THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

17 minutes ago, wuppi said:

Here's some snowy riding again, before it melts away!

I should get a camera stick, and probably an actual camera too :D Lots of looking at the ground, which I just can't seem to help.

yes a camera stick is almost mandatory for fliming a euc ride. people cant just run besides you :D

but no need to get a camera. i took these shots on my phone

the camera wont make your shots better. unless youre so good that you get limited by your phone. and even there it is not needed

gotway tesla. in all its beauty

Edited by Shad0z
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

@Marty Backe  Seriously, that trolley handle you have strapped to the back of your MTen3 is cracking me up.  Hilarious!

Yet I use it all the time :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Nice forwards/backwards transition @Marty Backe .  Looking quite "Hollywood", there, with your cool shades and (fill in the blank) movie star hair. :clap3:

I have to try and fit in with the area B)There were two separate film shoots going on around me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I have to try and fit in with the area B)There were two separate film shoots going on around me.

Did you try to wheel around in the background. In which movies/tv shows should we look for you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A cold (30s F) windy Gotway Monster ride along the causeway to Marblehead Neck , Massachusetts.
March 21, 2018
Surfer up, hard to see,  at 2:08 and 3:08

You might want to tie up those backpack straps. Who knows if one might get sucked into the wheel and break your spine or something.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

You might want to tie up those backpack straps. Who knows if one might get sucked into the wheel and break your spine or something.

?

Maybe a new pack is in order......been looking for one.....In my Ninebot One days it wasn't an issue. The straps constantly come undone. Missing a buckle too.  It's my old 'went up Mt Washington frequently and once with skiis attached pack'. THANKS

The skiis attached ascent was up to the top of 'Hillman's highway' ....wicked steep on all fours climb. Decided to side step back down after taking one roll.....too narrow... Too steep....for me.....Tuckerman's Ravine shelter to Pinkham Notch trail....no problems.

https://www.powderproject.com/trail/7000185/hillmans-highway

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A cold (30s F) windy Gotway Monster ride along the causeway to Marblehead Neck , Massachusetts.
March 21, 2018
Surfer up, hard to see,  at 2:08 and 3:08

Those sure look like tough surfing conditions (cold and rocky).

What's with all of those stones on the sidewalk?

Nice to see how much you enjoy riding your Monster Bob :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

The last Northeasterly storm surge pushed the beach stones on the ocean side up and over the wall. Really really big tidal flow this last storm with full moon adding to the wind driven storm flow.

Surfers show up year round there when the waves are rideable......in wetsuits.

Thanks for the 'quick shutdown' tip on Gotways.....the ACM2 looks like fun.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

?

Maybe a new pack is in order......been looking for one.....In my Ninebot One days it wasn't an issue. The straps constantly come undone. Missing a buckle too.  It's my old 'went up Mt Washington frequently and once with skiis attached pack'. THANKS

I love old backpacks, and I bet you love that one. Just tie them up and keep a close eye on them as part of your riding routine. Or maybe you can take some scissors to them.

35 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The town of Scituate on the sandier South shore of Boston took a surf pounding.

https://youtu.be/gc-R9ZcfGls

That's intense. I wonder if that's something like a 100-year event or do they see that every year or so? I don't think I'd like to be in any of those homes during those times :cry2:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The geology of Cape Cod

https://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/capecod/glacial.html

follows a melting ice sheet , extending to Canada) timeline with melting glacial sandy outwash forming both Cape Cod and Revere Beach.

The geology of North of Boston including Cape Ann and the town of Rockport includes rock forming magma periods.

Extending out from Boston and into the harbor are the rocky harbor islands. Inland, including the surrounding neighborhoods, topography exists as various 'bubbly' rock hills.

In New Hampshire and in Montreal the effect of the 'New England hotspot' is a track extension of under water volcanic structures (off the Continental shelf seen in Google Earth ocean) formed by 'the hot spot'. These are an extinct volcanic chain of structures called 'seamounts'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Seamounts

The theory is a super hot 'spot' which contacted the earths crust and progressively moved in the direction away from the White mountains before cooling off.

"As the continent drifted to the west, the hotspot gradually moved offshore. "

While my timeline of events (ice age, New England hotspot, melting ice sheets, Boston harbor islands, Cape Ann Granite and other rock)  is unclear , these events collectively distinguish the sandier South shore coast  of Boston from the rockier North shore coast up to about Cape Ann.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

wonder if that's something like a 100-year event

The weather people say once in a lifetime.....the governor's pitch for infrastructure improvements projects the global warming trend in sea level too.

• Like 1

do you remember when i said that i was going to make a tesla video?

it will happen. But im unlucky with my tesla so that has delayed me. I have some video editing work also. 

and of course. Procrastination

so my tesla video project is moving at snail speed. <_<

but weather is good, tesla control board soon here.

no selfiestick... :/  

but im getting closer to making it..

but dont worry it will be made -_-

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

@Scouts Honor , @meepmeepmayer 

During the winter Olympics in South Korea a local ski mountain with a good ski racing program ran an ad mentioning US team member Krause.

https://www.skiracing.com/stories/u-s-ski-teams-krause-suffers-broken-leg

A prodigy of the New England private school system, emphasizing ski racing, Krause made the team and went to train at 'Innerkrems' , Austria, a few hundred kilometers from Munich. He had a serious fall in training, suffered a (compound fracture ) broken leg and was airlifted and treated in Austria.

Apparently he's on the mend and has had some other ski related injuries in his career and pursuit of a spot on the US team.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1