KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

For those that have ridden the 16X, what wheel would pair well with it? I have the 16X on order (first wheel purchase). I'm considering ordering a MCM5 or Z10 as well for the time being. Which would you choose? I'll be getting a fast wheel later this fall (MSX or Nikola 100v).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

For those that have ridden the 16X, what wheel would pair well with it? I have the 16X on order (first wheel purchase). I'm considering ordering a MCM5 or Z10 as well for the time being. Which would you choose? I'll be getting a fast wheel later this fall (MSX or Nikola 100v).

Looks like you have the cash. I would go for the Z10. Very unique riding experience and I still love mine every time I ride it even though it has its quirks (like having to calibrate the pedals almost every time I turn it on).

I've never heard the question posed this way - which wheel would you pair with another one. Not really sure how to answer that specifically. But I gave you my opinion.

The MCM5 has the highest acceleration and low-end torque of any wheel in existence. Super agile.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

What do you mean with „would pair well with“?

I dont think you mean „drives about the same“? Or?

So i guess you mean, is „different and would make my catalog complete“:

My suggestion, when thinking about that you get a 16X AND a 100Volt MSX or Nikola allready....would be going for a 14inch torque Monster, MCM 5.....or going in the other direction....getting a Monster 2400wh 84Volt....which will get a „update“ now...and is , with 22inch, at the other end of the spectrum you then allready have.

The Z10 is a bit different....yes...but i my view there are „better choices“ around.....

@Marty Backe and @US69, did you consider that @beepdashboopdotnet have to learn to ride yet? Or might even have many miles in the feet of a friends EUC... IMHO you are answering his question without knowing much of the rider. Doing so could easy lead to unhappy expireance.

This is the main reason for people returning a product to a dealer. It didn't do what the customer wants it to do.

The most basic and most important lesson I learned in my education and earlier job in sales. Do not suggest what you like... Suggest what suits the customers needs, wantsand likes.

The needs have to be solved, wants are great to have as many, likes are where you can move up in price range. As you consult as many likes and wants you can trigger the more happy a customer will feel with you service and return for next time, the cycle of sales, starts from support and consultation. 

Most of you US customers have seen this here in the forum.

You know of whom I speak... Right? 

@Jason McNeil

Unfortunately we see too little engagement from most EU dealers here. But Ian from Speedyfeet is another example. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Only because he doesn't seem to be lacking play money do I say, buy another wheel now. Assuming that he gets addicted he's not going to want to be without a wheel if something happens to his first wheel.

If anything, I would make the 16X his secondary wheel. It could be mid-August before the 16X is available. Why not buy a wheel now (Z10, Nicola, MSX, etc.).

A fair point... I guess I see how time is part of the EUC purchase process.

Most don't get instant delivery. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Marty Backe and @US69, did you consider that @beepdashboopdotnet have to learn to ride yet? Or might even have many miles in the feet of a friends EUC... IMHO you are answering his question without knowing much of the rider. Doing so could easy lead to unhappy expireance.

This is the main reason for people returning a product to a dealer. It didn't do what the customer wants it to do.

The most basic and most important lesson I learned in my education and earlier job in sales. Do not suggest what you like... Suggest what suits the customers needs, wantsand likes.

The needs have to be solved, wants are great to have as many, likes are where you can move up in price range. As you consult as many likes and wants you can trigger the more happy a customer will feel with you service and return for next time, the cycle of sales, starts from support and consultation. 

@Jason McNeil

Unfortunately we see too little engagement from most EU dealers here. But Ian from Speedyfeet is another example. 

I agree with what you are saying.

As I said before, my impression is that he has lots of play money so he is not constrained to only buying one initial wheel. I know for a fact that there have been people who buy $10,000 worth of wheels at one time. Those people are not going to be disappointed and return the wheels.

Maybe we should just wait to see if @BleepBloopBlop ever reads our comments and offers some additional feedback.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

@Jason McNeil

Despite you are right... i just put in my honest „assumptions“! He said he has a 16X on order and said he Will be getting a faster wheel later this fall.

I even ask if my assumptions where right...and if he wants to get all possible edges/behaviours of EUC ridings. On this i made my recommendations!

