KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

11 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Effect of the fish eye lens.  KS wheel all have a slight angle to the pedal.  

I hope so.. I know they're super high up which will make for some great sharp turns but would be sketchy if they were totally flat like the v10 lol.. never liked that

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

I hope so.. I know they're super high up which will make for some great sharp turns but would be sketchy if they were totally flat like the v10 lol.. never liked that

Hated the V10F because coming from KS, the V10F pedals seemed almost like it was bending down and felt like I was going to slip off.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

I've always added an angle to my ks pedals as I prefer more of an angle you feel more secure.. just used a piece of hard adhesive rubber trim where the pedal hits the bracket,, I can get it in lots of sizes locally to add a huge angle if I want..

The 16X pedal stopper system is different than on previous models. The 16X looks like it would be the same kind that Gotway uses. If it is indeed the same, there is too much pressure and a sideways force for any rubber thin enough to last a single ride. A 1mm thick steel plate does work though. Still, sucks if it has to be modified for a ”normal” angle.

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Effect of the fish eye lens.  KS wheel all have a slight angle to the pedal.  

If you check the French video that was posted one or two pages back, you’ll see that the pedals look absolutely flat in all shots, near and far. And a fish-eyed lense would have the opposite effect, since it would curve items near the bottom of the image. And a generalisation about all KS wheels is meaningless before the wheel of discussion is even finalized and shipping.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The 16X pedal stopper system is different than on previous models. The 16X looks like it would be the same kind that Gotway uses. If it is indeed the same, there is too much pressure and a sideways force for any rubber thin enough to last a single ride. A 1mm thick steel plate does work though. Still, sucks if it has to be modified for a ”normal” angle.

If you check the French video that was posted one or two pages back, you’ll see that the pedals look absolutely flat in all shots, near and far. And a fish-eyed lense would have the opposite effect, since it would curve items near the bottom of the image. And a generalisation about all KS wheels is meaningless before the wheel of discussion is even finalized and shipping.

Got confirmation they are a  “smidgen” flatter, but feels very comfortable.  Again, I doubt they would deviate too much from what they are normally.  It will still feel like a KS.  I just hope it the pedals have a good comparable deployment to the magnetic deployment mod. 

7 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

A friend of mine that HAS ridden the KS16x complained that the 16x pedals felt that they were bending down.. emphasis on HAS ridden Not speculation.

If it is the one that is in France, that is the pre-production demo unit that Kuji dropped 10 times.  The one that is in NY now is the final version.  Feels fine.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

If it is the one that is in France, that is the pre-production demo unit that Kuji dropped 10 times.  The one that is in NY now is the final version.  Feels fine.  

Have you tested it already? 

15 hours ago, Unventor said:

I were hoping I might have been able to paint outer cover in red metalic paint, but those leds will make this hard, I think. 

They are most probably removable; so, if you want to paint the LEDs shouldn’t limit you. Thanks for the compliment about the wrapping skills. Thinking about what color and wrap finish to use on my red XL. Might try a mirror chrome finish this time maybe red, or platinum.

• Like 1

Oh man, I don't understand why they put professionals on prototypes and then end up releasing a piece with so many known flaws? 

Some save on MOSFETs and fuses, penny articles....and that with the low worldwide production of EUCs. At prices from 1500 - 2500 €...who cares a few Euro more for better components? 

Others switch off the brain at the pedals. 

16X or Nikola or or or...It seems to me that every company is building its first unicycle? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

😥

5 hours ago, Rywokast said:

I've always added an angle to my ks pedals as I prefer more of an angle you feel more secure.. just used a piece of hard adhesive rubber trim where the pedal hits the bracket,, I can get it in lots of sizes locally to add a huge angle if I want.. is it just me or does that look like it's even bending down slightly??

@houseofjob, maybe you can address the dihedral angle of the 16X pedals during some of your commentary?

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Well. My friend was at the kingsong factory 2 days ago with a couple of Thai Wheelers  for a factory tour. He rides almost everywheel from kingsong and Gotway and has owns the Nikola as well amongst many wheels. 

Not once did he mention anything about the pedals being too flat. In fact he praised it for being nice and wide. 

He loved the torque and acceleration of the 16x

Mentioned that the whining noise has been almost eliminated to the point of being imperceptible. 

Speakers on the wheel are loud and have bass, unlike Nikola

At the moment, they are still trying to improve the motor whining noise even further so that when the final retail batches is shipped, it would be softer than any of the 16x being tested so far. 

They will start producing end June and ship out in july

Compared to the Nikola, the reports has been the nikola rides better and the 16x is ‘twitchy’. Maybe the 16x is Kingsong’s answer to the Gotway Tesla?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Compared to the Nikola, the reports has been the nikola rides better and the 16x is ‘twitchy’. Maybe the 16x is Kingsong’s answer to the Gotway Tesla?

My friend who rides msx, monster and nikola claims he feels the 16x has better acceleration and braking torque. 

I guess its all up to personal preference and the real test is when we (those who have paid good money) have our wheel and have a go at it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

My friend who rides msx, monster and nikola claims he feels the 16x has better acceleration and braking torque. 

I guess its all up to personal preference and the real test is when we (those who have paid good money) have our wheel and have a go at it. 

Does your friend also have a Gotway Tesla to compare the 16x to? Or ridden the Gotway Tesla? (Only because that is Gotway’s 16inch Wheel)

Are the tires different between the Kingsong and Gotway?   I've read praise previously for the type of tire on the Nikola and I can fully agree that it's nothing short of amazing.

18 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Does your friend also have a Gotway Tesla to compare the 16x to? Or ridden the Gotway Tesla? (Only because that is Gotway’s 16inch Wheel)

As the Tesla is a „real 16inch“ with 2,125 tire width...and Nikola and 16X are more in the 17inch class, this compare would not make this much sense.

Fun fact:

in europe/america the wheel  „inch size“ .....16 or 18 inch is measured inside the tire.....so on the rim!

While in China those wheel size is defined by around the tire!

for example...order a 18inch x 3inch tire here in europe....and you will get a tire that BIG, that it even does NOT fit on the Monster.

So this „new wheels types“ like Nikola and 16X...both using the same CST 16x3.00tire....are when measured outside „nearly“ in the former 18inch Euc class...nearly....but more near to older 18inch class then to old 16inch class like Tesla and 16s....

Edited by US69

15 minutes ago, US69 said:

So this „new wheels types“ like Nikola and 16X...both using the same CST 16x3.00tire....are when measured outside „nearly“ in the former 18inch Euc class...nearly....but more near to older 18inch class then to old 16inch class like Tesla and 16s....

I find it interesting that you say the same tire but the recent video and pictures have a different tread pattern than my Nikola.   I can't find any 16X photos that show it with the same as mine.

20190615_161711.jpg

Edited by Dzlchef
  • Like 1