > add apps > WheelLog
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Seba said:

But I'm also dreaming about creating completely new app, from scratch, for both Android and iPhone... But for now it's just wishful thinking :)

A full rewrite of the Android version shouldn't be that much work imo, and it will for sure make some things A LOT simpler :lol: 

• Like 1

Important information to all euc.world WheelLog users:

• Like 3

Just an idea: our wheels make a lot of sounds (looking at you kingsong) 

It is difficult to describe, as « high pitch » is different fro everyone. So one can use a spectrum analyzer app to check that we’re around the 6khz like most wheels.

The sound can change depending of speed though, as there are various reasons like tie wraps that can scrape in the motor, coils can move depending of magnetism or inertia.

So it could have been cool to have a (sound) spectrum analyzer linked to the wheel speed and current: that could give a better image of what’s happening inside the motor at different points.

We could know for a given wheel if a sound appears at each rotation or at each structural rib of the motor shell.

For example, my 18XL have a vibration that appears when the motor pulls (accelerate or brake) but goes away when going over 40km/h. I suspect something gets pulled out of place by the magnets, then gets stabilized or pulled elsewhere by the inertia of high RPM.

Anyhow, just putting this here :)

Edited by Mimolette

19 hours ago, travsformation said:

Settings > Apps > WheelLog > Battery > Optimize battery usage > Find WheelLog, make sure it's disabled 

That was it! I could swear I did that already, but well... it works. Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawid said:

That was it! I could swear I did that already, but well... it works. Thank you

No worries. I've been complaining to @Seba for a few months about my 18XL disconnecting, and it turned out to be the same exact thing. I just forgot to go over the settings and disable it after I factory reset my phone and reinstalled WheelLog... :facepalm::efee612b4b:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 12:09 AM, travsformation said:

Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Unmonitored app (very bottom) > Three dots on top right > add apps > WheelLog

And I'm back. Unfortunately I was ahead with joy. Problem persists.

I don't have exact thing you describe, but similar. Wheel log is in all options I could find not optimised, not added to not able to sleep, turn off ect apps in my phone.

Still I get constant disconnected-connected issue. It appears even if I have phone on, in my hand with app on front...

So I don't think it's optimization issue.

Lost hope on this one.

40 minutes ago, Dawid said:

And I'm back. Unfortunately I was ahead with joy. Problem persists.

I don't have exact thing you describe, but similar. Wheel log is in all options I could find not optimised, not added to not able to sleep, turn off ect apps in my phone.

Still I get constant disconnected-connected issue. It appears even if I have phone on, in my hand with app on front...

So I don't think it's optimization issue.

Lost hope on this one.

Euc.world WheelLog app has been meantime superseeded by EUC World app. However you don't have to uninstall WheeLog app as for now. Just visit https://euc.world/getapplication and follow link to Google Play store. Please install EUC World, disable optimizations as per @travsformation suggestion and make sure you don't have any other app running in background. If you have other app for your wheel installed on your phone, it may be running in background conflicting with Bluetooth connecting process.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seba said:

Euc.world WheelLog app has been meantime superseeded by EUC World app. However you don't have to uninstall WheeLog app as for now. Just visit https://euc.world/getapplication and follow link to Google Play store. Please install EUC World, disable optimizations as per @travsformation suggestion and make sure you don't have any other app running in background. If you have other app for your wheel installed on your phone, it may be running in background conflicting with Bluetooth connecting process.

Thanks!  Uninstalled wheellog & added this in.  Not sure if I'm going to get to try it anytime soon as it's snowing the next 2 days here :(

6 hours ago, Tony ML said:

Hi 

Is possible change the background for other color ?

Your job is amazing congrats

Currently no, but in next version background will be black. This will give much better contrast and some battery savings.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Seba said:

. If you have other app for your wheel installed on your phone, it may be running in background conflicting with Bluetooth connecting process.

So we can't for now listen to bluetooth music while the apps is running? I will try it out!!

Could be interesting to have a quick Horn button - Horn through bluetooth speakers (home button?) - i could then have an old style car horn on my wheel

I dunno how folks use music on their wheel, but i have to switch from my music apps to wheellog and cycle  between the apps... sometime its a pain while you ride!

45 minutes ago, Lavabo said:

So we can't for now listen to bluetooth music while the apps is running? I will try it out!

