KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Can you please elaborate a bit ( ie: too responsive, sluggish, stiff....) Any idea what the tire pressure was set at? 

Pressure was set to over 45.  The bigger the tire the lower the pressure I prefer. For my 18L and 18S, I have it at 28psi.  It feel twitchy.  Will have it tomorrow to test.   It isn’t as responsive as a 16S, but that is to be expected.   But more responsive than 18L.  

I absolutely hate the pedals.  If it get it, will need to fix this.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Just came back from the NYC demo.  Here are my initial impressions.  

I wasn’t able to adjust the tire pressure since there were too many people.  I normally don’t like high pressure wheels.  I like them under inflated.  I’ll probably get the wheel to play with so I can can lower the tire pressure to something that suits me.  Maybe the riding issues will go away.  That being said here are the initial impressions of the wheel.  

The tire valve is hard to access.  Kind of like MSX MsuperV3s+ style.  Not sure why they did this.  It is bad.  You need a valve extension to get at it. 

I like the look inperson.  I know some don’t like it. Very subjective   The side pads were coming off   Not sure if it is because this is preproduction.

The pedals are completely flat like the V10F.  I absolutely hate this!  I like to have some angle to the pedals   Not completely flat.  But not extreme like the MSX.  Not sure they did this as all other KS wheel has some angle to the pedal.

The ride, I don’t like the way this rides.  But I think it is because of the tire pressure.  If I cannot fix the ride feel with tire pressure, I will probably cancel my order.   I hope this isn’t a tire size issue.  If it is tire size, means I don’t like any tire bigger than 2.5”.

i didn’t notice any motor noise. So it is silent.  More so than my 100V MSX which wasn’t silent like the 84V MSX.

magnetic pedals, can kick to deploy.  

Trolley handle seemed a little loose   But works good like KS handles.  Good length.

The speakers are loud with good bass, not as loud as Nikola.

stopping and acceleration is better than Nikola, but not as good as 16S, better than 18L/XL

weight is not too difficult to lift considering it is 55lbs.  Haven’t tried to lift it into my trunk.

Lift cut off wasn’t working on demo unit.

all black looks ok, the faux carbon fiber looks just like MSX, cheap knockoff.  

Now that I’ve tested it   Not sure if I will replace my lighter 18L   I already have a long range 18S. Not excited anymore about the wheel.  

You rode the Nikola. I can't remember, did you not like that too because of the wide tire? Personally, I think the wide tires ride great. Seems to me that the 3-inch is going to be the new standard.

Nice "first report" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I was asking about different tires earlier because I feel that may be the thing that would make the 16X great, same tire as the Nikola.   I also agree about tire pressure.   The pressure range listed is 35psi-45psi, but I prefer closer to 30, although I've been sticking with 35 as it's a good compromise for mileage.   I initially pumped it to 45 and hated the wheel, then deflated it to 30 and fell in love, so who knows?

Yes, the tire compound plays a role.  I normally do the 20% rule for 2.5” wide tires.  But prefer something higher like 25% for smaller 2.125” wheels.  20% of my weight in lbs. 

will try it with 25psi when I get a chance.  But doesn’t change how shitty the pedals feel.  They really need to fix this.  

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You rode the Nikola. I can't remember, did you not like that too because of the wide tire? Personally, I think the wide tires ride great. Seems to me that the 3-inch is going to be the new standard.

Nice "first report" 

Dmityr brought it again to this demo.  I like the Nikola’s ride, just didn’t like the look.  Hope I can adjust the PSI to fix the feel of the wheel.  But not sure if I can fix the pedals.  POS!

• Like 1

Well I think my KS18L have flat pedels too. I might just be rookie at EUCs but I hardly think that would be an issue. 

I am a bit curious about how they attach the side panels. Them starting to come off is not a good sign. 

I guess I will have to find out in 6-8 weeks time... 

I hope I don't get a 🤥🤭

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I think my KS18L have flat pedels too. I might just be rookie at EUCs but I hardly think that would be an issue. 

I am a bit curious about how they attach the side panels. Them starting to come off is not a good sign. 