Sure...when the 16X is his first wheel, and he even still has to learn, who knows how it is running in then end and how it will turn out?

Nobody can......

But saying/asking „ i have a 16x on order, will get a 100Volt this fall, what else is in the envelope“....i did a honest answer!

I dont want to mislead @beepdashboopdotnet...and as you know me now a bit , you should be sure that something like this would be never my intention......

But yeah, you are right: The best would have been to answer...“first go and make your impressions about EUC riding at all........

Edited by US69

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

But saying/asking „ i have a 16x on order, will get a 100Volt this fall, what else is in the envelope“....i did a honest answer!

I dont want to mislead @beepdashboopdotnet...and as you know me now a bit , you shoild be sure hat something like this would be never my intention......

I don't think you are misleading at all. And yes I know you make honest answer... Also the tuff and unpretty ones if needs to be. 

My point is anyone would need more info to provide a great answer. There are so many angels to concider. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

I don't think you are misleading at all. And yes I know you make honest answer... Also the tuff and unpretty ones if needs to be. 

My point is anyone would need more info to provide a great answer. There are so many angels to concider. 

As said, you are right...i lately edited the last message and said what should be the best answer....but as i said lately,

Thats life....failures happen :-) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

@US69 do you know if this is a general KS solution or a locak specilazed fun thing from 1radwerkstatt only?

I know you are is close contact with 1radwerkstatt from time to time.

I think this is cool and hoped something like this would happen. (Wish: something red-redmetalic):clap3:

Faults are made...part 2:

as first answer i said „afaik from KS headquarters“....

That was a misunderstanding from my side.....its a 3rd party as it seams. Have to find out more....need some time!

Sorry!

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like you have the cash. I would go for the Z10. Very unique riding experience and I still love mine every time I ride it even though it has its quirks (like having to calibrate the pedals almost every time I turn it on).

I've never heard the question posed this way - which wheel would you pair with another one. Not really sure how to answer that specifically. But I gave you my opinion.

The MCM5 has the highest acceleration and low-end torque of any wheel in existence. Super agile.

Haha right? My first thought was are we still about electric unicycles or have we gone off-topic to wine and cheese. :efee612b4b:
I do understand the purpose behind the question and that is to have a complete stable and also to have something while waiting for the 16x.

Marty gave the same answer I would have given. The Z10 because of it's uniqueness, fun and also it's getting harder and harder to find. 

The MCM5 for me would be very case specific. The Monster as well. I would really NEED what the Monster can give me for me to buy one.

The question was answered as the question was phrased and @BleepBloopBlop seems to have already done his research and made some decisions on his own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, US69 said:

Faults are made...part 2:

as first answer i said „afaik from KS headquarters“....

That was a misunderstanding from my side.....its a 3rd party as it seams. Have to find out more....need some time!

Sorry!

No worries. 

At first I thought it was KS, but I heard it was scrapped att a Russian forum, now today/yesterday I saw it again. 

I guess it makes sense it is a 3rd party. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Graniteone said:

I might be in a similar boat as @BleepBloopBlop as I want to taste a bunch of the different flavors and find the right mix. Something I notice in this hobby is the used market is very anemic and selling your used higher end wheel is not really an issue. I did the same with off road enduro motorcycles and various other outdoor activities like flyfishing and archery. Play with bunch and get to know them and sell what you don’t like or can live without. I just ordered a MSX to go with KS18XL and I thinking of trying the Nikola, MCM5 and maybe the KS16X. The only way to really have a strong opinion is taste as many flavors as possible. Just my .02. :D

Totally agree, hence why my signature is 17 wheels long, but I've only really owned 3-5 at a time, currently down to 2.

I do the same with sneakers, you never really know what you'll use until you actually live and breathe with it. And as soon as I know I won't use it enough, even if I just bought the damn thing, it's gone.

4 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Gather as much info as possible, then ignore it all and go with your heart.

I will say that, as a broad generalization, like-width tires, even 2" diameter tire sizes apart, tend to have similar tire feels in my wheel buying experience, so the wheels you list above in the 16X/MCM5/Z10 are pretty diverse IMHO.

