THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I do hope to test the 16X some day.

No reason to stop loving the MSX just because you love another wheel :)  I just got back from taking my MSX for a tear around the local river trails. It's a blast. And funny, I checked the mileage and I only have ~600 miles and I've had the wheel for 14-months. I need to add it into my wheel rotation more often.

And to be honest, when you were descending that single track towards the end of the video, I bet the MSX would have been more carefree with the higher pedals. Yeah, don't give up on the MSX.

You have a lot of beautiful trails/roads to ride around. Too bad it gets cold and rains there. And BTW, you keep saying that you don't know where you are. Does Google Maps work in your part of the world, including those small dirt roads?

Love your little dancing model at the end :lol:

Yes true Marty I've done 3000 miles on the MSX it's a beast for long distance and trail riding, but the steep hills small or big have me lean forward and push to go up them the ks16x has been effortless ,,i do love that,,  it's probly more of a ( how excited i get when riding and just trying to express my feeling towards the 16x at that time 😊) I will keep it it serves me well 👍

When i keep saying i don't know where i am, I'm just amazed that i can be riding through a well built up area enter some woods and the next minute I'm in the country side ( it amazes me 😁) i have Google maps I'm not lost as such just ,, wonder,, where the f__k am i😂😂 

As you know i started euc's watching many videos of yours and others and found videos very interesting, my videos started very basic never been in to editing it's even took me ages to get a microphone🙁 (( the little dancing woman been learning about greeen screens)still learning here ,, it's nice that i can show others about my adventures as i know how enjoyable and what people learn as i did 👍

I can remember you saying keep at it you'll soon get used to it and it will click on my first day video👍😂😂😂     big thanks to you and everyone👍👍👍👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I bet the MSX would have been more carefree with the higher pedals.

I find info online that pedal height for MSX is 16,5 cm and for 16X 18 cm. Does the dihedral angle raise them so much really? Or is there some difference in measurement or just wrong info?

@stephen you have them both, can you take a comparison photo for us?

32 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

They are fairly equal in height 1st thing I checked when mine arrived

I doubt the pedal angle is the same otherwise everyone would be complaining like they do about the MSX pedals.

So you are saying that the height of the outside edge of the MSX pedals is essentially the same height of the outside edge of the 16X pedals. That's very impressive if true, and good to know.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I doubt the pedal angle is the same otherwise everyone would be complaining like they do about the MSX pedals.

So you are saying that the height of the outside edge of the MSX pedals is essentially the same height of the outside edge of the 16X pedals. That's very impressive if true, and good to know.

I'm thinking the old MSX tire is smaller than my installed shinko but both wheel level and sw on 

Stephen can compare better with original tires I think

20190909_184150_resize_5.jpg

20190909_184140_resize_16.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HippoPig said:

Where are you on Sweden Mike?

We’re moving to Copenhagen next summer!

Stockholm! 5km southwest of the city.
So close but yet so far but who knows maybe our paths will collide some day.
I would like to explore Scandinavia a bit. :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Stockholm! 5km southwest of the city.
So close but yet so far but who knows maybe our paths will collide some day.
I would like to explore Scandinavia a bit. :)

well if you come to Gothenburg I can take you to the other side, aka Denmark (Frederikshavn). I grew up there and know the place fairly well. Loads have changed since I move out, But I know the forest south to the town and some. Some real cool places to go there. If we take the car, we can go explore a bit more, or even drive to Cph too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What would you even google for?;)

Every other vehicle (car, scooter, ...) moves and drags your body with it. A self-balancing vehicle (EUC, Onewheel, ...) instead follows your body (specifically your weight shifts) and if it didn't, you would immediately lose balance and crash. That's what "self-balancing" entails. So if you lean, the wheel has no option but to comply until it can comply no more (well, it could just prematurely crash you right then, but that doesn't make things better). Tiltback and beeps are just enticements to slow down the rider, but if the rider ignores them, nothing the wheel can do.

The vehicle following your body (instead of the other way round) is what makes EUCs so intuitive and fun. But you get what you paid for - only the rider is in control at all times, for better or worse.

I do actually have some intelligent questions :) But this isn't the thread for it really. If a FAQ was created, I'd actually be interested in discussing it further. 

Oh and I'd have googled for exactly how an electric unicycle works and gone from there :) 

17 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I remember well.  Hard to forget when my wife yells out “Another one? How many does this make?” 

Are you sure she didn't yell how many does it take? ;)

I have one in the basement disassembled...and now the one I ride. Hopefully I get the spare part to get the rebuild completed of my KS18L. As for a third wheel I am waiting to see something with suspension. But this time I will not buy a 1st batch. 

