THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i think a good rule of thumb for riding wheels near pedestrians should be wearing the same protective gear the pedestrians are wearing, none. i know suiting up with a lot of protective gear makes us more daring with our wheels and go faster than we would if we were wearing no protective gear. 

keep it up and wheels will be banned everywhere.

I totally agree, when I ride in the park during festivals, helmet off and all you can see is bike jacket that I spray painted over to hide advertising, it looks like a reg. jacket. I try to blend in as much as possible I guess. Well + gloves :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So I have two questions...

• Is your right knee actually that much lower than your left one, or were you suffering from a Hollywood "wardrobe malfunction"?

Don’t you just hate it @Marty Backe when @The Fat Unicyclist is right all of the time? :laughbounce2:

26118615577_98debd089f_b.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So I have two questions...

• Is your right knee actually that much lower than your left one, or were you suffering from a Hollywood "wardrobe malfunction"?

And while I am somewhat joking, I am also somewhat serious - a fall with your padding in the wrong place could be quite problematic. So is it a design flaw in the knee pad allowing it to slide down, or did you just not tighten it up enough?

• And (off topic a little), was that a wheelchair fishing spot that you stopped in at the end of the pier?

But don't get me wrong, I am not saying it shouldn't be there... Over here though, anyone would simply stop anywhere and cast a line. I wouldn't have ever thought of the need for a designated zone.

Very funny. In post-video production I obviously noticed that my knee pad had slipped. This is very unusual and I obviously didn't notice it at the time. I must not have tightened the strap enough. Normally these pads stay put and never slide down my leg :confused1:

That pier has a bunch of those 'wheelchair' spots, although I doubt they have anything to do with wheelchairs. Google "Venice Fishing Pier" and you'll see how the pier is constructed and why added those features.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

i think a good rule of thumb for riding wheels near pedestrians should be wearing the same protective gear the pedestrians are wearing, none. i know suiting up with a lot of protective gear makes us more daring with our wheels and go faster than we would if we were wearing no protective gear. 

keep it up and wheels will be banned everywhere.

This statement seems a bit bizarre. Riding  with safety gear is going to get EUCs banned everywhere???? :blink1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Don’t you just hate it @Marty Backe when @The Fat Unicyclist is right all of the time? :laughbounce2:

26118615577_98debd089f_b.jpg

Somehow I just knew that I was going to get some commentary on my kneepad.  Maybe I should always wear them this way going forward - as a fashion statement :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

When you took it apart did you notice if the  axle nuts were bigger ? Assuming they should be . Maybe 23 or 24mm nut instead of the 21mm on the older models ?

These new "Tesla" motors have 24mm nuts, just like the Monster.

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This statement seems a bit bizarre. Riding  with safety gear is going to get EUCs banned everywhere???? :blink1:

ur real good with bold type, but not so hot at reading. the point is, ur riding around pedestrians with safety gear. u would probably ride slower if u wore none and less of a danger to the pedestrians around u.

hope this clears this up for u. do u know how easy it would be for a semi retired cattle rancher, or anybody to get electric unicycles banned? God forbid a child could be injured. the legislators are trying to ban assault rifles and they don’t even know what an assault rifle is, nobody does.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

These new "Tesla" motors have 24mm nuts, just like the Monster.

I’ll check this with a wrench when it arrives . In the mean time ....someone digging near my house cut my damn main power line . EST time to have service restored is freakin MONDAY!! :furious:

So off to a hotel now . 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Just to clarify buddy.....if you ride an EUC a long distance in traffic and then arrive at a scenic location occupied by pedestrians you recommend removing your protective gear? 

probably be better not to ride with pefestrians at all. if u rode ur harley to the sidewalk, would u continue to ride ur harley on the sidewalk? i only did that to park.

u, more than anybody else right now, should know the injuries related to euc's. and over the years, u have made ur living i suppose in part from the injuries of others, ie skateboards etc. 

the detail of ur latest injury would be all the ammunition a concerned citizen would need to start the dominoes falling.

euc's probably have less than zero lobbying power(bribes).

let's take ur side, if that's what ur proposing. do u think it's ok to ride a gotway monster at 30+ mph speeds wearing full armor on a pedestrian trail or sidewalk?

Edited by novazeus

36 minutes ago, novazeus said:

.... the legislators are trying to ban assault rifles and they don’t even know what an assault rifle is, nobody does.

Ahem, those of us who have fired, cleaned, qualified with, slept with, lugged around, marched with, cursed at, fired in live exercises or in combat, and endured thousands of hours of training on, certainly do. And that would be a significant portion of the US population, or a majority of the more than 20 million American veterans alive today. And many of them are speaking up in support of a ban on the assault rifles. 

42 minutes ago, novazeus said:

It's real simple: wear full safety gear when riding, and when you stop to mingle with pedestrians, take off any exterior bits and stow them in your backpack. When riding in pedestrian areas, wear the appropriate safety gear and attire for the environment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, litewave said:

Ahem, those of us who have fired, cleaned, qualified with, slept with, lugged around, marched with, cursed at, fired in live exercises or in combat, and endured thousands of hours of training on, certainly do. And that would be a significant portion of the US population, or a majority of the more than 20 million American veterans alive today. And many of them are speaking up in support of a ban on the assault rifles. 

