KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I must say that when I test KingSong wheels I actually have zero fear of burning one up. So one has to acknowledge that KingSong makes superior wheels in that regard. That said, I do carry fuses with me and understand that there's still a potential to be stranded in the mountains because of a blown fuse.

Eeeeh, not exactly. I burned up my KS18L board without even being on it. I was measuring some covering material  "on the wheel" with thoughts of making it more stealthy. There was material draped under the wheel and I accidentally press the "ON" button while trying to fit said material. The excess material got pulled up by the spinning wheel and and jammed it. This blew the control board in less than 3 seconds. The fuses DID NOT BLOW in time to save the board. I just wanted you to be comforted by this knowledge as you put the 16X through your boot camp miles from your car. Enjoy!:w00t2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

My 16x just arrived at my home.

Sadly I have a meeting with a Japanese supplier until 6 or 6:30pm.

Lucky you but also unlucky, but you'll be smiling at 6.30pm

7 hours ago, US69 said:

@Mike Paolini

how many miles you got Mike?

@US69  I think you must not have watched the video recording of the App in action - either video of either bug.  :)

The EUC is currently set to 31mph limit (I don't need more like some crazy bastards out 
there), but that doesn't stop the app from reporting limits at 18 mph, even though they aren't.

Likewise it did not stop it from preventing me from unlocking it in the first round from what I assume is a login bug.

I'm currently just under 40 miles, and I'm aware full speed unlocks at 120 mph - that isn't the issue. to be clear.  The issues is the bugs in the App for the Speed Limiter page.

Recorded here:  https://youtu.be/ySsiihID9dM 

And also here (likely the same bug, but way more visible):  https://youtu.be/HFFuGB0btXk

1 hour ago, Jerome said:

I burned up my KS18L board without even being on it.

That sucks, deeply. Perhaps the board is slightly more resilient on the 18XL: My friend got a thick stick jammed between the tire and the shell of an 18XL, and the fuses blew up very violently. He had to do quite bit of cleaning before installing the new fuses, but after doing so the wheel has been working normally.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok, just got my wheel, took it out for a bit. It felt so unsafe, I had to walk it back home half a mile in.

This wheel should have never left the factory. This is bad, really bad.

I'm just rolling around at 3mph, and the whole wheel is vibrating - tingle your feet vibrating. 

And as I've asked over and over again, noone has a clue on how to update the firmware that supposedly fixes this.

My stats: 140 lbs, 30 psi. It's not the tire tread that's causing the vibration.

It feels like a choppy servo motor jittering all over the place.

And unlike how you guys have handled Kuji's death wobble with "oh of course you'll get issues riding that extreme" dismissive denial of the facts. 

7 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Ok, just got my wheel, took it out for a bit. It felt so unsafe, I had to walk it back home half a mile in.

I'm just rolling around at 3mph, and the whole wheel is vibrating - tingle your feet vibrating. 

And as I've asked over and over again, noone has a clue on how to update the firmware that supposedly fixes this.

My stats: 140 lbs, 30 psi. It's not the tire tread that's causing the vibration.

And unlike how you guys have handled Kuji's death wobble with "oh of course you'll get issues riding that extreme" dismissive denial of the facts. 

The firmware updates for KingSong are super easy and intuitive, I thought :mellow:

Just go to the Update Firmware screen (I can't remember if that's what it's called exactly, but you get the point) and follow the prompts.

Don't know what to say about your 16X. Seems like an aberration. Maybe you just got unlucky and received a dud? It happens :(

24 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I just took mine out for a very brief spin. It felt really weird to me, but that's just the learning curve for a new wheel for a relatively inexperienced rider. I didn't get any strange vibrations. Even if I did get some lateral wobbles that were almost certainly my fault.

The only genuinely strange behavior I thought I got was when going really slow at an intersection, it felt like I got tilt back. Then a few mins later, it felt like I had tilt forward!

Maybe it was my imagination. I'll have to see when I ride more.

p.s. What was your tire pressure?

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I think you can solve this by doing a balance calibration. 

It sounds like the same behaviour as I felt on my KS18L after firmware update. Once the calibration was done, super fine ride control again. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I just took mine out for a very brief spin. It felt really weird to me, but that's just the learning curve for a new wheel for a relatively inexperienced rider. I didn't get any strange vibrations. Even if I did get some lateral wobbles that were almost certainly my fault.

