THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Nice. Now you need to practice this while holding your hands behind your back. I'm not there yet, but working on it.

I never do those for nearly that long because I've heard that's a good way to potentially blow a board. But then again I ride Gotway's :facepalm:

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 1:37 PM, Rehab1 said:

Plesse share the new regulations. It may be a huge benefit to open other committee doors. 

Here are the regs. Make sure if you get your committee interested, be sure to explain the difference between e-bikes and unicycles. Boise went with a 750 watt motor cap because they didn’t think thru the differences well. I will push them next year to limit the speed instead of motor size. 

https://parks.cityofboise.org/news/2017/12/boise-city-council-approves-electronic-bicycle-(e-bike)-changes-to-city-ordinance/

• Like 1

Your comment, below, regarding the Solowheel ad....

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

They should really have riders with protective gear on.  

I don't see you wearing any in your video? :P:efeebb3acc:

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice. Now you need to practice this while holding your hands behind your back. I'm not there yet, but working on it.

I never do those for nearly that long because I've heard that's a good way to potentially blow a board. But then again I ride Gotway's :facepalm:

I do it to a point where i get the clicking noise heard similar to the violent testing done with the king song factory testing video.  at least if the board blows, i won't fall too badly.  that is always in the back of my mind when i do these.  But again, i'm not as violent as this guy holding on the railing - 

Not using your hands huh?  Sounds fun, will give it a try.

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TremF said:

Your comment, below, regarding the Solowheel ad....

I don't see you wearing any in your video? :P:efeebb3acc:

my excuse is i'm not really riding and i'm not promoting this.  but you got me there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah. The whole blown board thing scares me while doing this too. Hands behind the back you say ?? ? My Mten3 makes a funny noise when doing this ...maybe I should stop . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I never do those for nearly that long because I've heard that's a good way to potentially blow a board.

we all heard that, but I don't remember a single report about such incident. I think the danger is greatly exaggerated. I remember reports of blowing the board by trying to overcome a small obstacle in a super-low speed. I remember troubles when wheel got stuck, but don't remember any from doing tic-tac or pendulum.  Tic-tac is in fact equivalent to series of accelerations and breaking. The change of direction makes no difference. Of course, tic-tac adds some stress to the wheel and raises the temperature of the board - but I don't think that somebody will try doing it long enough to present a real danger. Long mountain climbs put a lot more stress on the wheel, IMHO.

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

My Mten3 makes a funny noise when doing this ...maybe I should stop . 

these clicking motor sounds are absolutely normal and don't threaten the control board. Don't stop :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Yeah. The whole blown board thing scares me while doing this too. Hands behind the back you say ?? ? My Mten3 makes a funny noise when doing this ...maybe I should stop . 

For the Mten3 the biggest threat on iddling will be a battery failure, like several Mten users allready had.

The original Mten3 pack, which is a bit different designed than the other GW packs,  has a Kind of design flaw, that on one nickel Strip , connecting the 2 parallel series,  this Strip carries the complete amperage produced by the pack. That will/might blow....

I dont see a danger of blowing the board when idling. If you do it for longer the temperature of the board should rise and warn you before it blows.

Nonetheless i would NOT advise to do that for longer. It just puts incredible stress onto the mosfets AND especially on the battery.

And yes, it stresses this parts even more than going up a middle to very steep hill.

You can observe that on every amp logging app like wheellog or darkness.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

@Jeffrey Scott Will when did you make this? What a terrific video!

Living on the wild side ;) But having that much saltwater sloshing about in the Wheel housing is going to reek havoc to the motor internals over time, there's no proper sealing around the axle area, some of that highly corrosive sea-water is going to find it's way into the stator.  

You can tell me "I told you so" if I ever call you because my MSuper motor stopped working :P

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

No, the Mten3 makes all kinds groaning sounds. It's just the motor. It's normal.

6 hours ago, trya said:

we all heard that, but I don't remember a single report about such incident. I think the danger is greatly exaggerated. I remember reports of blowing the board by trying to overcome a small obstacle in a super-low speed. I remember troubles when wheel got stuck, but don't remember any from doing tic-tac or pendulum.  Tic-tac is in fact equivalent to series of accelerations and breaking. The change of direction makes no difference. Of course, tic-tac adds some stress to the wheel and raises the temperature of the board - but I don't think that somebody will try doing it long enough to present a real danger. Long mountain climbs put a lot more stress on the wheel, IMHO.

these clicking motor sounds are absolutely normal and don't threaten the control board. Don't stop :)

Some Doctor was on here for about a month, one year ago.  He bought a few NineBots for himself and his sons. and some upgrade wheels in short order.  Practiced in a racquetball court.  He damaged his control board from agressive idling.  He was a prolific poster for a month, then disappeared.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I do it to a point where i get the clicking noise heard similar to the violent testing done with the king song factory testing video.  at least if the board blows, i won't fall too badly.  that is always in the back of my mind when i do these.  But again, i'm not as violent as this guy holding on the railing - 

Not using your hands huh?  Sounds fun, will give it a try.

That vid depicts why I ride a KingSong and not a Gotway.  Strong, safe, quality ride. 

Now that my KS18S can do 30mph, I am convinced that I own the best wheel made.. hands down.  Right up until the KS18L comes out.. and trust me.. I’m saving my beans. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

idk where to share this, but im making them now. Slowly filling the box up. :)
Abs plastic, pretty much impossible to break it by hand.

For some reason my camera REALLY love colors and bumped that waaay up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

10 hours.. :)

I’d like to purchase one for my monster in black, how do I purchase one?

THANKS

Edited by Mrd777