No, just to prevent for data connection conflicts if you have problems to connect.
I use Kingsong and WheelLog alternately and have no connections problems.

You can use Bluetooth music of course.

48 minutes ago, Lavabo said:

I dunno how folks use music on their wheel, but i have to switch from my music apps to wheellog and cycle  between the apps... sometime its a pain while you ride!

That's how I do it. Constant change between WheelLog, King Song, Komoot navigation and music app.

13 hours ago, Seba said:

Actualmente no, pero en la próxima versión el fondo será negro. Esto proporcionará un contraste mucho mejor y algunos ahorros de batería.

You do a very good job. I am so extremely grateful. Bless

10 hours ago, Lavabo said:

So we can't for now listen to bluetooth music while the apps is running? I will try it out!!

Bluetooth music and WheelLog or EUC World shouldn't conflict. They use different forms of Bluetooth: music streaming is done through A2DB, while the app relies on Bluetooth LE (Low Energy). I stream music to my in-helmet headset while using EUC World (and previously, WheelLog) all the time, with no issues :)

10 hours ago, Lavabo said:

Hmmm...not sure why you'd need to do that. You can have WheelLog connected to the wheel, giving you stats, while at the same time streaming music to your Bluetooth headphones AND receiving WheelLog voice messages through them at the same time. You can even have Gmaps on, giving you turn-by-turn instructions at the same time.

WheelLog & EUC world can both either pause your music when voice messages are triggered, or lower its volume. I don't see why you should have any issues unless you're using a music player that can only run in the foreground.

I use PowerAmp and have never had any issues. What music player are you using? Are you using the most recent version of EUC World, from the Play Store? What phone are you using, and what Bluetooth device are you streaming to? :)

9 hours ago, buell47 said:

That's how I do it. Constant change between WheelLog, King Song, Komoot navigation and music app.

There's no reason WheelLog/EUC World + Music +/or Komoot should cause connection problems.

Using WheelLog/EUC World and the KS app at the same time, on the other hand, pretty much guarantees wheel connectivity issues...I even go so far as to force stop the KS app after using it (only to calibrate and other things I can't do via EUC world), and before opening EUC world...

19 hours ago, travsformation said:

I use PowerAmp and have never had any issues. What music player are you using? Are you using the most recent version of EUC World, from the Play Store? What phone are you using, and what Bluetooth device are you streaming to? :)

Hey thanks for the answer!!  no connection issue there, just the fact you have to manage your apps while riding...  EUCWorld for speedo then swap to get another song then switch back to Speedo, the bluetooth's devices aren't the problem, only the way you manage the apps...  if i could have the speed in a small windows over my music player  i wouldnt have to switch between apps..

Are your bluetooth headphones whitin an helmet?

The voice itself coming from the wheel is great -  kind of riding a futuristic device when it talks
If we could add some message like when Blade Runner movie  spinner land  " move on - move on":

Move On Blade-runnner

Edited by Lavabo
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 12:51 AM, travsformation said:

There's no reason WheelLog/EUC World + Music +/or Komoot should cause connection problems.

Using WheelLog/EUC World and the KS app at the same time, on the other hand, pretty much guarantees wheel connectivity issues...I even go so far as to force stop the KS app after using it (only to calibrate and other things I can't do via EUC world), and before opening EUC world...

Weird, I use both apps all the time, never had any connectivity issues. 

14 hours ago, Lavabo said:

if i could have the speed in a small windows over my music player  i wouldnt have to switch between apps..

You can. ;)

EUC World supports Picture-in-picture mode. Just make sure you have the most recent version from the Play Store (link here), and activate it via Menu > General settings > Enable PIP

Are your bluetooth headphones whitin an helmet?

Yeah (full-face helmet), since wearing headphones/earbuds while riding is illegal here in Spain. Another pro is that it has dedicated buttons for next track, pause, etc. (which most Bluetooth headphones an earbuds have too, saving you the hassle of having to fish in your pocket for your phone)

The voice itself coming from the wheel is great -  kind of riding a futuristic device when it talks
If we could add some message like when Blade Runner movie  spinner land  " move on - move on":

But we can. Here's a 1h-long "move on" loop ;)

Blade Runner - Move on.mp3

The folks in your neighbourhood are going to love you... :ph34r::roflmao:

• Like 2