It will then have new outer shell (all parts, 2x sidecover, topcover and 2x lamp area. plus new inner structure, 2 new lamps new digital lift sensors +pcb digital to analog mod, new tire and tube.) Stems was replaced earlier, and with XL pads too so it is only control board top handle of trolley and motor and cables that are for my unboxing stage. 

Well since this is a video thread, here is a rookie sample relearning to ride ;) 

KS16X , FW1.06 rider 81kg + 7kg gear at 25-26PSI on the tire. I am looking to readjust my footing as times as I get fatigue in feet and lower legs. Maybe one day I ride like @stephen just at lower speed. One thing that is funny though. I have not yet have to step off the wheel even if it were following cracks in the road or slid in mud or I were going too slow.  And stepping of when I want to start trolleying it is very controlled so is stepping up too. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

I'm thinking the old MSX tire is smaller than my installed shinko but both wheel level and sw on 

Stephen can compare better with original tires I think

Unfortunately the perspective of those pictures doesn't allow me to judge the relative heights without commentary from you. So is the outer edge of both pedals equal?

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

KS16X , FW1.06 rider 81kg + 7kg gear at 25-26PSI on the tire. I am looking to readjust my footing as times as I get fatigue in feet and lower legs. Maybe one day I ride like @stephen just at lower speed. One thing that is funny though. I have not yet have to step off the wheel even if it were following cracks in the road or slid in mud or I were going too slow.  And stepping of when I want to start trolleying it is very controlled so is stepping up too. 

I ride at 30psi i weigh 200lbs, how you liking 1.06🙁

I don't really ride that fast but you do creep up in speed before long thanks 👍 i like the layout of the video what do you use?

Edited by stephen

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

I ride at 30psi i weigh 200lbs, how you liking 1.06🙁

I don't really ride that fast but you do creep up in speed before long thanks 👍 i like the layout of the video what do you use?

It is a program for Sony cameras. The program isn't that easy to work with. But just that overlay feature is nice, it has different designs to choose from. If I were to do more complex stuff I can recommend a free program from Blackmagic, DaVinci Resolve 16. It is Pro software for both Windows and OSX from Apple. And it can use all threads in the cpu. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It is a program for Sony cameras. The program isn't that easy to work with. But just that overlay feature is nice, it has different designs to choose from. If I were to do more complex stuff I can recommend a free program from Blackmagic, DaVinci Resolve 16. It is Pro software for both Windows and OSX from Apple. And it can use all threads in the cpu. 

Thanks anyway 👍 i now do all my editing on my iPad , it's nicer to sit on the couch relaxed 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Very nice video!  I agree with @stephen that the data layout is great!

Well it just shows it isn't all about speed. The guy in yellow that gave a 👍was because he stared at me in disbelief so I gave him a 👍so he returned it 😁 not really knowing what to do. 

That TSG Pass helmet just is too funny to wear. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

On 9/8/2019 at 8:10 PM, Rehab1 said:

Is the guy ok?

Continuous beeps can easily be heard. Why the risk?

Google lens translate...

"Sold to Nicole, overload warnings

not heard (maybe on emotions or because
wind)
p.s. Itself was not injured, a couple of scratches on the elbows,
was almost without protection: only wrist protection
Jeans with inserts on the knees + regular
jeans on the body (one sleeve to shreds, the second
small hole)
log from the wheel: https://electro.club/map/9641

Was on a platoon, half a minute before
scandalized with skaters who trained
ride your child’s bike path
tried to convince them that this is not the best place for
learning (also on this road, breaking a bunch
rules, cars are worn at a speed of 100+)"

8 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

p.s. Itself was not injured, a couple of scratches on the elbows,

While I confess to clipping an occasional obstacle at much lower speeds with similar consequences 😥, the excellent app features presented at

https://electro.club/map/9641

Suggests that he crashed at GPS

with additional speed reports as seen :

2019-09-10_15.43.172019-09-10_15.40.572019-09-10_15.44.352019-09-10_15.45.362019-09-10_15.49.02

Spreadsheet values for the EUC at time of crash

EUC crash spreadsheet values

Battery level, speed and current levels just before the crash

Battery level, speed, power and other values before the crash

The battery level goes to zero for awhile.

The higher battery level before and after the crash is in the mid to higher  twenty ish percent (25 to 28 percent).

Star trek:

Captain: Scotty full power.

Scotty: Captain...I don't think she can take it much longer

Scotty: The dilithium cells are breaking down....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilithium_(Star_Trek)

Crash data graph:

Chart for crash, Speed, voltage, current, battery level

Edited by Bob Eisenman

35 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Concrete surfing spot discovered his week. Funny I hadn't looked on the other side of this dam the several other times I've ridden there. Epic fun location!!!

We had a couple of group rides out there, I think in 2017. That dam is definitely fun. 

• Like 2