KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

12 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

So... anyways, i feel much better about this firmware update and have regained a fair bit of confidence in the wheel. Time to go ride and do some crazy stuff for the 16X review video coming up.

Well I like to thank you for the effort and the risk you have take testing this wheel. And other wheels too of course. 

Limit tester EUC: @Kuji Rolls

Limit tester MC: Guy Martin

Yep I think you two are same category, different wheel(s). 

Looking forward to you review. Both pro and cons. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, US69 said:

Aaah: And the 16X just arrived...and WOW, this really Looks great!

So you have your own or just access to one? 

2 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Do you even know what the firmware change did? It would’ve involved throttling the power delivery. That was the only way to fix this issue, since before it was overcompensating. Or perhaps there was a phase shift adjustment.

Make sense?

Not True, classic tuning PID is to put P at value that it makes oscillations (like inn video) and than use that value as basis for P, I, D parameters

http://mstarlabs.net/control/znrule.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That’s not at all what @US69 said or implied. He said that such extreme acceleration is not recommended to be done on any wheel. And he is absolutely correct, I have never seen anyone lean on any EUC like Kuji did to reveal the issue. I also agree that despite that, the issue must be fixed.

What is often lost when sharing and discussing issues at a discussion forum, is the actual extent of the issue. While the customers are just starting to get the 16X, so far it seems there is only one person in the world who can reveal the issue as a severe one. Comparing to the Nikola, where the number of confirmed cases on the forum alone got close to ten pretty fast, several of which were already toasted.

I suspect we won’t see a widespread issue with the 16X before it’s fixed by a firmware update. That doesn’t mean a good old mass hysteria doesn’t have enough time to spread though.

And as I said I agree with those recommendations. However,  I don't see any reason for conflating over-leaning in general with this separate issue, which the previous post in my opinion to an extent did.

For what it's worth in my opinion this issue doesn't seem like it would affect many, and hopefully it will be fixed quickly, and the KS16X seems like it could be a great wheel. Who's hysteric exactly? I have to say that personally I don't feel hysteric, not more than normally at any rate. This is just another issue in the long line of other issues with our wheels, and in general I encourage everyone to keep it cool and keep to the facts at any given point, which goes in both directions. Before the full extent of an issue is know it doesn't serve anyone to either disparage it or blow it up depending on personal feelings.

Compared to the Nikola? That's neither here nor there in my book, as it has no bearing on this KS16X issue.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, US69 said:

@Mike Paolini

the question is if you allready have done 200km (130miles?)

only then you can adjust 31mph-50kmh

up to 200km you can only set 40kmh...

from 201km on you can set 50kmh

This is my first wheel and with some fiddling of the speed settings I have it set at 50kph before I stepped on it. 

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

What happened that guy?  ;) 

Heard something about a shoulder breaking or something, and all of a sudden it's like no, safety schmatefy, keeping body parts or whatever.. what a wuss.. Am I right or am I right!? :D

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

Get them pictures up:)

If you go way past all the Nikola posts here, someone collected some new pics of KS earlier today. 

23 hours ago, Patton250 said:

That’s a little dramatic isn’t it? 

I'm a little dramatic when a 30+ mph wheel has a bug in it that could throw me into traffic. I don't fanboy over wheel brands. I'm glad to see it has been resolved but the rollout of both the 16X and the Nikola has not been good. I will never, ever, purchase a wheel until it has been out a few months. It has been the proverbial sh!t show with these two wheels. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

I'm a little dramatic when a 30+ mph wheel has a bug in it that could throw me into traffic. I don't fanboy over wheel brands. I'm glad to see it has been resolved but the rollout of both the 16X and the Nikola has not been good. I will never, ever, purchase a wheel until it has been out a few months. It has been the proverbial sh!t show with these two wheels. 

:sleep1:

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, prasket said:

Damn that's quick! I ordered mine two weeks ago and I have to wait until 2nd Batch in September. :D

So, 1st batch was in July and 2nd batch is in September?

Two months seems quite long of a gap for a 2nd batch of what seems to be a popular model. But of course, the more economies of scale, the cheaper. 

31 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Dude... You don’t have anywhere near the understanding of programming a firmware for a self-balancing vehicle to whip out theories of what the issue was, or how it was fixed. I have done enough coding to be frustratingly familiar with the fact that a bug in code can be a - ny - thing at all, often being completely unrelated to the manifestation of the actual bug.

That's exactly my point :)

31 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

wonder if you’ll remember the situation after a month, or even a week of watching all the happy reviews about a wheel that everyone thinks is free of any (serious) issues. If you then suddenly remember that there was one person that was able to produce a severe bug, will you say to yourself: ”What a $h!t show those two days were!” ?

The drama is the best part though.

Edited by chrisjunlee