KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I think we're are all getting excited with more and more news coming out . Can't wait to see how the motor performs and how quite 😊😊

So the next demo one will be the latest production one?

Oooh and the brake lights in the vents look cool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

I don't get the issue with the whine; but, I accept that it bothers some people. There must be some sort of research available related to variations in human reactions to sound frequencies; be interesting to see the findings in a study like that. 

21 minutes ago, Nils said:

Agreed, and I would love to see some nice graphs of the human hearing capabilities with regards to frequencies and age, etc. I've now tried to do some research, but unfortunately just ended up spending time reading irrelevant  pages on human hearing instead.. :whistling:

Anyway, back-tracking, and that notwithstanding, I'm somewhat baffled by the issue being so the contentious here in the forum (in general, not replying to you here @Lutalo as your comment leads me to believe we're on the same page). In general I'd say that human hearing is not the same, which makes arguments somewhat pointless as people are not really talking about the same thing. The discussion seems to end up with people who are not registering this at all or who only notice it to a certain degree debating with people who find it it really grating or merely some degree of irritating. The actual sound is what it is, but people's ability to hear it and thus react to it varies greatly.

Hearing gets worse with age and particularly for men. The "higher" frequencies are affected the most.
Expect not to hear 17khz over the age of 20. This is also known as the mosquito sound which can be used as a deterrent towards youngsters.

image.png.497b0f042bdce8cf0317f17021f9f8a4.png

This link is a bit simplistic but a good start: https://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/most-people-over-18-cant-hear-these-sounds

There is also something called misophonia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

Misophonia means that sound goes here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbic_system

In other words it causes a fight or flight response. Select Sound Sensitivity Syndrome even called the four "S's". If there is a sound that shouldn't be there it will cause this response. Usually it will be rage. Repetition will cause a trigger and amplify the response to the sound.

Things that make me lose my shit:

• My cat purring (then it's my wife's cat)
  • My wife eating chips (crisps for all you english)
  • Children yelling
  • Babies crying
  • People talking loudly
  • Neighbours talking or playing music (even if it's low)
  • Employees at work talking

It's mostly about sounds that don't belong to a given scenario. Especially when i'm trying to focus or relax. Much worse when I am experiencing high stress.

Watch this clip. Look at the guy's face. He's dying lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

I think we're are all getting excited with more and more news coming out . Can't wait to see how the motor performs and how quite 😊😊

So the next demo one will be the latest production one?

Oooh and the brake lights in the vents look cool

seems like the quietness is something they are working on.  But i think it is the latest motor.

they call it preproduction wheel what we are getting in demo.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

they call it preproduction wheel what we are getting in demo.  

Aaah that's what i meant to put😊

Can't wait for the reviews, looking forward to it 😊

Color: The final color will be the carbon fiber panels, with black matte on top & changeable sides—for the present this will just be the black, but dark-gray is a possibility later on

I kinda liked the look of the DEMO color combination better than the Carbon look that we are getting.

IMG_5568-1.jpgKing Song 16X Oblique

Do hope they decide to go ahead with a seat. That would mean I am more likely to enjoy longer cruises, as I would be able to rest me a king knees a bit. 

I imagine that could also add extra range since a sitting person should generate less drag than standing tall. 

But I guess you seated riders can pitch in if I am right or wrong in my assumption.

I also like the idea to provide different colour side pads.. In time. It makes production easy right now, but could add choice and personality down the line. 

One thing I do like about GW, is the different colours of Monsters, personally I like the matt/metallic red look. But I guess a paint job could fix that too. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Do hope they decide to go ahead with a seat. That would mean I am more likely to enjoy longer cruises, as I would be able to rest me a king knees a bit. 

I imagine that could also add extra range since a sitting person should generate less drag than standing tall. 

But I guess you seated riders can pitch in if I am right or wrong in my assumption.

I also like the idea to provide different colour side pads.. In time. It makes production easy right now, but could add choice and personality down the line. 

One thing I do like about GW, is the different colours of Monsters, personally I like the matt/metallic red look. But I guess a paint job could fix that too. 

GIVE US SEAT! GIVE US SEATS!! SEATED RIDERS MATTER!!! :lol:

But really tho I don't see why they could not make the seat as long the frame can support some weight

More choice is better. :clap3:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Unventor said:

if you rid seated, there is less drag and you can go faster with less effort.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Looks like we are going to get to try out the 16X this weekend!  Woohoo!  Demo time!

