THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

@stephenMate...stop gushing about the 16X!! :P I am only just plucking up the courage to start properly road riding on my Z10 and you are already making me want to buy a second wheel....which may or may not be the 16X ……………(it definitely may be) :D

Edited by Retrovertigo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

@stephenMate...stop gushing about the 16X!! :P I am only just plucking up the courage to start properly road riding on my Z10 and you are already making me want to buy a second wheel....which may or may not be the 16X ……………(it definitely may be) :D

Oooh you've got the euc bug already, nothing wrong with having a second wheel 😁 you can't go wrong with the 16x as long as they keep the firmware right to the 25% battery mark i don't want the fun to stop early👍 

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

Oooh you've got the euc bug already, nothing wrong with having a second wheel 😁 you can't go wrong with the 16x as long as they keep the firmware right to the 25% battery mark i don't want the fin to stop early👍 

"Second wheel"... I can't even remember getting my second wheel!

I think I recall my fifth...   ;)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I think I recall my fifth...   ;)

I should of put second wheel or more 😁😁 i didn't think I'd ever get 3😊

4 hours ago, pico said:

My first Threesome!

Entertaining as always! Threesome. :shock2: They say it’s tough mounting two at once. 

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Ks16x riding the woods and it handles well

Nice riding!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I remember well.  Hard to forget when my wife yells out “Another one? How many does this make?” 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Yes he is. He couldn't hear the beeps because of his helmet. 

Good news on his health....bad news on the noise canceling helmet. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stephen said:

Ks16x riding the woods and it handles well

I do hope to test the 16X some day.

No reason to stop loving the MSX just because you love another wheel :)  I just got back from taking my MSX for a tear around the local river trails. It's a blast. And funny, I checked the mileage and I only have ~600 miles and I've had the wheel for 14-months. I need to add it into my wheel rotation more often.

And to be honest, when you were descending that single track towards the end of the video, I bet the MSX would have been more carefree with the higher pedals. Yeah, don't give up on the MSX.

You have a lot of beautiful trails/roads to ride around. Too bad it gets cold and rains there. And BTW, you keep saying that you don't know where you are. Does Google Maps work in your part of the world, including those small dirt roads?

Love your little dancing model at the end :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

So the continuous beeps are warning of what exactly? I don't understand why the wheel, if it senses something bad, doesn't start to even itself out and kind of roll to a stop while maintaining balance? Am I missing something obvious?

We need to create a FAQ entry. Comments like this keep coming up which shows a clear lack of understanding on how our wheels work. I get tired of answering the same comment. Thus the need for a FAQ.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

So the continuous beeps are warning of what exactly? I don't understand why the wheel, if it senses something bad, doesn't start to even itself out and kind of roll to a stop while maintaining balance? Am I missing something obvious?

The wheel can't 'slow down' as by doing so it would effectively lose balance therefore you faceplant. The only option we have at the moment is tiltback. And beeps to warn you....

I always hear the beeps on my Z10. As a result I haven't even hit tiltback yet. Not sure I want to tbh. I'm really, really careful at increasing speed around the 24mph mark (max is 28).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

We need to create a FAQ entry. Comments like this keep coming up which shows a clear lack of understanding on how our wheels work. I get tired of answering the same comment. Thus the need for a FAQ.

Hey sorry Marty. Didn't mean to cause any upset! I'll do some googling :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrovertigo said:

IMO the question you posted is fair for even reasonably intelligent people. I do however agree with Old Sweat Marty that answering the same question multiple times would get tiring and an FAQ would be really good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

I just thought I'd give someone else an opportunity to explains things, and to let you know in the meanwhile that it's not as simple as you may think.