It's real simple: wear full safety gear when riding, and when you stop to mingle with pedestrians, take off any exterior bits and stow them in your backpack. When riding in pedestrian areas, wear the appropriate safety gear and attire for the environment.

seriously, what is an assault rifle?

i own a 6.8 spc mini 30 ranch rifle with a twenty round magazine. it was very difficult to obtain it because it was the preferred rifle of the mercenaries in iraq. i think, blackwater mercs

AR-15-platform rifles are among the most popular firearms being sold. They are today's modern sporting rifle. The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR doesNOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”

Edited by novazeus

28 minutes ago, novazeus said:

probably be better not to ride with pefestrians at all. if u rode ur harley to the sidewalk, would u continue to ride ur harley on the sidewalk? i only did that to park.

u, more than anybody else right now, should know the injuries related to euc's. and over the years, u have made ur living i suppose in part from the injuries of others, ie skateboards etc. 

the detail of ur latest injury would be all the ammunition a concerned citizen would need to start the dominoes falling.

euc's probably have less than zero lobbying power(bribes).

let's take ur side, if that's what ur proposing. do u think it's ok to ride a gotway monster at 30+ mph speeds wearing full armor on a pedestrian trail or sidewalk?

I'm thinking that maybe it's a good thing that you only ride on your ranch ;) You definitely have a unique perspective.

Who exactly is advocating riding any wheels 30+ mph on pedestrian trails? These are strawman arguments.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I do disagree with your premise. I wear lots of safety gear most of the time. It has absolutely zero impact on my ability to slow down and ride responsibly when near people. Perhaps that's just my mentality at work.

that may be true what u say about ur riding. but u aren’t the same as everybody else. laws are written supposedly to keep idiots or crazy people from injuring other citizens. there’s a big rally in dc right now about people trying to ban an inanimate object. 

if there’s no danger to u losing control of ur wheel, why do u wear protective gear? 

how fast is too fast? how big or powerful of a wheel is too much for a sidewalk? inside a store? a government building? why is Bob banned from certain places? pit bulls are banned in miami.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm thinking that maybe it's a good thing that you only ride on your ranch ;) You definitely have a unique perspective.

Who exactly is advocating riding any wheels 30+ mph on pedestrian trails? These are strawman arguments.

are u saying that there is zero chance u could injure somebody else physically or property damage by riding ur wheels? and ur preferred brand is gotway?

59 minutes ago, novazeus said:

That would never be my thought process. I have spoken out emphatically about members riding fast around pedestrians on sidewalks and trails. A video posted 2 weeks ago on the forum depicted a rider on a GW Monster doing just that.  I was pissed at his lack of safety considerations for the public and displayed my anger!  I sincerely hope more members in the future will send similar messages to these idiots! 

@Marty Backe is a responsible rider that initiates caution and slows down when encountering pedestrians. I hope members feel the same way about my respect for the public. IMHO if a rider has gear on and is riding in a safe manner and not poising a threat to bystanders then that is acceptable behavior.

If a rider posts a video on the forum that clearly displays unjustifiable pedestrian endangerment just to gain a few reputations I would deduct 10 reps from his profile immediately! That is one reason why I am not a moderator! 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That would never be my thought process. I have spoken out emphatically about members riding fast around pedestrians on sidewalks and trails. A video posted 2 weeks ago on the forum depicted a rider on a GW Monster doing just that.  I was pissed at his lack of safety considerations for the public and displayed my anger!  I sincerely hope more members in the future will send similar messages to these idiots! 

@Marty Backe is a responsible rider that initiates caution and slows down when encountering pedestrians. I hope members feel the same way about my respect for the public. IMHO if a rider has gear on and is riding in a safe manner and not poising a threat to bystanders then that is acceptable behavior.

If a rider posts a video on the forum that clearly displays unjustifiable pedestrian endangerment just to gain a few reputations I would deduct 10 reps from his profile immediately! That is one reason why I am not a moderator! 

that was marty u were referring to, right? i mean his video on a gotway speeding past pedestrians? not picking on marty, but this forum is public, and in the hands of a goody two shoes, that wants to protect humans from everything, like cancer killing cannabis, (26 million assholes in fl voted against medical marijuana) getting euc’s banned in the usa on public property wouldn’t break a sweat.

it’s not what u do, u may be God on a wheel, it’s what satan does on a gotway monster, laws are supposedly created for.6D7548D3-9D50-4E2B-BDA3-B22FE5E90D0C.jpeg.3b15b3799627bdf4e26b0279d1452079.jpegi mean really, what did some inline skater do to get them banned from the closest park to me that my tax dollars spent. i’ve got inline skates that cost more than euc’s and they are banned. and i like skating more than i do riding wheels. and i have no place to ride them.