That means it will probably hit the shores of Singapore soon as well. I’ll prob make a short vid of it as well

@Mike Sacristan It seems to me that you need to buy yourself a “LectroFan”. I have one and can vouch for it. It works! 

My findings: Pure unfiltered white noise setting is annoying, but Pink noise setting is great for blocking aural distractions, I like it and use it. Brown Noise setting is great for sleeping, very soothing. Many other settings available. 

Anyways, I don’t wanna derail this thread...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tessa25 said:

Regarding noise level. With my Solowheel Glide 3 on mountain bike trails I can hear the birds and the wind rustling the grass when I'm not struggling to stay alive. Hearing a high pitched whine would be annoying. Also I once had to hear a very loud tone for several months before a surgical fix. I have since gained a big appreciation for silence.

Totally agree too

9 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Totally agree. I am a big fan of silence.

I once had tinnitus from the explosion of a mole trap with gas cartridges that went off in my hand. I am overjoyed that he has gone away sometime and only a hypersensitivity to high tones has remained.

My Buell X1 Millennium has a Vance & Hines Exhaust and without that exhaust, I wouldn't want to drive that bike no more. This means, that I don't necessarily like it silent, but I also don't want to do myself a mobile tinnitus. :wacko:

If I knew exactly that kingsong doesn't manage to turn off this noise, the decision 16 X or nikola would definitely be easier. :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, edwin_rm said:

@Mike Sacristan It seems to me that you need to buy yourself a “LectroFan”. I have one and can vouch for it. It works! 

My findings: Pure unfiltered white noise setting is annoying, but Pink noise setting is great for blocking aural distractions, I like it and use it. Brown Noise setting is great for sleeping, very soothing. Many other settings available. 

Anyways, I don’t wanna derail this thread...

Now we're talking! The wheel has a speaker after all. Playing some pink or brown noise through it might work.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Here's a funny thing about whine on my MSX. I can't hear any whine. My wife can hear a high pitched frequency which is quite loud.
She is a few years younger than me and has much better hearing when it comes to the high frequencies.
I've noticed that dogs tend to react to my MSX as well.
I can hardly hear above 15000hz. Once I was listening to high frequencies on my HD800 headphones. They are open back. I raised the volume quite high but still couldn't hear the 16000hz frequency I was playing. All of a sudden my wife comes storming out of the shower asking me what the hell i'm doing and why I am listening to these horrible squealing sounds. :roflmao:

Oh I hear the high pitch whine alright, and I turn 53 this fall. I'd say it's a harmonic with peaks around 12kHz and 18kHz or somewhere around there. But it's not very strong compared to most other wheels I've been around, and it goes away if you manage to balance the MSX perfectly while still - or almost entirely at least.

Funny thing is I have ear damage on my right ear, but the dip is strongest between 4-8kHz and it doesn't affect the highest frequencies much. That is what happens if a 14 year old boy throws a fire cracker on you and it explodes close enough to the ear to create burns inside it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

3133D10A-7B59-426D-B046-5C1F3F7A2AD5.thumb.jpeg.6e9e2d0ba63557dd69a2c976d07d562b.jpeg

Ready to be shipped out?

It looks a proper beast in black i absolutely love it . Where can i get one shipped from 😊😊 

You got any more pictures to tease us with 😊

Edited by stephen

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

It looks a proper beast in black i absolutely love it . Where can i get one shipped from 😊😊 

You got any more pictures to tease us with 😊

I was teased by this as well.... I only saw this photo. 

9 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I was teased by this as well.... I only saw this photo. 

Changable side panels should be good if you want to make some custom ones for different rides

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

16” wheel that weighs 1.4kg more than the MSX despite the same battery size. I don’t get it.

How much will the bigger motor weigh? , i do like the heavy wheel it stays planted more 

The handle looks chunky ,it might be robust alltogether and a lot of internal stuff going on🤔 i can't wait for more info teardown etc

53 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

16” wheel that weighs 1.4kg more than the MSX despite the same battery size. I don’t get it.

yes thats as much more than the stated weight on the spec sheet O.o it has to be the new motor..

Thanks for the photos looks like solid plastic in places so I'll feel better when it's bouncing down the hill 😂 it looks a mess at this stage but solid  ,,, nothing screwed down etc,, be nice to see it all wired up with batteries in ,,,,Oooh and on my doorstep 😊😊

Thanks

• Like 1