KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

17 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Worse! I married early in life.

:laughbounce2:  I hope your wife never visits the Forum :unsure:

14 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

No, but we are talking about when the wheel is standing still. Definitely when it’s moving, but can you hear yours standing still. Y’all are about make me go boot up the wheel just to make sure I am not going deaf

It's been a couple of weeks. I'll have to power up the 18XL tonight to see if it's as annoying as I've been saying it is, while standing still.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

from across the room, loudly yes.. i can hear all of my wheels standing idle, but kingsong is like 10x louder

Hehyll to da nah! I know I’m haven’t gone crazy or deaf yet. I just tested this loud thing. I even took some younger ears with me; two of my sons. We tested the sound while keeping the wheel still. We booted the XL first. This is what we agree to have experienced:

1. upon booting the wheel we could clearly hear the zzzzzzing, or whine as you guys call it; easily noticeable.

2. After it idled for a few seconds the loud zzzzing died down and the wheel was very quiet; barely perceptible to us.

3. I trolleyed it around the room, and the sound increased, but died down in the same manner as the first time after a few seconds.

4. We then booted the 18L and repeated the experiment. 

5. We noticed that the zzzzzzing from the 18L was more perceptible, but still very low after dying from movement or a few seconds of idling.

Based on what I just tested I conclude that It seems both me and @Marty Backe are correct. He complained about the sound in elevators. When I trolleyed the wheel, as one would entering an elevator, the sound was very perceptible. However, when it was still, as I usually am in an elevator, very little sound was perceptible to us. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, US69 said:

While the steady beeping and steady frequent noise even if the wheel NOT moves, in my opinion allready on the 18L/XL THIS has been coming to no Sound at all. I Know this “elevator situations”, too, as i commute to work every day, but since i have the 18L my collagues never looked around or asked anything.

Thank you Ulf. I knew that I wasn’t deaf ;) :P to the rest of y’all who suggested so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutalo said:

Thank you Ulf. I knew that I wasn’t deaf ;) :P to the rest of y’all who suggested so.

@US69 also needs to get a hearing test :lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Worse! I married early in life.

All I can hear budget... Chocolates and flowers... 🙄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I think my 18XL is very quiet. I've been listening to it with extra attention because of the discussion about the new quiet Gotways. I'm not saying my 18XL is totally silent, but sometimes I can't hear it even when I am straining to do so. Other times I can hear it, but it's so minimal that it's easy not to notice. Definitely in elevators there is no sound from my 18XL.

I tried the wheels I was interested in when I recently bought my first proper wheel. I saw tons of reviews and impressions on YouTube and I thought I could never get the KS18XL due to its high pitch. I thought it would be too annoying. Fortunately, it was not that laud and annoying that I got the impressions of when I tried it, so I ended up buying it. It didn’t take a long time for me to be used to it, but if I could choose, I would of course prefer that it was completely quiet. I am very happy with my choice, and I would buy it again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Lutalo said:

What the hell, why don’t all of KS owners go and get one :D:D

Why? what did you say?:confused1:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lutalo said:

At least you are not watching them undress; there’s still hope.:D

Replace "hungry" with another word that starts with "h" and ends with "y", then replace "eat" with whatever floats the old boat, and we're getting there... :popcorn:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Replace "hungry" with another word that starts with "h" and ends with "y", then replace "eat" with whatever floats the old boat, and we're getting there... :popcorn:

I get “hurry up”. “Horny toad”  “hairy legs” “hardly working”  “hardy plant” "hickory root" “humidity scale” humility needed” “habitually unemployed” "heavy load" "heavily weighted" "hilly terrain" "happily married" "handy man" shall I continue :D

Edited by Lutalo

5 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

My friend is currently at Kingsong factory doing a tour. He had a chance to ride the ks16X. This are some points about the 16X that he liked. 

Larger(wider?) pedals compared to 18XL and pedals are magnetic. 

Acceleration and braking torque seems much better and responsive compared to Nikola.  

Confirmed weight of 24+ kg

Good acceleration and braking ist more important for me then range and max speed, if that wheel has no major issues its my next wheel next summer.

The V10 is too new to be replaced :D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/30/2018 at 10:08 PM, eddiemoy said:

“Just like their MSX, it isn't a 19", it is 18x3.  It's not 1600wh, it is 1554wh.  GW needs to be kept honest.”

Actually the motor capacity is stronger - the latest news is that it will be a 2200 W motor!

Apologies, correction:

my reference is regarding the latest KS16X, not regarding any Gotway....

Edited by Kalaharichi

well i guess we know what happened to the tail light lol.. there is one after all

Screenshot (34).png

• Like 3