THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

21 hours ago, novazeus said:

that would be fine. u can’t be that much older? unless u want to really rough it in the cargo container with me and Bob, or i have a couple of tents, u may have to get a room closeby. 

what lies ahead? i hope ur an angel and ur talking about Heaven. my shit is so up in the air now, i don’t even plan tmrw until after my first cup of coffee. just being practical. i figure terminal cancer is just life saying “ok, u can stop now” and u ask, “stop what” and life says “everything” “just stop” its really when u learn to just live for this exact moment over and over until u stop living, like flying a helicopter, only one focus cause that bitch is always hunting the ground.

but i’m all about picking brains of somebody that’s walked a different path from me.

wait, i forgot, i can put in in my boat, it’s waay nicer than the container. i’d be living in it now except for Bob tearing it up or falling off it. i should have it all hooked up pretty soon. that was the original plan. buy this particular type of boat cuddy cabin or yacht, the biggest trailerable with the cheap oversize permit without chase vehicle and live on it at the ranch while fixing it up.F8E76C74-696B-4072-9E50-9170F383F6FB.jpeg.39e9c9304b1dad222a98a73133970792.jpegFA0D3966-F4AD-4C3C-BCAB-D2EBFD9914BF.jpeg.3a09892032f89b4e6087da2e24fcfaaf.jpegBD2F94E2-8353-47C8-9655-F7DA0F146755.thumb.jpeg.0fe4cc6bae7146090719142c5a396b36.jpeg50A16C05-893A-40B1-89FE-FAC794454C46.thumb.jpeg.e0af0df6a0dc133cc686f45231222fa3.jpeg

Oh, I'm definitely older than you.  Today is my birthday and I'm 68.  That's one sweet boat.  And Bob seems awesome.  Let me know if you want some company, and I'll mosey down your way when the job permits.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, radial said:

Oh, I'm definitely older than you.  Today is my birthday and I'm 68.  That's one sweet boat.  And Bob seems awesome.  Let me know if you want some company, and I'll mosey down your way when the job permits.  

the yacht broker that sold me my boat in ft lauderdale 2015, Ned Bruck, my age 63, went to university of tampa, lifetime of selling yachts, my boat was a yacht tender fishing boat for a mega yacht btw, died this morning. woke up this morning and saw it on my fb.he was my friend.

29 minutes ago, novazeus said:

the yacht broker that sold me my boat in ft lauderdale 2015, Ned Bruck, my age 63, went to university of tampa, lifetime of selling yachts, my boat was a yacht tender fishing boat for a mega yacht btw, died this morning. woke up this morning and saw it on my fb.he was my friend.

Godspeed, Ned.  Sorry for your loss, nova.  

28 minutes ago, radial said:

Godspeed, Ned.  Sorry for your loss, nova.  

might not wanna be around me. Ned knew my situation, i was suppose to go before him, he wasn’t sick.

my future epitath: i toldja i was sick

i know not original, but my tombstone is shaped like a urinal.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 2:15 AM, gotmotion2016 said:

Heerlijk zo'n ritje, doe ik ook graag, maar neem niet (meer) de moeite om te filmen.

Je kunt ook een wandeling van een paar uur maken, maar zo zie je toch 5 keer zoveel :) 

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

my tombstone is shaped like a urinal.

:roflmao: .  In my mind you sound like this:

hopefully, you don't sound like this.  I hunted for a prized wheeled transport device and a driveway. How did I do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

:roflmao: .  In my mind you sound like this:

hopefully, you don't sound like this.  I hunted for a prized wheeled transport device and a driveway. How did I do?

i don’t think i sound like either but i hate hearing a recording of my voice. those guys are actors and i like their work. too bad paul reubens was busted in sarasota for jerking off in a movie theater. playing a cowboy and being a cowboy are two very different things.

honestly, i think the public, when they see somebody on a wheel, they probably liken them more to peewee herman character than the characters sam elliot plays. i’m not saying i think that, i’ve learned a lot about the personalities of people that choose riding wheels and my take away, and of course i’m talking generalities, is different. like, there’s a certain panache of riding a horse as opposed to a wheel.riding a horse is a lot more dangerous than riding a wheel. and a lot more difficult. 

here’s a sampling of my voice in this video, ugh. enjoy

https://youtu.be/jqo5_sx-gVE

• Like 1

I didn't post these earlier. The local high school students marched into DC to protest school gun violence. They took the Metro to Union Station, then marched to the Capitol building and down the National Mall to the White House where they staged a sit-in. I didn't do a Marty-quality shot on these, in the one you can see the Capitol just behind the trees as the students march across. 