I hope I don't get a 🤥🤭

no previous ks pedals have been flat.. just about every euc ever released besides the inmotion v10 that i can think of has angled pedals

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

KS16X pedals are flatter than the 18L/XL. Not to a severe degree IMHO, only slightly to me.

Hehe still thight-lipped 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I hope I don't get a 🤥🤭

The pedals on my 18XL are certainly not flat. Angled pedals help to keep your feet anchored on the pedals. Hit a small pothole or do any trail riding and you'll appreciate the better grip. This is what's particularly nice about the MSX. It feels like your legs are almost attached to the wheel, and this has saved many a rider from falling off the wheel.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:24 PM, Lutalo said:

What the hell, why don’t all of KS owners go and get one :D:D

I finally got around to turning on my KS18XL. You are correct that if the wheel is "perfectly" still, it's silent. But any movement, including just holding only the trolley handle, makes the annoyingly loud whining sound that some of us can hear, including me :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Pressure was set to over 45.  The bigger the tire the lower the pressure I prefer. For my 18L and 18S, I have it at 28psi.  It feel twitchy.  Will have it tomorrow to test.   It isn’t as responsive as a 16S, but that is to be expected.   But more responsive than 18L.  

I absolutely hate the pedals.  If it get it, will need to fix this.  

Remember, FWIW that probably shot down to 40PSI after you took out some of the air (45 was what I had it at the start of the demo).

15 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Well, you can ask me whatever, but I'm focused on getting my last shots and cutting up the KS16X film from this weekend.

Lov yr Vids and has been a while between drinks, and am keen for the review

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Remember, FWIW that probably shot down to 40PSI after you took out some of the air (45 was what I had it at the start of the demo).

Yeh, lowering the pressure helped.  Hopeful it will be good when I lower it enough.  Just those damn pedals. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I hope I don't get a 🤥🤭

18L pedals have an angle to them. They are not flat. Well the surface is, but that isn’t what we are talking about. 

‘The flat pedals make you feel like you are slipping off of the pedals. 

• Like 1

Hope I can adjust the PSI to fix the feel of the wheel.  

I consider anything above 38lbs on the MSX a hard ride for my 200lbs. Can’t even imagine what 45psi on a 16x3” feels for you lighter guys. I’m sure you’ll find the difference very notable in your tests.

But not sure if I can fix the pedals.  POS!

It should be as simple as putting a properly sized 1mm thick steel plate between the pedal and the bracket. Bent at the edges, or metal epoxied to stay in place.

It is bothersome to have to work on a new wheel, but for me there isn’t or hasn’t been a single wheel on the market that doesn’t have some aspect shouting ”fix me” to my ears.

‘The flat pedals make you feel like you are slipping off of the pedals. 

This is exactly how I always felt with the V10F, which limited my test rides to calm on-road riding. 

5 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I consider anything above 38lbs on the MSX a hard ride for my 200lbs. Can’t even imagine what 45psi on a 16x3” feels for you lighter guys. I’m sure you’ll find the difference very notable in your tests.

55 psi at 120 lbs.. i hate soft rides lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The flat pedals make you feel like you are slipping off of the pedals

Interesting, I have only used a ninebot s2 and the v10 so far and don't have that feel. Might be a thing if your are used to other wheels and it might go away after a while.

My colleague has bought a v5f and he actually disliked the V shape so much, that he modified it so that is now flatter.

Should be easy to adjust by yourself.

It is strange that all other KS wheels don't have this, is it possible that this is a demo unit thing? Did anyone who testet the wheel in china also experience this?

9 minutes ago, Beowolve said:

Interesting, I have only used a ninebot s2 and the v10 so far and don't have that feel. Might be a thing if your are used to other wheels and it might go away after a while.

My colleague has bought a v5f and he actually disliked the V shape so much, that he modified it so that is now flatter.

Should be easy to adjust by yourself.

It is strange that all other KS wheels don't have this, is it possible that this is a demo unit thing? Did anyone who testet the wheel in china also experience this?

once you get used to a wheel with the angled pedals you will know :P i absolutely hate the flat pedals, the more angled the better, keeps you feeling secure, gives you better control/manipulation and you can make sharper turns.. going back to my ninebot i always feel like im gonna slip right off over the slightest bump lol.. not something you would want to experience at 50 kph

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1