THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Based on the handle, that's either a Inmotion or Ninebot

That looked like the handle on either and Inmotion V5 or a Solowheel scorpion.  The wheel looked black.  

That is no place to be riding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can anyone actually work out what happens to him here? Doesn't look like a cut-off or hitting anything.. sort of like he just slips one foot back or something?

Handle definitely suggests a v5/v5f....although I see more and more generic wheels that have 'borrowed' that handle design now.

Edited by Paddylaz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Can anyone actually work out what happens to him here?

This looks like a tilt-back induced crashed - the pedals clearly tilted backwards and he slid off from the back.  @Marty Backe's quote, looked like that to me also, but the pedals tilted so far back that it almost looked like an overbrake cutoff, or he was braking and the wheel suddenly stopped balancing.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Based on the handle, that's either a Inmotion or Ninebot. I'm sure someone else would be better at identifying it.

This looks like a tilt-back induced crashed - the pedals clearly tilted backwards and he slid off from the back. Stay away from low powered wheels folks.

if you click on the link it saids its a rockwheel gt16 on the facebook post

well i feel better choosing the tesla over a gt16. especially with the built quality inconsistencies on the gt16, and this 

and im definetly not touching that tiltback -_-

Edited by Shad0z

Yeah I can't wait to get an Android device this week and turn off tilt-back on my MCM-3. Going down steep hills and then tilt-back kicks in, you have to lean way way back just to be able to brake.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Chow Loong Jin He was cruising at 49 before, but he crashed at 47, and during a deceleration

Wow, that's 30mph.  I didn't know Rockwheel could go that fast.  Probably never heard the beeps.

suppose he was on a pedestrian path and his wheel careening forward hit someone.

this is why i’m afraid when these wheels get better and more popular, they’ll get noticed by lawmakers and get banned. no sidewalks, no multi use paths, and definitely no roads. private property and trails for motorized vehicles, like dirt bike paths. 

best case scenario, a detuned wheel like 9bot1s1 on pedestrian/bicycle paths, might be allowed. in the usa, in court, for some physical or property damage, probably somewhere in the realm of reckless endangerment. segway will sell u one but explictly stress where not to ride it and not tell u where u can. CYA baby.

EUC parks . kinda like when i got into rc helis. had to join ama for insurance and fly on private property or an ama field. without rc planes, there wouldn’t have been flying fields, the rc heli community was too small. 

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, we all know that Gotway really sucks in this regards. On a positive note, looks like since the introduction of the Tesla, Gotway wheels now shut down rapidly.

WHAT!  No more GW dance?  :crying: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

This looks like a tilt-back induced crashed - the pedals clearly tilted backwards and he slid off from the back. 

I saw the same thing. I tried to clean up the low pixel shot but you can clearly see the tilt back. Does anyone know if he was injured?

26886340948_013a16f848_z.jpg

• Like 1

this is why i’m replacing my low density foam, which isn’t bad, better that hard plastic, with the blue pool float type sleeve. trying to minimize after crash damage. not happy about the one time so far the 18s kept running while laying out it’s side. only once so far. this is to protect Bob if Bob ever gets controllable.Bob has a strong sense of self preservation. i doubt i could hit him with a euc if i tried, he’s very quick and agile. i’d never ride near people unless explicitly stated as a legal path and some kind of insurance. in florida some unscruplous attorney or chiropractor would find somebody to purposely cause an accident. pretty sure last time i talked to my fdle friends, miami was numero uno for vehicle insurance fraud.

everybody thinks that couldn’t happen to me, i’m trying to learn as much as i can to plan for it.

IMG_5014.JPG.9de74f4244ad54bb5faa9c222492e895.JPGIMG_5009.JPG.830bfb1cbf01289d7b95c18b9049cccb.JPGIMG_4800.JPG.a882110ec661c8a3de4e924b695deee0.JPG

4 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Can anyone actually work out what happens to him here? Doesn't look like a cut-off or hitting anything.. sort of like he just slips one foot back or something?

Handle definitely suggests a v5/v5f....although I see more and more generic wheels that have 'borrowed' that handle design now.

He definately had a power failure. Looks a little bit like a ks14d , an ips, and a couple of others. That strap did absolutely no good to keep the vehicle near him or himself on it. Thats the sign of a beginner. An enthusiastic beginner. Second thought, none of those vehicles can go that fast, 39kph when he fell. Thats a gotway folks!

A tiltback would have bounced him up a tiny bit before he slipped off the back of the pedals, since you raise to the front on your toes when it hits to counter it. The EUC just looses top center power and flows backwards which is where most of his weight was since he was at cruising speed with that backpack on. This was what happened to me when I ignored the beeps on my ks14b except mine rolled forward since thats where my weight was due to my acceleration posture to get upto speed. My wrist, elbow, and knees took most of my impact. He braced with his face. Thats why I say dont always lead with your strengths. ;)

Poor soul probably couldnt hear the low beeping while in traffic driving so close to that retaining wall. They always amplify the sound reflecting it back into traffic, but this time the cars were louder. The V5F is such a subtle lean, you just think you are slightly going uphill. Its about a 7° maximum lean.

Edited by Stan Onymous
Accuracy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Second thought, none of those vehicles can go that fast, 39kph when he fell. Thats a gotway folks!

is a rockwheel gt16, it siads that on the facebook post ;) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The only, and I really mean the ONLY thing stopping me from getting a Rockwheel are all the question marks with safety. Sort of the same with Gotway, but with Gotway it's more that I don't find them attractive.

The GT16 is such a cool looking beast, especially the red/black combo. And yet the 'ratio' of owners to accidents seems disturbing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

The only, and I really mean the ONLY thing stopping me from getting a Rockwheel are all the question marks with safety. Sort of the same with Gotway, but with Gotway it's more that I don't find them attractive.

The GT16 is such a cool looking beast, especially the red/black combo. And yet the 'ratio' of owners to accidents seems disturbing.

there is also a thread on the mods and repairs with gt16 mods and upgrades.. where the mojority of the post is about the sheel has craked multiple places

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow. Great demonstration on why you shouldn't ride close to traffic

It looks like he was caught off guard when that car got so close and he tried to brake hard. 

• Like 1