KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

6 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Yeh, riding in central park is dangerous.  Even if you don't hit the land mines directly, there is so much shit dust... Towards the end, I saw a thin layer of shit dust all over the 16X rear.  :P

Now we know why @houseofjob won't do a teardown video of 16X. :shock2:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I watched the review last night with my wife. Thanks @houseofjob for taking the time to film all the loops, gather the info and make the vid.

Sure and thanks!

The wheel looks wider than I expected. Do we have the final measurements? It seems wider than the 18L/XL.

I measured it to be a hair over 6.25" wide, which makes sense, as it's packing so much into a tight shell.

And yes, the 16X indeed looks wider than the 18L/XL, given the latter wheel has more longitude to spread components thinner.

However... regarding the noise... my wife cringed because there is a high frequency there (that I can't hear). So it looks like I will have to wait and see if the final version doesn't have this sound. My MSX has a high frequency squeal (which I can't hear) when it's on and so does my charger (that I can hear) when the MSX is fully charged. The 16x was too much though and even in scenes where a guy was being interviewed and someone else was riding off with the 16x the 16x could be heard squealing away.

As @Afeez Kay said, the first 2 clips of Andrew and Eddie Moy, I was chasing on 18XL's, while the rest, I was chasing on MSX's, so I would listen more to the other clips.

But also FWIW, King Song is further tuning their firmware to try to be even quieter than this not-ready-for-production demo model.

Listening first-hand, I can tell you it is significantly quieter than an 18XL, but not whisper quiet like a Ninebot or InMotion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, buell47 said:

What??? I will keep my V8 until i will die. :w00t2:

Well I thought so too... Until I started riding my KS18L... 1month later the V8 felt like a toy and it didn't feel stable as the KS18L that to me in ridesensation ozzes quality. Despite the 1st batch hickups.

This also why I am confident I would like the KS16X, and went ahead to order 1st batch. Time will tell 🤗🤩🥰or🤥🤯😭

First I have purchased an EUC only for riding on paved roads with my 4,5 years old daughter on her Moutain-Bike ....until I realised, that thing can drive also on bad roads :)...also over rocky roads .... and also over small rocks and roots in the forrest. :thumbup:
This realization has now changed a lot and I now ride paths that I have not even managed with my mountain bike. :D (okay....just because of my lousy condition)
Now I have licked blood and want to overcome even worse ways where the V8 has come to its limits. Furthermore, the V8 also lacks the power to push my daughter up the steep trails. :roflmao:

If I'd known all this before, I'd have bought something with more power directly. What is your excuse? :popcorn:

sry for OT

• Like 2

11 hours ago, houseofjob said:

My hope is that the King Song bosses will wise up and make a seated 18 or bigger, with 55kph and 2200W motor power or more, maybe this time in a more attractive shell so the sales will be better.

I actually wouldn't have minded if the KS16X reached the 18S height for proper seated riding.

When you would know how Long i allready have written my finger wound to get them to go and give the 18S a overwork with 84V/2000Watt Motor, some Details like better Lights and so on...… :rolleyes:

Also for the 16X i am still working on the proper high seat...

We will see!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

3) when plugged in to charge, unit turns on and balance it self to stay upright.  Can't accidentally tip over and break the charging port.

How stupid is that?! Seriously, how do they even come up with something like this?

33 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

6) firmware not smooth.  something is not right at the top end.  the wheel shakes, like a resonance pulsating.  can see it in the video i made.  i think it happens at the top end

:(

-

I'll reserve my opinion for the final production wheel with worked out kinks, but I'm surprised this has so many weak points. I expected it to be totally fine except for the ugly looks (but if the performance is right...). Hmm...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'll reserve my opinion for the final production wheel with worked out kinks, but I'm surprised this has so many weak points. I expected it to be totally fine except for the ugly looks (but if the performance is right...). Hmm...

I think building an opinion without have a final product is smart. You can argue either way of looks. Personally I hold oppersite opinion about looks. Most feedback from demo has or will be addressed so to me I don't see "many week" points. 

Is it like all previous KS wheels? No, but why should it be. Does it hold the pedigree of the KS brand? I think so, but it is new and hold some changes, but I still see the KS underneath 😁

Oppersite you, I am stoked and waiting for my unit to arrive. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Here are a few more observations after riding the wheel a couple of times...

1) head lights are bright and they do a good job illuminating what is ahead of you.

2) brake lights they flash during normal operation, turn solid when slowing down or braking

3) when plugged in to charge, unit turns on and balance it self to stay upright.  Can't accidentally tip over and break the charging port.

4) the tire is really hard.  I don't it.  even at 25 psi, it is still hard.  much better than 40 psi.  the rubber is stiff. I like the inmotion v10f tire material.  

5) there is pedal dip.  I hate this on the GW's.  I feel it on the 16X.  Maybe needs to be re-calibrated.