And FWIW, all 3 of these models are still popular, so you won't have a tough time selling one if you don't take a liking to it I think.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Totally agree, hence why my signature is 17 wheels long, but I've only really owned 3-5 at a time, currently down to 2.

I do the same with sneakers, you never really know what you'll use until you actually live and breathe with it. And as soon as I know I won't use it enough, even if I just bought the damn thing, it's gone.

I just recognized in your signature.....you dont have the 18S anymore??? 

Didnt you miss it allready? I made the same mistake and gave it away.....but i am just into reversing this mistake! B)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

I just recognized in your signature.....you dont have the 18S anymore??? 

Didnt you miss it allready? I made the same mistake and gave it away.....but i am just into reversing this mistake! B)

I took a hard look at it, but decided to let the 18S go. Still love that form factor, but I get a bit of wheel wanderlust after awhile, not to mention wheel resale value falls off a cliff into years 2-3+.

I figured I rode it a ton, and never really keep wheels past the 2 year mark, but the 16S / 1500W spec by next year I think will feel a bit old (with the release of every 2kW+ new model), plus I just got back into a Monster with my recent 100V purchase.

My hope is that the King Song bosses will wise up and make a seated 18 or bigger, with 55kph and 2200W motor power or more, maybe this time in a more attractive shell so the sales will be better.

I actually wouldn't have minded if the KS16X reached the 18S height for proper seated riding.

Lots of “Landmines” at Central Park.... 🤣

15D53DF4-53D8-4A65-A983-C3FD7AEB35CB.thumb.jpeg.09479e9983932fbc718fff1a24634c13.jpeg

Just watched the vid. Great first review.  It’s always good to ask the rider what wheels they own because inadvertently, everyone’s opinions will be different and will be compared to what they are currently riding. 

I still believe the 16X will surprise us more when we finally receive the retail and final polished version. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Lots of “Landmines” at Central Park.... 🤣

15D53DF4-53D8-4A65-A983-C3FD7AEB35CB.thumb.jpeg.09479e9983932fbc718fff1a24634c13.jpeg

Just watched the vid. Great first review.  It’s always good to ask the rider what wheels they own because inadvertently, everyone’s opinions will be different and will be compared to what they are currently riding. 

I still believe the 16X will surprise us more when we finally receive the retail and final polished version. 

Yeh, riding in central park is dangerous.  Even if you don't hit the land mines directly, there is so much shit dust... Towards the end, I saw a thin layer of shit dust all over the 16X rear.  :P

• Like 2

I watched the review last night with my wife. Thanks @houseofjob for taking the time to film all the loops, gather the info and make the vid.
The wheel looks great and I wasn't surprised to hear that it's nicely balanced. Great to hear that the pedals won't be entirely flat and the angle chosen for the production model is a good one imo that will suit most people. The wheel looks wider than I expected. Do we have the final measurements? It seems wider than the 18L/XL.

However... regarding the noise... my wife cringed because there is a high frequency there (that I can't hear). So it looks like I will have to wait and see if the final version doesn't have this sound. My MSX has a high frequency squeal (which I can't hear) when it's on and so does my charger (that I can hear) when the MSX is fully charged. The 16x was too much though and even in scenes where a guy was being interviewed and someone else was riding off with the 16x the 16x could be heard squealing away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I watched the review last night with my wife. Thanks @houseofjob for taking the time to film all the loops, gather the info and make the vid.
The wheel looks great and I wasn't surprised to hear that it's nicely balanced. Great to hear that the pedals won't be entirely flat and the angle chosen for the production model is a good one imo that will suit most people. The wheel looks wider than I expected. Do we have the final measurements? It seems wider than the 18L/XL.

However... regarding the noise... my wife cringed because there is a high frequency there (that I can't hear). So it looks like I will have to wait and see if the final version doesn't have this sound. My MSX has a high frequency squeal (which I can't hear) when it's on and so does my charger (that I can hear) when the MSX is fully charged. The 16x was too much though and even in scenes where a guy was being interviewed and someone else was riding off with the 16x the 16x could be heard squealing away.

I think some of the noise is coming from the 18xl that @houseofjob was riding in the video. 

• Upvote 2