THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

We had a couple of group rides out there, I think in 2017. That dam is definitely fun. 

Well I hope you feel like "double dipping" on Friday evening after the Mt. Baldy ride! 💪 🤔 I'm gonna try to do some of your rides but will probably have to skip Mt. Baldy unfortunately as that's my favorite one so far ...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Well I hope you feel like "double dipping" on Friday evening after the Mt. Baldy ride! 💪 🤔 I'm gonna try to do some of your rides but will probably have to skip Mt. Baldy unfortunately as that's my favorite one so far ...

I'm hoping that I can survive all 7-days of riding. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be in any condition to join you Friday afternoon, but it'll be great for the people just showing up for the games.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 1:14 AM, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately the perspective of those pictures doesn't allow me to judge the relative heights without commentary from you. So is the outer edge of both pedals equal?

So have done a bit more checking my shinko MSX tire is 5mm larger that the original MSX from rim to OS edge of tire. shinko 66mm and Original 61mm 

So that would suggest the 16X wins the peddle height question

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

So have done a bit more checking my shinko MSX tire is 5mm larger that the original MSX from rim to OS edge of tire. shinko 66mm and Original 61mm 

So that would suggest the 16X wins the peddle height question

Guess I'll have to use the old tape measure when I have a 16X to compare it to my stock MSX.

I need hard facts not interpolations ;)

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Guess I'll have to use the old tape measure when I have a 16X to compare it to my stock MSX.

I need hard facts not interpolations ;)

😘😀

Many I think are waiting for yr views of the X even if a tape measure is involved

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 11:00 AM, stephen said:

I'll give it time before i think about selling my beloved Z10 ,,,, thought I'd never say that 🙁

Thanks 👍

TBH besides all the drama in the KS16X thread, the KS16X is a better wheel than the Z10. I also own both. But they are different. For one nothing beats the look of the Z10, and there is something special about riding it.

But riding them back to back over the same road I'm pretty sure nobody will say the Z10 does it better. 

If you don't have the time to use both I can understand selling one of them.

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

TBH besides all the drama in the KS16X thread, the KS16X is a better wheel than the Z10. I also own both. But they are different. For one nothing beats the look of the Z10, and there is something special about riding it.

But riding them back to back over the same road I'm pretty sure nobody will say the Z10 does it better. 

Ooh yeah you reminded me how good it is ..i need to keep riding it now and again ,i do love it when I'm on,. Forget i ever s said anything 😁😂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, stephen said:
20 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Ooh yeah you reminded me how good it is ..i need to keep riding it now and again ,i do love it when I'm on,. Forget i ever s said anything 😁😂

The more I see post of which is better or not on the forum the more I think the chat I had when ridding with @Mike Sacristan put this into perspective to me.

It is not which is better, as that come out of how you meassure this. It is more important which does what you want and gives you more joy when riding. 

As an example, the dreaded gyro effect, some love some don't. Once I got use to it it, I can use my KS16X different compared to my KS18L. It gives me a better controlled speed turn, and a feedback of force that I find more fun but also a challenge to master. I am all up for challenges. Right now I find my KS16X more enjoyable to ride. 

As for the Z10 goes, you either like it or you don't. It is not because it is a easy wheel to use, it is what you must do as a rider the brings out the smile in the end. 

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, Rama Douglas said:

You could always try to do half the rides backwards to give the calves a rest...😜😂👊

And it will recharge your wheel at the same time!!!   :blink1:

• Like 3

I just rode for the first time with a 9-foot selfie stick and 360° camera.

Wow! This isn't easy! Whenever I swung the stick around I wobbled. I quickly gave up trying to hold it out to the side. That was far too destabilizing.

I didn't even fully extend the stick for the duration of the ride.

I rode across some grass at one point and nearly lost control.

I'm sure this gets easier, but concentrating on the stick and riding isn't easy at the start.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 3