THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I have ranted about exactly the same as you....

You could see on his first Tesla Review that it will not be Long that he is crashing! And now he is trying to make some bucks of "Respect the beep" Hoodies???

He better should have printed "respect my brain" on it!

Haha. Exactly  ! I never saw his original review , the guy seems like he is just trying to make money from this accident and he doesn’t see how bad it makes us all look . Or he does and just doesn’t care Bc he wants to sell stupid hoodies . Well I got news for him . None of us will be buying his damn hoodie !!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Colorado CJ said:

Well, I just got back from riding my ACM2 to the post office to drop some packages off.  The postman there and I have known eachother for a few years, so he came outside to see what exactly an electric unicycle is.  

One of the customers also came outside to watch.  It turns out he has a video production/news company that makes films about Northern Colorado.  He was really interested and is wanting to shoot a piece on EUCs with me.  

I said I'd be willing to help, get interviewed and ride for piece.  We'll see.  

Make us proud!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Colorado CJ said:

Well, I just got back from riding my ACM2 to the post office to drop some packages off.  The postman there and I have known eachother for a few years, so he came outside to see what exactly an electric unicycle is.  

One of the customers also came outside to watch.  It turns out he has a video production/news company that makes films about Northern Colorado.  He was really interested and is wanting to shoot a piece on EUCs with me.  

i need some links once its become real! :clap3:

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Colorado CJ said:

Awesome !!! Take the mten with you too!! Getting shipping sorted now !

36 minutes ago, Colorado CJ said:

You should ride your new Mten3.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

This video is posted all over FB and gaining views on YouTube . I’ve gone on his FB posts and asked him kindly to remove the video. He might see this as “cool” or “informative “ or just a way to get seen, it’s none of these. It’s down right stupidity

Right, Why don't we all wander over to facebook for a minute or two and tell This mor-RON what we think of him and his stupid video and hoodie.  He will not like the pressure.  I'm going there right now.

Edit...a few minutes later...I've done it and I didn't mince my words.

EDIT 2 BTW I noticed a few familiar names in the comment section over on Mor-Ron's video, and quite a few of you wrote things that, if not exactly encouraging this idiot, you weren't exactly condemning his actions either.  You might want to go read what you said, and measure it in the light that if this thing gets viewed by a city official in your town/state, bans might start popping up where you live and ride. And It's probably going to end up on a bloopers/epic fail show eventually if we can't get him to take it down. I refer you to @novazeus's sign banning in-line skates, roller skates, and skateboards from his local park.  How long before they specifically name Electric Unicycles as well?

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Right, Why don't we all wander over to facebook for a minute or two and tell This mor-RON what we think of him and his stupid video and hoodie.  He will not like the pressure.  I'm going there right now.

Good idea, I am doing the same right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Smoother said:

EDIT 2 BTW I noticed a few familiar names in the comment section over on Mor-Ron's video, and quite a few of you wrote things that, if not exactly encouraging this idiot, you weren't exactly condemning his actions either.  You might want to go read what you said, and measure it in the light that if this thing gets viewed by a city official in your town/state, bans might start popping up where you live and ride. And It's probably going to end up on a bloopers/epic fail show eventually if we can't get him to take it down. I refer you to @novazeus's sign banning in-line skates, roller skates, and skateboards from his local park.  How long before they specifically name Electric Unicycles as well?

Great . Glad to see you guys stepping up too! This needs to be shut down . Immediately!

29 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Good idea, I am doing the same right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Great . Glad to see you guys stepping up too! This needs to be shut down . Immediately!

Hold the MF phone here guys !!!!

Our boy Ron Ron here has his job listed as paramedic . What ???!!! If this is true ...he should know better !!!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

:furious::furious::furious:

This video is posted all over FB and gaining views on YouTube . I’ve gone on his FB posts and asked him kindly to remove the video. He might see this as “cool” or “informative “ or just a way to get seen, it’s none of these. It’s down right stupidity. FB and YouTube are gigantic social platforms viewed by millions of people . This video paints us all in a bad light . Look at how other countries are already cracking down ! Here in the US we are fortunate to not have any strict laws being imposed upon us right now . But videos like this can make that all change drastically. Blowing through a stop sign while swerving all over the road and damn near crashing into a Porsche is not how I want this sport portrayed to the general public ! I’m so angry right now . This guy has no clue the harm he could be doing . And you know...maybe nothing will come of it . But damn Ron , use some common sense . 

End rant .

Gotway please implement something more useful than bibs..... you cant hear them, grrrr 

Implement vibration/ sound through phone/ headphones.