Hope you can see these, I just created an album from Google Photos rather than upload to YouTube. Just click on the video to see it in full screen with audio.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOtnevLgmJNwPql4I_SoueoOdQ7J0ZeLjBSSA2914IvAqwfPzaFoHWOlXosA_3zNA?key=ZjZTYTMyTFIzaDRKTUwzVVU5bExjU3JYTll3bzZ3

@Marty Backe we ice cubes follow your rides with interest and envy, but, where the flock are you? I mean, would it be too much to ask for a map of some sort, so we can better visualize your exploits?

That was a great video. Loved the music. Great filming. It was almost a Commercial for EUCs, even with grey skies.  You're really coming along as a videologist.  Sorry, I'm out of "ups" again.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

Wow, that's a good looking wheel.  Me likey.

Yeah that MCM5 looks really cool.  I wish they had a top hidden from the side handle maybe as there's enough room.  I don't know if I like the big GW logo, but I appreciate that they are embracing the recognizable symbols.  I think FORD has the most recognized logo in the world with their oval emblem.  I wish that the fake side intake vents were maybe lights instead.  Red in back, white in front, or give an option to disco-fy them maybe.  I also wish that they had some sort of bumper/skid pads incorporated in strategic spots along the front edges and sides maybe.  Slim, rubberized strips that are integrated would be a nice touch and not hugely noticeable.

They should also ridge the smoked cover panels so that the LED lights aren't so round.  The Ninebot One has little ridges in the light ring that diffuses the light a little making them appear larger in area rather than distinct round light spots.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Yeah that MCM5 looks really cool.  I wish they had a top hidden from the side handle maybe as there's enough room.  I don't know if I like the big GW logo, but I appreciate that they are embracing the recognizable symbols.  I think FORD has the most recognized logo in the world with their oval emblem.  I wish that the fake side intake vents were maybe lights instead.  Red in back, white in front, or give an option to disco-fy them maybe.  I also wish that they had some sort of bumper/skid pads incorporated in strategic spots along the front edges and sides maybe.  Slim, rubberized strips that are integrated would be a nice touch and not hugely noticeable.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It was splendid!  There was a surprise big bang ending as well!  Did Mrs. Lincoln have a lot of wishes too?  I'm even less familiar with US Presidential wives... :huh:

Not so unfamiliar that you didn't get the reference (well played). No, she didn't, but it was a bit of a shit evening, all things considered.  Still, look on the bright side; she didn't have to wake up to that face every morning, after that; great man though he was.  (that was me being PC).  It's just what came to mind when I read your little moan.. "I'll have what she's having"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johrhoj said:
On 1-3-2018 at 2:15 AM, gotmotion2016 said:

Heerlijk zo'n ritje, doe ik ook graag, maar neem niet (meer) de moeite om te filmen.

Je kunt ook een wandeling van een paar uur maken, maar zo zie je toch 5 keer zoveel :) 

Filmen doe ik ook niet veel meer, maar ritjes maken blijft op het wiel errug leuk.

Van de zomer misschien wel meer, nu worden je handen zo koud :wacko:

11 hours ago, radial said:

Hey man, you're fine.  There's no guarantee for any of us that we'll wake up among the living on any given morning.  You just need to keep on living like there's no tomorrow.  Because eventually there won't be, and on that day how stupid would it be if you hadn't been living life to the fullest possible extent?  Be well, friend.  

Well stated! Printing out a copy for my wife to read.

• Like 1