KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

7 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

You guys are jumping into BIG conclusions based on a short video of one go. This thread has become a mess. Calm down people. ;)

Fine, they didn’t fix it. We did it boys, we didn’t jump to conclusions!

20615869-B9BD-41E7-8607-74CC7DFC5E9E.jpeg

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Fine, they didn’t fix it. We did it boys, we didn’t jump to conclusions!

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your comment about throttling. It usually means something else. Anyway, looks like it has been fixed but we don't know what they did. We have only one video from Kuji and he must have done several attempts. Augus already commented that it's not fast enough acceleration, but we don't know about other runs by Kuji. 

After all the drama, maybe a stupid question: how does the trolley handle work? On all other wheels the trolley handle is not supposed to be used to lift the wheel, but in this case I see no other way. Presume it's the same on all KingSong wheels but I never asked myself the question until now :lol: 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Augus said:

In this last test, it clearly does not accelerate as strongly as in the first. Anyway, I wish the problem has been fixed.

What is a basis of this statement? 

For me both look similar. In previous one after braking side to side swaying put controller into oscillating loop. In v2 it doe snot happen...

8 minutes ago, US69 said:

Exactly on Point!

And NO...the 16X was NOT throttled!

It had a Firmware Change on the Motor Driver.....Kuji did About 15 attemps or even more to try to replicate the Event!

That this Video does not EXACTLY look like the old one is just the nature of Video recording…..

I really ask myself how someone can Judge a complete Wheel on a 11 second Video sequence! Funny.....

Do you even know what the firmware change did? It would’ve involved throttling the power delivery. That was the only way to fix this issue, since before it was overcompensating. Or perhaps there was a phase shift adjustment.

Make sense?

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

FYI, 

I think the word you're looking for is "brake". It's confusing as "break" means when something fails, snaps in two, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break

Corrected it to please you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

After all the drama, maybe a stupid question: how does the trolley handle work? On all other wheels the trolley handle is not supposed to be used to lift the wheel, but in this case I see no other way. Presume it's the same on all KingSong wheels but I never asked myself the question until now :lol: 

@ir_fuel  You can see the trolly in action, and me shaking the hell out of it here @5:40 or so:  

• Like 1

@Marty Backe  Very much looking forward to you riding the KS16X and comparing it to the Nikola, your EUC riding esthetic is the one most similar to my own.

Personally I really like the KS16X and am happy with it, but one always wonders... which I guess is why you own so many.   Also looking forward to your testing, as I have no intention of burning mine out for the good of the community.  :-D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

@Kuji Rolls I hope you don't mind, but I grabbed your video and comments about the Fix and put them up on my YouTube Channel - I felt this issue was wide enough circulation that the fact it is resolved also needed wide circulation and amplification - especially for those that don't live on the forums as we do.

Please let me know if you are OK with this - if not I'll take it down.

@US69  Similar comment, I grabbed a screen shot of your summary (which I thought was on point).

Anyway wanted to make sure y'all were okay with this, I get a lot of request from viewers to summarize what happens on these forums as they tend to be rabbit holes not every has time or ability to enjoy (71 pages on this beast of a thread).

Good post.

In general, it's best to ask permission prior to using other peoples content. I think I would have posted a link to his video in your description but not embed his video in yours. This way Kuji gets traffic to his channel. Otherwise why would anyway visit his channel. Of course "legally" you can use any publicly posted video content, but you understand my point :)

Just my opinion based on being a content creator.

But again, great post and very good news.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Good post.

In general, it's best to ask permission prior to using other peoples content. I think I would have posted a link to his video in your description but not embed his video in yours. This way Kuji gets traffic to his channel. Otherwise why would anyway visit his channel. Of course "legally" you can use any publicly posted video content, but you understand my point :)

Just my opinion based on being a content creator.

But again, great post and very good news.

Fair enough - but you realize Kuji isn't posting these videos to his channel, he's posting them to Google Drive and such.  If he had YouTube'd it, I certainly would have linked it.  That being said, you are right, and that's why I'm trying to reach him and ask his blessing. 

Edited by Mike Paolini
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Fair enough - but you realize Kuji isn't posting these videos to his channel, he's posting them to Google Drive and such.

No, I did not realize that. You should feel much better then :thumbup: and he probably won't care. Sorry for injecting 'noise' into the conversation :)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LucasD said:

I rewatched video and I see Kuji is using bend knees technique which is super good & fast for controlling wheel and safe. Also in this technique you may feel the deep in power of wheel and counter it. Observe the torso in Kuji video and you will see it is mostly straight. Hence if oscillations did not happen his move is perfectly safe.

Agreed. That's how I accelerate and in particular how I break. Lots of bending of the knees.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, US69 said:

I am Always happy to be quoted when someone tries to summarize the crazyness of social media!

Thanks for the video's :-)

PS.: Ii just watched your 2 part unboxing…. have to say You were a bit struggling with the lock (mentioned on the sticker above) and the Speed Settings.

I can only offer in case of Problems or Questions: Just PM me.....

@US69 Never saw it, but eventually figured it out in part 2.

It was a very frustrating day and first experience between the App Speed limiter Bug (which I have a second example of now - I made this video unlisted, but perhaps you can get it to the right people:  

Also thank you for the offer - y'all made a hell of a wheel this time around - and I say that knowing full well Marty is going to Red Card me on my Gotway Fanboy status.

Edited by Mike Paolini
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Yeah, no worries @US69, go ahead and keep that video. In regards to the video not being identical... yeah sure, but out of the ~15 runs i did, i assure you that i did at least a few runs that were just as hard as the one that caused the bobble failure. As for the throttling, i didnt feel it. Just got a little annoyed with the beeping (couldnt disable the beep at 30kph and double beep at 40kph). So... anyways, i feel much better about this firmware update and have regained a fair bit of confidence in the wheel. Time to go ride and do some crazy stuff for the 16X review video coming up. 

@Kuji RollsGlad to hear - I didn't want to step on any toes, but people are crazy rev'd up about this, and I figure anything that amplifies the correct information is a good thing.

Can't wait for your review even though I own one, your videos are very entertaining  and I'm a big fan!

• Like 1