I think people just can't hear the bib, me included (if I would have heard the bib, I would have slowed down, but I did not hear a thing).

• Upvote 1

Oh, yeah, don't forget to give Mor-Ron A big thumbs down.

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

I think they only give those out after you push your wheel too hard ...ignore the beeps . And then experience a cut out resulting in debilitating injury that ends you in a wheelchair being spoon fed mushed peas for the rest of your life . At this point they go ahead and send you the bib. ?

:roflmao::roflmao:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

This is from a onewheel forum on FB. See...that video is really getting out there.

93D9CE3E-9647-4FB1-B8A9-435EEA5B8DB5.png

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Hold the MF phone here guys !!!!

Our boy Ron Ron here has his job listed as paramedic . What ???!!! If this is true ...he should know better !!!!!

If you really want to piss off Ron send an angry comment :furious: to his employer along with a link to the video. I guarantee North Shore Medical Center would not appreciate that one of their ‘professional’ staff is recklessly endangering pedestrians while advertising he is employed there. 

40167561785_883a38c13b_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

If you really want to piss off Ron send an angry comment :furious: to his employer along with a link to the video. I guarantee North Shore Medical Center would not appreciate that one of their ‘professional’ staff is recklessly endangering pedestrians while advertising he is employed there. 

40167561785_883a38c13b_b.jpg

Tempting ...but idk if I’m that vicious. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

you get it. i’m not the messenger, everybody should realize what i’m talking about could very well happen. i like wheels. i don’t want to see them banned. regardless what segway says, based on the ages of the most fervent riders on this forum and with all what is new in tampa being built next door contiguous with my property, perfect transportation for the 55+ condos here. and all the multi-use paths built throughout the ranch and i won’t even be able to use any of my growing stable of wheels on them. they’ll probably ban inline skates on my multi-use paths as well. talk about really getting screwed. u gotta donate the land, build the paths and u can’t even use them. 

i see the writing on the wall, so i’m not hopeful. soon is my 4 year anniversary of my 3 month to live prognosis, so i’m not bitching. i got all i need right here, and nothing i don’t, the Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want.

20180327_182156

• Like 2

I think we need to take a step back, take a breath, and realize that this was a terrible accident that could happen to anyone (where are @nomad and @EUC GUY:whistling: ).  Ron admitted to his mistake in the video, and he was well geared up thankfully.  The difficulty hearing beeps at high speed is one of the reasons I think having a gentle/moderate tiltback can still be useful in these situations.  I'm sure he's learned his lesson the hard way.  Maybe if the people at Gotway see the video they might be more inclined to revamp their app and firmware to incorporate more safeties for those people who just have to test the limits of their wheels.

What do they say, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones?  :innocent1:  I'm just glad he's alright, the Porsche was unscathed, and lessons were learned.  It could have been worse like ending in a death, permanent disability, damage to expensive property, injury to a child bystander watching the Tesla careening towards them out of control... :blink:  Gotway really needs to work on some sort of permanent, difficult to pass speed barrier to keep the rider safe by default.  It always seems like Gotways are the ones failing when you do a search, and that has given them a bad rep.  I tried searching for a King Song faceplant / top speed fail video, but guess what?  There are none.  Well, except for that one Russian dude, but we won't mention him.  :whistling: 

I think Gotway in their attempt to stay on the cutting edge of producing speedy EUCs should improve on their mandatory safety protocols in their firmware rather than relying on users to set limits prudently.   There's a reason why I can't turn off the tiltback on my Ninebot.  They want to keep me as safe as possible within the wheel's capabilities.  The average rider may not know about torque curves, reserve speed requirements, basic physics, battery characteristics, etc so they may not know that a bad setting could be disastrous.  Gotway needs to ask themselves do they really want to be known as the brand that has the most dangerous crashes on Youtube?  How many more videos or stories do we need to hear before they wake up and emphasize safety over speed?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

skateboards were invented around 60 years ago. it took the skateboarders awhile to get them banned everywhere.

we are in a new age now of smartphones, internet, youtube and maybe facebook for awhile longer. 

everything u post, video etc can and will be used against u and ur activity.

everybody is looking for their 15 minutes of fame or infamy, my rant on society, but dragging an activity down, that most do safely and responsibly, is just selfish. if u wanna be stupid, that’s great, that’s what my ancestors fought for, just don’t plaster it all over the net and disparage the rest. if ron wanted to film the crash, not what i’d do, whatever. but the reckless preamble to the crash is over the top. 

when i was little, i rode in an open willys jeep and in the back of pick up trucks. today a parent would be arrested for that. 

