KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I got my update from Jason yesterday as well, so I should see my wheel hopefully the first week of August.  

Production order to be filled by end of this month, 4 weeks (hopefully) gets to Jason and maybe give or take a week or two before I get to ride.  August in Florida is peak heat season. It’s not even comfortable to ride at night. But at least I’m riding. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stephen said:

Thanks for the photos looks like solid plastic in places so I'll feel better when it's bouncing down the hill 😂 it looks a mess at this stage but solid  ,,, nothing screwed down etc,, be nice to see it all wired up with batteries in ,,,,Oooh and on my doorstep 😊😊

Thanks

but the tire rotate direction seems installed in reverse again:efefa6edcf:

refer to rotate direction arrow when you install the tire, tire type model number "H-5146" should be indicated on right side of the wheel,

and the space in between the padel hanger and motor bracket doesn't balance on both sides.

hopefully manufactory will improve the installation minor process

tire img.jpg

16x tire.jpg

16x front copy.jpg

16x back.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Changable side panels should be good if you want to make some custom ones for different rides

That would be bad if the side panels weren't exchangeable, because they all have to be taken down every time I have to change the tube or the tyre, right?

I can't imagine removing these thin pads without destroying them to get to the screws behind them.
In contrast to the V8, it's actually quite a stupid solution as I think, but I think the 16x is not the only one.

@Garrie Lim

Thanks especially for the photo with the "running" LEDs on, where they are above/beside the frontlight.

As some of the recent photos just showed LED's on the Bottom of the Wheel  i allready got complaints, that the light is not running as promised :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, Vanzen said:

I hope someone tell them that if its an "officially" 50kmh wheel, they wont sell one single unit in France due to insurance policies and new laws coming

In Portugal, electric bikes are sold limited to 45kmh. Then you open an App and do the thing no one's talks about. It's been the same for ever with gasoline bikes for teenagers that had to be limited. 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:56 AM, Nils said:

Well, to each his own, right? I personally find it very irritating and grating on the ears, but as with most other things in life people have different opinions.

I was very happy to read they're apparently attempting do something about this starting from the K16X and hope they're successful. The video @stephen posted suggests otherwise but I'm holding out hope that's an earlier version of the wheel (video is freshly uploaded though, and she appears to work for KS..).

I can still hear it in the latest video.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Glydiators/permalink/1546268975515598/?sfnsn=mo

Edited by Lutalo

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ha! I just ride there, I live in an apartment at the bottom of the hills with everyone else.

:roflmao:

"Sometimes when i'm hungry I just ride up there and look through the windows and watch them eat."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

:roflmao:

"Sometimes when i'm hungry I just ride up there and look through the windows and watch them eat."

At least you are not watching them undress; there’s still hope.:D

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Remove the mudguard, and reinstall it on the opposite side; problem solved.

It sounds like you’ve been successful in the past. ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It sounds like you’ve been successful in the past. ;)

😂😂 yup! My 18L was shipped like that way; Flipped the mudguard. Whenever I need to remove the wheel at some point in the future I will flip the shell around and then switch the mudguard and kickstand; then she will be 100% correctly oriented.

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2019 at 3:36 PM, Marty Backe said:

The whine does not "bother" me one bit. But a quiet wheel that only emits a low frequency hum is still preferred if I have a choice.

The one place that it is annoying is an elevator. Ever take your wheel in a crowded elevator? I have. Multiple times. You feel very self-conscious when it's done with an old-school noisy wheel.

Only time I hear the zzzzzzzing that Many are calling a whine is when the wheel is moving. I ride crowded elevators almost daily with my XL; I don’t perceive it at all. I know it’s there, but I have to be literally stooped in front of the wheel to hear it. So, some very good points about frequencies and differences in human perception, interpretation, and association of sound have already been made. Anything I attempt to add would be redundant at this point.

• Like 3

It is true that KS wheels have a total different sound than GW!

While the steady beeping and steady frequent noise even if the wheel NOT moves, in my opinion allready on the 18L/XL THIS has been coming to no Sound at all. I Know this “elevator situations”, too, as i commute to work every day, but since i have the 18L my collagues never looked around or asked anything.

BUT: What still is present....is a “whining” while you are driving the wheel.....For ME this has a classical star Wars sound of a slight „whoop, whoop“ when moving, which does NOT bother me at all....it even is a advantage when you are behind bicycles and then they CAN hear you!

So i am still interested in what the PRODUCTION version of the 16x will be. KS promised a wheel „As quite as the GWs are“ .....so we will see if they/we understood all the same about that!

This night i especially asked KS  if the US demo wheel will be or is allready final „acoustic“ version....as i know this a „thing“ for some people. As i own/owned all GW wheels to, they cant be called „silent“, too....

Yes, since the Tesla the frequent beeping has gone...and they got not this „whoop“ sound while moving. but Still they cant be called quiet in my view....yes , more quiet than others but they still also have a sound from the motor moving....just not as loud/recognizable i think.

So we will see how the 16X behaves....as long as it will not get worse as older wheels, for ME, this all doesnt matter at all.

But i understand its a thing for some people, so we will see! Tomorrow i should know if the NY demo version is final!

Edited by US69
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You should get a hearing test. I think you may be prematurely losing your hearing. Did you go to a lot of concerts in your youth? :P

no doubt, its deafeningly loud to me lol, even wearing headphones with music playing i can still sometimes hear it.. far from a stealth machine 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

no doubt, its deafeningly loud to me lol, even wearing headphones with music playing i can still sometimes hear it.. far from a stealth machine 

No, but we are talking about when the wheel is standing still. Definitely when it’s moving, but can you hear yours standing still. Y’all are about make me go boot up the wheel just to make sure I am not going deaf

Just now, Lutalo said:

No, but we are talking about when the wheel is standing still. Definitely when it’s moving, but can you hear yours standing still. Y’all are about make me go boot up the wheel just to make sure I am not going deaf

from across the room, loudly yes.. i can hear all of my wheels standing idle, but kingsong is like 10x louder

• Like 1