KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

13 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

well i guess we know what happened to the tail light lol.. there is one after all

Screenshot (34).png

Yep. I think it might work well together with the reflex on the mudguard. 

I can only guess from pictures and video clip. But still. I know some were posting it should have been placed higher on the wheel... I think they might have been smarter though. 

In dense traffic the reflex would get lid up anyway, and the reflection looks to go upwards in an angle. Where the light should lidt up sides a bit but also the ground. Whice should make wheel easier to spot. 

The night shots from NY made last year of the Z10 showed an example of what I try to explain. I hope @houseofjob might catch this in his videos if I am right or wrong.

All respect of the NIkola looked like a classic KS in many ways with a hint of Inmotion. But I have never been a fan of glossy surfaces. 

Yes my car is kinda glossy, but yet it has metalic effect in the paint, so it almost hides minor scratches that is bound to come over time, if you use it. 

I were hoping I might have been able to paint outer cover in red metalic paint, but those leds will make this hard, I think. 

So if I only had @Lutalo wrapping skills....

I guess I have to see if the blackish look will grow on me... Carbon or not, it matters less to me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beowolve said:

Good acceleration and braking ist more important for me then range and max speed, if that wheel has no major issues its my next wheel next summer.

The V10 is too new to be replaced :D.

Nothing is ever too new to be replaced... 

Then again I don't have a wife to persuade 😁

I just have to feed my cats some can of tunna and shrimps. They do evil 👀  at the wheel when I get home or power it up, but nothing I have yet not succeed to bribe away with can of fish. 😏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

I tried using the Youtube subtitle translate and it was a total mess! :huh:

I'm just poking some fun at @houseofjob since I presume he's got more insight into the 16x than just about anyone this side of of Atlantic ocean

Edited by wheelr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

I tried using the Youtube subtitle translate and it was a total mess! :huh:

The French or translation? 

I am sadly not skilled at languages either. I do some English 🤔 and then the Danish native thing 😏 and little German... 🤨

French.. Nope didn't work out for me. 🙁

I might be one of those people super sensitivity to high pitches because the first thing that hits me in that video is the piercing motor whine. It's like ice picks in my ears. I had turn the sound all the way down.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Somemore updates. 

The motor whining sound is lessen lessen such to the point that it is like Gotway or even softer than Gotway wheels. It has been really improved to reduce the motor noise to an imperceptible level.  

turning left or right will also activate the blinking brake light. 

Motor performance has has been confirmed to be much improved compared to other wheels like the Nikola. 

seems like this is why GW released the plus right after the regular version.  if i was a vendor i would be pissed off.  since now i have stock that no one wants.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

I believe this is the preproduction model. Judging by the grey side panels and chipped left knee rest.  

As in previous post the ks16x what kuji was riding in France is "NOT" the pre-production model 

3 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

He rode a ks16X in France? When?

Maybe when Tina was on a promoting tour in the EU to selected dealers. I am sure she was show casing the KS16X to secure orders.

I am sure that is why they tease the wheel with tiny details from time to time. It is hard to get dealers to commit if not you have a unique strong brand. Apple is one of the few companies that could pull this off...in the past, it is slowly fading.

4 hours ago, stephen said:

As in previous post the ks16x what kuji was riding in France is "NOT" the pre-production model 

So it that the production version?

16 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

So it that the production version?

The new york demo ks16x might be the final version with the new motor etc , we will see if the NY demo version is final!

Edited by stephen

The pedals look attractively wide on the video, but guys... look at the dihedral angle of the pedals:

5BC78CC9-35A0-41B2-8470-5DF07B3656C2.jpeg.4341ed2c383873bd54350881bf2f93c3.jpeg

It is pretty much zero! To me that sounds very iffy on a high-performance wheel with great off-road potential. Are they this aftaid of repeating the MSX mistake?

I hope the production model will have at least some angle.

Other than that though, I like the 16X a lot.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The pedals look attractively wide on the video, but guys... look at the dihedral angle of the pedals:

5BC78CC9-35A0-41B2-8470-5DF07B3656C2.jpeg.4341ed2c383873bd54350881bf2f93c3.jpeg

It is pretty much zero! To me that sounds very iffy on a high-performance wheel with great off-road potential. Are they this aftaid of repeating the MSX mistake?

I hope the production model will have at least some angle.

Other than that though, I like the 16X a lot.

I've always added an angle to my ks pedals as I prefer more of an angle you feel more secure.. just used a piece of hard adhesive rubber trim where the pedal hits the bracket,, I can get it in lots of sizes locally to add a huge angle if I want.. is it just me or does that look like it's even bending down slightly??

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

is it just me or does that look like it's even bending down slightly??

@Rywokast The photo can trick the eyes a little, but IMO, the pedals look to be parallel to the ground with zero angle in either direction.  If you use the straight edge of a ruler etc. on your screen, they actually do look perfectly flat!

7 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

I've always added an angle to my ks pedals as I prefer more of an angle you feel more secure.. just used a piece of hard adhesive rubber trim where the pedal hits the bracket,, I can get it in lots of sizes locally to add a huge angle if I want.. is it just me or does that look like it's even bending down slightly??

Effect of the fish eye lens.  KS wheel all have a slight angle to the pedal.  

• Like 1