THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

What app are you using to show the speed?

Part of the GoPro Quik software for any GPS enabled GoPro. Doesn't work too well in some areas downtown because of all the buildings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Planemo said:

I have also bought a GoPro Session4 which I will use instead of the Hero+ which I used in my vids so far. The Session is tiny, and any size/weight reduction at the end of a 9' lever is gonna be a bonus.

Yeah, the Session cameras only weigh about 88 grams with the frame (I just weighed one).

The HERO4 Session doesn't have any stabilization. The HERO5 Session has EIS, but that technology is far behind the HyperSmooth stabilization in the newer Black cameras.

If you look in my recent videos, you'll see my session on my helmet. I use it as my security cam during my commute. I love how small it is. But yeah, the stabilization of the hero 7 is sooooo smooth. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Quick hill climb test for the 100v MSX

Your 18XL tilts-back at ~60-degrees? Mine doesn't overheat until 79-degrees, like every wheel except the Nikola.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Wrong info on the video: you just need to ride 6 miles or 10km to unlock the full wheel speed.  Firmware 1.05 or 1.06.

Yes, I saw your YouTube comments. Thanks again. Hopefully I didn't make any other errors ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Your 18XL tilts-back at ~60-degrees?

I haven't confirmed that but every time in gotten random tiltback it has been just below 60. I need to properly test it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

I haven't confirmed that but every time in gotten random tiltback it has been just below 60. I need to properly test it.

OK. Yeah, that doesn't sound right. There might something else going on, but except for the Nikola, all wheels that I'm aware of overheat at 79-degrees Celsius.

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm half way through your video ,, didn't know you received the 16x .. Loving the video so far ,, anyway back to watching 😁.. unlock that power @10km , that's why i paused the video and came here 👍👍👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm half way through your video ,, didn't know you received the 16x .. Loving the video so far ,, anyway back to watching 😁.. unlock that power @10km , that's why i paused the video and came here 👍👍👍

I feel like a dummy Stephen for not knowing/remembering that you can unlock it after 10km :facepalm: 

Yeah, I've already slid the sliders up to 50kph :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stephen said:

Just finished watching your video👍👍 oooh boy! Them trails are to die for (not literally though 😬

You mention about pads

Been looking at  some surf pad stuff maybe a cheap way of some lean pads I've ordered 2 pair see what they like ,i could possibly have 3 pairs of lean pads from 2 pairs of these £16 for both .. Worth a try

Thanks for the video . Looking forward to the hill test 👍👍

£10.02  51%OFF | Perfeclan 5pcs Square Grooved EVA Surfboard Skimboard Longboard SUP Traction Deck Grip Tail Pad Trimmable Sheet Accessories
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KHl4anTE

Thanks. Yeah, I've been seeing other references to these materials. I'm going to give it time and see how I actually use the 16X. For all of my testing I'm going to leave it as a virgin wheel, otherwise I'm not really testing the 16X if you know what I mean :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. Yeah, I've been seeing other references to these materials. I'm going to give it time and see how I actually use the 16X. For all of my testing I'm going to leave it as a virgin wheel, otherwise I'm not really testing the 16X if you know what I mean :)

Perfectly understandable 👍 I've seen you go up overheat hill on a few euc's without lean pads, can't wait for that video tbh 16x seems to go up hills with ease 👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1