The only genuinely strange behavior I thought I got was when going really slow at an intersection, it felt like I got tilt back. Then a few mins later, it felt like I had tilt forward!

p.s. What was your tire pressure?

You don't think it could be pedal mode (soft vs hard)? As @Unventor suggests, try calibrating the wheel - they don't always come calibrated from the factory.

• Upvote 1

I wanted this to be my imagination or a calibration issue: I calibrated as well as tried the normal pedal mode. Vibration is still there. It literally feels like a strong restaurant pager under both feet; it's a buzzing vibration that's independent or tire tread or surface. It tingles my feet and numbs them.

Tire pressure at 30psi. Weight: 140 lbs. Wearing soft running shoes.

The plus side is, I'm sure this is what the pre-production people were feeling, so I'm confident this will be fixed by firmware.

It's just, how do you ship something this bad out the factory floor? 

Another factor: low battery. Half the lights are on, and app reads 70V. 

A certain someone said they felt vibrations pushing it past 25mph. I believe this is the same root cause, when there's limited balancing power. 

How do I get the latest firmware? It's showing I have the latest already?

Screenshot_20190730-195620_Kingsong.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I wanted this to be my imagination or a calibration issue: I calibrated as well as tried the normal pedal mode. Vibration is still there. It literally feels like a strong restaurant pager under both feet; it's a buzzing vibration that's independent or tire tread or surface. It tingles my feet and numbs them.

Tire pressure at 30psi. Weight: 140 lbs. Wearing soft running shoes.

The plus side is, I'm sure this is what the pre-production people were feeling, so I'm confident this will be fixed by firmware.

It's just, how do you ship something this bad out the factory floor? 

Another factor: low battery. Half the lights are on, and app reads 70V. 

A certain someone said they felt vibrations pushing it past 25mph. I believe this is the same root cause, when there's limited balancing power. 

How do I get the latest firmware? It's showing I have the latest already?

I'm absolutely confident this is not what @houseofjob and company was experiencing.

You have a defective wheel. Your symptoms sound like a loose control board or a possible issue with the hall sensors.

Firmware is fixed (identical across wheels). Other people aren't experiencing what you are so yours is a hardware issue I'm afraid.

All speculation on my part since I'm obviously not there.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Well I did 22 miles this afternoon/evening on my 16x and very much enjoy it. This is my first EUC ever (never rode one until today) and find that cruising much faster than 25mph to be a bit nerve racking as I'm new to this and sometimes wobble the wheel a bit. At that point I just slow down as a reset before picking back up to my cruising pace of 20-25mph. I'm looking forward to continue riding the wheel a bunch to develop my skills. I have no real complaints in terms of the wheels performance and my newness really disqualifies me from having an informed opinion. The battery came charged at 68-69V as received and man that 1.5 amp charge is SLOW! I got the wheel up to 75V before I got off work and spent the evening learning and exploring the city. This will be no worry going forward as I'll just fully charge over night.

Wow 😲. I expect great things from you. Glad you're enjoying it.

Did you update the firmware?

17 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Wow 😲. I expect great things from you. Glad you're enjoying it.

Did you update the firmware?

It doesn't appear that the firmware update has been pushed to the public yet. At least when setting up my wheel this evening, it said the firmware was up to date.

Typically, firmware gets tested and then released. It's not instantaneous.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I think you can solve this by doing a balance calibration. 

It sounds like the same behaviour as I felt on my KS18L after firmware update. Once the calibration was done, super fine ride control again. 

You had tilting back and forward due to the gyro being out of calibration?

I would have expected just a continuous offset in one direction.

The gyro calibration procedure is static, so it can't calibrate the gyro gain. Only drift-based offsets.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You've never ridden an EUC and within a couple of hours you're cruising around the city at 25-mph???

A couple of hours after I started my first EUC, I could ride about 50 feet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

You had tilting back and forward due to the gyro being out of calibration?

I would have expected just a continuous offset in one direction.

The gyro calibration procedure is static, so it can't calibrate the gyro gain. Only drift-based offsets.

Can't hurt to try. Calibration can affect the non-obvious.

• Like 2