KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

24 minutes ago, stephen said:

That's weird because i can't hear my girlfriend whining ( horrible high pitch😁but everyone else can) maybe we should treat the kingsong as our girlfreinds just don't f___k it😂

Haha that's what I was thinking.
What frequency is the female voice and how do I turn it off.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I ride exclusively at night and often in the quiet affluent hills of Silicon Valley.

Well excuse me Mr. Fancy pants :D:D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Sorry. Behind on the betting pool.

I'm to lazy to go back and check what the stipulations really were, but something about Marty buying a KS16X before August the 1st? Put me down for a 1 SEK against if so :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erk1024 said:

Unless we know this is a final unit, let's hold off judgement until somebody actually has one and can give us a review.

Good point, but then, present or absent wouldn't matter at all to me anyway. I don't think its a big deal in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

You can't judge it from that video. Mics on cameras tend to auto adjust gain and might pick up some frequency better. To be able to get some idea you need to have reference level otherwise it would be like a digital photo that seems almost daylight but in fact light is enhanced by camera settings (high iso, long exposure time ect...).

On the recording you hear nothing but wheel mecanis and contact with surface and later the wind/airspeed catching the mic. 

But like you said different people different opinions. @Lutalo I fully agree with you description. To me the wheels sound is like having engine sound of a car. Unfortunately when wearing my MC ff helmet I hardly hear anything from wheel. Riding with visor open or with bike helmet I use this sound to keep track of my speed. Or rather I have a sense of my speed. Combined with wind rushing in the face.

Now I got Wheelog to read out on MC helmets build in upgrade BT comm. Works like a charm, Thanks @Seba

I don't get the issue with the whine; but, I accept that it bothers some people. There must be some sort of research available related to variations in human reactions to sound frequencies; be interesting to see the findings in a study like that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

When I first got my KS18L (my first performance wheel), I really liked the sound. First batch KS18L is louder than current KS18XL's. I thought the sound was futuristic and gave me a sense of going faster than I really am. But now after 10 wheels (including my 100v dead silent Monster), I find the loud whine a bit gimmicky and needless. Much like these lame BMW's and Benz's around my neighborhood who tune their cars with loud mufflers and added back-fire pops because they want the attention. Many Teslas (cars) around here zip around at higher speeds and get away with it because they're quiet.

I ride exclusively at night and often in the quiet affluent hills of Silicon Valley. Sometimes I like to sail though the winding paved mountain roads with no lights and no sound. Just the moon light, wild life, and wind! It was 80 degrees (F) here yesterday at midnight in the mountains. The high whine gives me a bit of anxiety if I am just creeping along starring at the stars at 10MPH. Peaceful sunset rides with the least amount of distractions is where my mind is at these days.

I love riding on warm nights. Unfortunately those don't occur in Southern California as often as you may think (our nights tend to be cool).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I ride exclusively at night and often in the quiet affluent hills of Silicon Valley. Sometimes I like to sail though the winding paved mountain roads with no lights and no sound. Just the moon light, wild life, and wind! It was 80 degrees (F) here yesterday at midnight in the mountains. The high whine gives me a bit of anxiety if I am just creeping along starring at the stars at 10MPH. Peaceful sunset rides with the least amount of distractions is where my mind is at these days.

This sounds so magical I have to give it a try. Especially these days when the sun rises at 3:30 AM.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

I don't get the issue with the whine; but, I accept that it bothers some people. There must be some sort of research available related to variations in human reactions to sound frequencies; be interesting to see the findings in a study like that. 

The whine does not "bother" me one bit. But a quiet wheel that only emits a low frequency hum is still preferred if I have a choice.

The one place that it is annoying is an elevator. Ever take your wheel in a crowded elevator? I have. Multiple times. You feel very self-conscious when it's done with an old-school noisy wheel.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@eddiemoy, here would be some specific questions that might not occur to you:

• Is the motor quiet like the Gotway wheels?
  • How does the shell hit your legs near the top? Feels comfy or is it a bit angular/hard (like the MSX?)
  • Will I like it? B)

You like every wheel.  LOL

The MSX 100V I had wasn't silent.  But i get what you mean.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Adel said:

Where's the post for the demo event ?

poll is up on NYC E-Riders on FB.  It is either Sat or Sun at 12PM meeting at tavern on the green.  not sure which day yet.   It's fathers day on Sunday, but looks like the majority leaning towards sunday.  

34 minutes ago, Nils said:

I'm to lazy to go back and check what the stipulations really were, but something about Marty buying a KS16X before August the 1st? Put me down for a 1 SEK against if so :)

We’re all going to WIN!  No freakin chance @Marty Backe will pass on the 16X. Think how grumpy he would get. 

48051224027_42282da394_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

You like every wheel.  LOL

The MSX 100V I had wasn't silent.  But i get what you mean.  

P.s. Assuming that Chris (@houseofjob) has the wheel, ask him not to take the wheel apart like the Z10 since there's a chance I may end up with this wheel, and I want a fully working one ;)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

P.s. Assuming that Chris (@houseofjob) has the wheel, ask him not to take the wheel apart like the Z10 since there's a chance I may end up with this wheel, and I want a fully working one ;)

A chance? let me rephrace that, A huge change ! :cheers:

Notice, I didn't put in risk, despite my bet is properly lost since this unit is on tour proberly until after my early set deadline. not just you getting a KS16X.:P

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Regarding noise level. With my Solowheel Glide 3 on mountain bike trails I can hear the birds and the wind rustling the grass when I'm not struggling to stay alive. Hearing a high pitched whine would be annoying. Also I once had to hear a very loud tone for several months before a surgical fix. I have since gained a big appreciation for silence.

Totally agree. I am a big fan of silence. That's why my wife is watching a documentary with headphones on. And that is also why my cat isn't purring.
My neighbour is playing the guitar though. And singing. Not too loud... but it's past 10PM so how about we knock that shit off.

Once I also had a nice high frequency noise for a few months. I got off my chair and tried to localise it. I ended up crawling in a circle on the living room floor. It was then I realised it was my right ear. It went away on it's own after a few months though.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Agreed, and I would love to see some nice graphs of the human hearing capabilities with regards to frequencies and age, etc. I've now tried to do some research, but unfortunately just ended up spending time reading irrelevant  pages on human hearing instead.. :whistling:

Anyway, back-tracking, and that notwithstanding, I'm somewhat baffled by the issue being so the contentious here in the forum (in general, not replying to you here @Lutalo as your comment leads me to believe we're on the same page). In general I'd say that human hearing is not the same, which makes arguments somewhat pointless as people are not really talking about the same thing. The discussion seems to end up with people who are not registering this at all or who only notice it to a certain degree debating with people who find it it really grating or merely some degree of irritating. The actual sound is what it is, but people's ability to hear it and thus react to it varies greatly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

If Cooch is next in line good luck!

• Like 1