6) firmware not smooth.  something is not right at the top end.  the wheel shakes, like a resonance pulsating.  can see it in the video i made.  i think it happens at the top end, unfortunately i lost my phone speed capture :P  will have to do it again.

7) brought the tire pressure down to 20psi, feels better now.  might even lower it a little bit more.  LMAO.

8) wheel feels more responsive than the 18L/XL.  more torque, start and stop quicker.  

9) mud guard works well in the rain

Nice Eddie, like the way you bullet point it. I were about to ask about the mudguard, but you answered it already. 

I hope what you point to on firmware will be be sorted out by KS.

Then again I don't ride top speeds anyway, my comfort zone is around 25-35kmh.

6 hours ago, US69 said:

Point 3 is a known Firmware issue...will be fixed in new Firmware which will be done till this Weekend!

So no :) The Wheel will not balance when charged…..

Point 6 failure of oscillation, is allready under Investigation/inspection...as the Prototypes in China were flawless and smooth!

Will All NOT be in final Version....

This is unfortunate. Believe it or not, there are many Gotway users who charge their wheels (while eating lunch / resting / etc) while turned so that the wheel won't rotate and fall.

This is a feature, not a bug. But I guess KingSong considers it a bug. I wonder if anyone at KingSong knows that it can be advantageous to keep balancing while charging?

Maybe as the KingSong Guy you could pass is along???

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is unfortunate. Believe it or not, there are many Gotway users who charge their wheels (while eating lunch / resting / etc) while turned so that the wheel won't rotate and fall.

This is a feature, not a bug. But I guess KingSong considers it a bug. I wonder if anyone at KingSong knows that it can be advantageous to keep balancing while charging?

How about us that use stand for our EUC at home? Most of us don't have true level where our stand is located, like on carpet for example..

I don't want my wheel to spin and beeping until it cut off every time I plug it in for charging.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Or even better, make it a choice to the user. Switch balance on or off while while charging. That would be neat. 

Just hope it is level so it doesn't try to balance /roll off with charger😉 That could damage ports I guess. 

Come to think off it why stop there.... 

Option for batch 2: auto eject charging cable, as battery safety feature to not stress battery or if battery gets too hot.

That could be cool 😉 (word play/joke) 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Or even better, make it a choice to the user. Switch balance on or off while while charging. That would be neat. 

This is precisely how Gotway wheels work, you can power them on or off while charging and thereby control whether or not it balances itself.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kens said:

How about us that use stand for our EUC at home? Most of us don't have true level where our stand is located, like on carpet for example..

I don't want my wheel to spin and beeping until it cut off every time I plug it in for charging.

I'm not sure I understand your comment. Just to be clear, the Gotway wheels only balance while plugged in and turned on. If you don't want the wheel to be balancing while charging, just don't turn on the wheel.

I see the Gotway approach as good because it's optional. I see the KingSong approach as bad because there is no option to balance while charging.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Adel said:

@US69 I don't want the wheel to automatically turn on when charging for safety issues.  If somebody wants that feature, all they have to do is turn on the wheel themselves.

Of course! No wheel should automatically turn on when charging, and that's not what I was suggesting. If YOU, the owner of the wheel, want the wheel to balance while you charge it, then you turn the wheel on, just like Gotway riders do. If you don't want to be balancing, don't turn the wheel on.

But KingSong apparently doesn't believe in choices.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not sure I understand your comment. Just to be clear, the Gotway wheels only balance while plugged in and turned on. If you don't want the wheel to be balancing while charging, just don't turn on the wheel.

I see the Gotway approach as good because it's optional. I see the KingSong approach as bad because there is no option to balance while charging.

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Of course! No wheel should automatically turn on when charging, and that's not what I was suggesting. If YOU, the owner of the wheel, want the wheel to balance while you charge it, then you turn the wheel on, just like Gotway riders do. If you don't want to be balancing, don't turn the wheel on.

Yes yes misunderstanding is here..

What I understand from reading @eddiemoy report is that the wheel will automatically turned on and self balancing when plugged in into the charger.

Then @US69 said it is a known issue because who wants that?

After that your comment seems suggesting this should happen which shock me and @Adel apparently..

Now we are all agree a wheel should not automatically turned on and self balancing when plugged.

Can @eddiemoy & @US69 clear this out? Is it automatically on or can it be charge and self balancing separately? Which one is the bug according to King Song?

Edited by Kens
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe if you look back at @eddiemoy post, he mentioned that the wheel turned on automatically when plugged to charger. I think we all agree that's not desirable feature and I thought that's what @US69 was referring will not be in final version (or maybe something else ?)  So I think some misunderstanding somewhere in the thread.

As far as current KS wheels, are you suggesting its not currently possible to turn them on and balance while charging ?  I'm curious, I have an old KS16 starter wheel I can check later to see that's the case or not. Or  somebody else can try sooner ?

EDIT: @mrelwood confirmed that some KS wheels do not balance when turned on while charging so ok the issue is clarified and we all are in agreement on all points.

Edited by Adel
  • Like 2