• Like 1

I think he honestly didn't realize he was that close to crashing since he couldn't hear the beeps.  I think he posted the video as a cautionary tale for others to avoid the same mistake he made.  I doubt his intention was to make a fool of himself, but to show how easy it is to accidentally take an electric unicycle beyond its safe limits.

We've all made mistakes and have done things we weren't intending to do.  The key is that we learn from our errors and improve for the future.  Maybe Ron will now respect the limits of these wheels better, make the effort to ride more cautiously and continue promoting his enthusiasm for EUCs in a more responsible way.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think we need to take a step back, take a breath, and realize that this was a terrible accident that could happen to anyone (where are @nomad and @EUC GUY:whistling: ).  Ron admitted to his mistake in the video, and he was well geared up thankfully.  The difficulty hearing beeps at high speed is one of the reasons I think having a gentle/moderate tiltback can still be useful in these situations.  I'm sure he's learned his lesson the hard way.  Maybe if the people at Gotway see the video they might be more inclined to revamp their app and firmware to incorporate more safeties for those people who just have to test the limits of their wheels.

What do they say, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones?  :innocent1:  I'm just glad he's alright, the Porsche was unscathed, and lessons were learned.  It could have been worse like ending in a death, permanent disability, damage to expensive property, injury to a child bystander watching the Tesla careening towards them out of control... :blink:  Gotway really needs to work on some sort of permanent, difficult to pass speed barrier to keep the rider safe by default.  It always seems like Gotways are the ones failing when you do a search, and that has given them a bad rep.  I tried searching for a King Song faceplant / top speed fail video, but guess what?  There are none.  Well, except for that one Russian dude, but we won't mention him.  :whistling: 

I think Gotway in their attempt to stay on the cutting edge of producing speedy EUCs should improve on their mandatory safety protocols in their firmware rather than relying on users to set limits prudently.   There's a reason why I can't turn off the tiltback on my Ninebot.  They want to keep me as safe as possible within the wheel's capabilities.  The average rider may not know about torque curves, reserve speed requirements, basic physics, battery characteristics, etc so they may not know that a bad setting could be disastrous.  Gotway needs to ask themselves do they really want to be known as the brand that has the most dangerous crashes on Youtube?  How many more videos or stories do we need to hear before they wake up and emphasize safety over speed?

Reveal hidden contents

Hey. Im not sure what has been said so far, dont have the time to read it :)..

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think he honestly didn't realize he was that close to crashing since he couldn't hear the beeps.  I think he posted the video as a cautionary tale for others to avoid the same mistake he made.  I doubt his intention was to make a fool of himself, but to show how easy it is to accidentally take an electric unicycle beyond its safe limits.

We've all made mistakes and have done things we weren't intending to do.  The key is that we learn from our errors and improve for the future.  Maybe Ron will now respect the limits of these wheels better, make the effort to ride more cautiously and continue promoting his enthusiasm for EUCs in a more responsible way.

you’re right. there’s no way to know what his intentions were in posting his video. having been involved in a lawsuit almost 20 years ago when the internet and foums were more in their infancy, i was surprised to find out opposing council had evidently had their law clerks scour the internet and had copies of everything i had ever posted. even though i was using a forum name and not my real name. attorneys are pretty clever about taking something u say that well might be innocent and making u appear a reckless fool and endangering society.

my point is, for a plaintiffs attorney, in a personal injury lawsuit for example or a legislator trying to ban euc’s in their community, this forum is pure ambrosia. u notice in the commercials on tv, “do not attempt this” “closed course” “professional stuntman” etc etc, loaded with disclaimers. the usa has waay too many attorneys and they gotta make a buck, so they are gunning for u, some unscrupously. i’m sure guys like @Rehab1 have been called to testify in some cases. 

in florida, especially miami, some of these doctors and attorneys would hire some homeless guy to walk in front of an euc rider on purpose to get hurt, claim soft tissue damage, and score some big bucks. they do it with vehicles all the time because they know they’re insured. if ur operating whatever someplace that’s not legal or specified, u might get slapped with punitive damages also. i’ve got cop buddies that work this fraud full time. it sucks.

like i’ve said before, all u have to do is think, suppose i wanted to ban euc’s on public land, which posts would i use and construe to make my case.

i mean, how on earth did inline skates get banned from my local park???

i’m sure this sign would be interpreted as “scooter riding” to include euc’s.

6D7548D3-9D50-4E2B-BDA3-B22FE5E90D0C.jpeg.3b15b3799627bdf4e26b0279d1452079.jpeg

• Like 2