KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

3 hours ago, EkW said:

FedEx seems to have changed the process for signature required for delivery packages. I used to just have them deliver to the nearby Walgreens. Less than two weeks ago I got a Sig. Req'd pkg but could not have it held at any FedEx location. No one could tell me why. 

Also, just to send any pkg to a FedEx location required signing up for their delivery manager service. One has to waited ntil a code arrives via mail before one can use the delivery manager. I had to stay home from work to await the pkg. The driver barely knocked on the door and by the time I realized that the sound wasn't caused by the cats the driver was gone. Fortunately I didn't have to work the next day. I wasn't very pleased by the whole process.  

I suggest signing up for FedEx's delivery manager before it is needed, becuase at that point it will be too late. 

UPS usually allows one to signa release to leave onthe porch or with a neighbor.

Hope that things work out well for you.

Gave you your first upvote! Welcome to the community!

2 hours ago, Azze80 said:

Question, are there good quality pictures of the 16x available?

no commercial one from KingSong but from you guys that have preordered them,

Thanks🙏🏻

I'd like to think so in my videos - if there is something special you want to see, I can photograph it.   The wheel is very pleasing to look at.

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

So is the external led indication the only method for monitoring state of charge for the 16X until they update the firmware? My wheel is slated to be delivered tomorrow afternoon so I'm trying to strategize the best way to actually use it until these bugs get straightened out. 

I show this in detail in my Day 2 mini review.

12 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Can I get an order in for the EUC Bodyguard for the KS16x?  Happy to work with prototypes if you like.  

Until we get a 16X into our workshop we won't be able to design one... But our order is on the way - just ride carefully until we release them (and the oscillation issue is resolved).

Would it help if we can provide some way to register interest, so that we can contact everyone when they are ready?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You need to get out more often ;)

lean

Nice picture. And yes I recall this promotion video from Inmotion too. 

But he didn't emergency break right away from this hard lean. 

On Kujis video it isn't until the brake starts that you start to see the issue. 

Now another thing is we don't know how many tries it took to do the promotion video, and how times it might have failed to keep up. 

So @Marty Backe how often do you ride any of your wheels like that, honestly....

Kuji also stated going uphill didn't provoke the issue to show. It is only on very hard acceleration followed by imitate hard breaking. 

It would be interesting to see how a Nikola holds up in same circumstances. You said it yourself that it had high amp spikes. 

Now another wheel that had a lot of hate/love about it the Z10. I don’t think that could do the Kuji acc/break test either. Nor do I think many would be able to perform such a move on it as breaking isn't really the Z10 to feature. 

But I think @mrelwood are 200% correct, mob goes into mass hysteria.

But like I said before if you recall @Marty Backe I am not on of the cool kids with a Nikola, but choose to get a KS16X instead. I cruise on my wheels I don't extreme tide them nor do I do tricks on them either. So on this matter I bring my coolness about this. I am very sure the KS16X will be just as good if not better than the Nikola. Give it a few months and this will be a huge storm in a glas of water that didn't matter anymore. 

Edited by Unventor
Corrected to please Erk1024
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Give it a few months and this will be a huge storm in a glas of water that didn't matter anymore. 

Let's hope you are right. However, i want to ride my wheel as hard as i want. And i will resell it if this bug (yes it is a bug) is not fixed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Let's hope you are right. However, i want to ride my wheel as hard as i want. And i will resell it if this bug (yes it is a bug) is not fixed.

please, how many have been able to make this happen again? i would love to see you pushing your other wheels this far, video please. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am not saying I have or I will. But having a dangerous limit close to normal usage is deeply disturbing.  And Kuji Roll is indeed pushing the wheel, but still having a reasonable usage of the wheel.

Furthermore limits are supposed to be alarms and  gentle tilt back. Not a deadly woble.

Why are you so fiercely defending Kingsong? As a consumer you dont think it is a dangerous bug which needs to be fixed?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You need to get out more often ;)

lean

I rewatched video and I see Kuji is using bend knees technique which is super good & fast for controlling wheel and safe. Also in this technique you may feel the deep in power of wheel and counter it. Observe the torso in Kuji video and you will see it is mostly straight. Hence if oscillations did not happen his move is perfectly safe.

• Like 1

Would i be more prone to this wobble as i am a bigger guy ( top heavy) and i need more forse to set off and I'd need more forse to brake harder?

Edited by stephen

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Take off your American glasses please.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-usa-aircraft-wto/wto-says-us-failed-to-halt-state-tax-subsidy-for-boeing-idUSKCN1R923B

https://www.ft.com/content/861449ae-918e-11e7-bdfa-eda243196c2c

Both sides are at least as guilty of doing this.

Also, if they make "the best planes in the world", why did they design this contraption called the 737 MAX because they had to find a budget-friendly response to the Airbus A320Neo? Check some videos about why the system that failed is needed on that Boeing and you'll see that what Airbus did was basically impossible for Boeing to reproduce because it would require redesigning an entire aircraft, so they sought to make shortcuts by solving hardware issues using software. The company producing "the best planes in the world" just got caught off-guard by its biggest competitor, and we all know what the end result was ...

My friend I’ve been fully briefed on this subject to the point of boredom.  I stand 100% by what I said. Let’s just drop it shall we?  If not bring it to PM. Now let’s get back to the KS16X and the massive crisis or no crisis we have with it. . :-)

Edited by Patton250
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Argh! FedEx tried to deliver my 16x a day early (even though an e-mail earlier in the day restated a Tues delivery). No one was home, so they'll try again tomorrow.

Don’t feel bad. I’ll be 1700 miles away when mine is delivered in a few days. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

if you ride a wheel in public traffic you will cause issues for others, with these extreme maneuvers. As Kingsong have stated they are working on a resolution then people should give time, very few actually can do this as they don't have wheel yet. 

Ok with that statement. However I am not always driving on public roads with heavy traffic.

It might be a dangerous bug....how many have been able to push their wheel this far yet: 1. 

Unfair statement. Talking about KS16X, very few people had the chance to try it. Furthermore the woble reputation does not encourage risky behaviour.

Unless you are able and willing to push your wheel this far, how likely are you to be effected by it ? honestly...(off with the internet drama)...honestly

If it is fixed i wont be affected. If not maybe. And that maybe changes my confidence in the wheel.

Riding an EUC does not take away riders responsibility to think of their behaviour, alarms or not, either for your self safety or others around you.

IMHO if you want to ride with your head of your shoulders you should not buy a 1st batch from any maker, This is just how the EUC business is. 

Maybe you are right. So does it mean we cannot complain or be worried when there is an issue? Does it mean we cannot have constructive criticism?

Love is blind, so let's say my EUC love is not as strong as yours...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

Love is blind, so let's say my EUC love is not as strong as yours...

I am not blind, nor do I say KS should not (try to) fix this. But is it still 1st batch and KS have stated they are aware. 

As for

4 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

Unfair statement. 

I don’t think so. As others at KS should have tested for this and lot of people have tested the wheel at demos too. 

Complain is one thing, but since it is already on KS agenda what do you think complaining would benafit the situation at hand. 

Yes I know @houseofjobhave raised issues that he doesn't think is addressed/resolved. I hope they will be in time.

And this is where the difference is, KS can resolve many thing by firmware, Gotway cannot. That is why I have faith (but I of course don't know for sure) that KS will get all this resolved. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Azze80 said:

Question, are there good quality pictures of the 16x available?

no commercial one from KingSong but from you guys that have preordered them,

Thanks🙏🏻

New pictures...but also from KS

from Vicky Huang / Facebook > Download

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2