THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Its finally here! My 70 mph capable wheel. I only did 47.8 mph on my first ride with it. Just cause it can do 70 doesn't mean I have to.  Still that's faster than I would have taken the Master on that same stretch.  The master torque-limit feel starts around 45 and only with tail-wind and down-hill do I get it over 50 (51.7 mph is my max on the Master).  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Robse said:

Greed obviously knows no bounds.

You are not wrong my friend. YT Ads are the bane of my life, and I'm not even in the group of people for whom adblocker doesn't work any more yet !

And the sheer fucking rudeness of the price they want to charge for ad-free is staggering, considering they don't make any original content at all. They want more than I am currently paying for Netflix per month, which seems utterly insane to me given the amount of vastly expensive original content they DO create. I would feel slightly better about YT if I thought creators were being paid fairly by the platform, but of course, like artists on spotify, they are not.

More widely the constant presence of ads almost everywhere online depresses me to the max and I fiercely resist it in the ever-diminishing areas where I still have some choice about it. On the plus side, at least our brains can adapt to some extent and utterly defocus / do something else whilst adverts are running. I always consider it a small (although admittedly somewhat pyrrhic) victory every time I am shown an advert I can't recall anything about 1 second later, which seems the norm for me these days ! :)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Robse said:

When enough is enough.

Greed obviously knows no bounds.
Latest attempt to increase earnings at "Lalfatbet"

"Soon, YouTube ads might not leave you alone even when you pause a video."

https://www.androidauthority.com/youtube-pause-ads-3437531/

It is simply sickening to the core.

As if there aren't enough commercials, the future will be
so that there are probably advertisements all the time.
Who wants to watch an instructional video on how to switch
a tire when every time you need a break you have to
deal with clingy advertisements? Sick and to puke.

It's just around the corner that I pull the plug
to this total madness.  I am well aware that this
is not a "political financial" forum, but precisely because this
thread basically contains nothing but links to large and
small creators of videos, people who want to show what they
do in their spare time, inspire others, show joy and enthusiasm,
all of this is being quietly undermined by advertising doing nothing else
but indoctrinate the population to buy a whole lot of stuff that are actually
not needed at all.

I am disgusted, and hope that as many as possible may see where it leads
and that way either looking for other opportunities, or simply leaving it
because this sick system does not deserve anything else.

we need to swap platform...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've never had ads on internet and despite this year's new YT restrictions there are still and always will be new solutions that outdo their shit
I mean even paying for premium doesn't offer auto skip for intro and included sponsorships like the free bypass methods

I was talking about a video with a co-worker he took out his iphone to show it to me, there was almost more advertising time than content, I don't know how you cope with this every day I didn't even finish the video because it made me sick

• Like 2

"Soon, YouTube ads might not leave you alone even when you pause a video."

-- I pay for a YT subscription to bypass the advertising.  It works and saves me time.  Considering time is money in a way... its worth it to me.

Anyway, Why did I get sad reactions on the vid above (1st ride on EB GT)?

So here's the 2nd/3rd rides on my work commute today:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Anyway, Why did I get sad reactions on the vid above (1st ride on EB GT)?

The wind noise makes the video unwatchable for me. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Why did I get sad reactions on the vid above

I did it because it's a hyped up wheel that someone has already cut out at 55mph and i don't want you to kill yourself on it. The owner said the wheel didn't even beep at him before cut out. If it was an Inmotion wheel there would already be 3 threads about how dangerous it is. I enjoy watching your vids. this wheel has me skeptical though.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I did it because : I found it sad to see you unprotected on this
  wheel at a fast pace. We are happy to see you in good health and enjoying life but with more clothes, try a helmet and a jacket. I hope like you to ride as late as possible.

Edited by varamontelo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I did it because it's a hyped up wheel that someone has already cut out at 55mph and i don't want you to kill yourself on it. The owner said the wheel didn't even beep at him before cut out. If it was an Inmotion wheel there would already be 3 threads about how dangerous it is. I enjoy watching your vids. this wheel has me skeptical though.

Thank you!

And wow, I didn't know about the 55 cutout.  I can say that I found that torque-limit feel on my ride today between 48 to 50 and peaked 53 when I had tailwinds going both to and from work today.    Looking at the app after the ride, I did 14 miles round trip, 77% bat remaining avg 30.6 mph, max 53.2 mph.  

3 hours ago, varamontelo said:

I did it because : I found it sad to see you unprotected on this
  wheel at a fast pace. We are happy to see you in good health and enjoying life but with more clothes, try a helmet and a jacket. I hope like you to ride as late as possible.

LOL, thank.  I'm only here because I've been riding a good long time and many circumstances (including with my dogs), not because of crashing saved by gear.  Don't crash!  :) 

---

Here's an oldie with my dogs for the Video thread theme.  Oh and I did wear a helmet for eye protection, earplugs tooo!  :D 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Very nice video @EMA!  Trails here are nice but wow, that's truly beautiful there!

A couple years ago I got to teach Tyler to ride.  Today he tried out the Master while I'm still new on the EB GT Pro.

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

A couple years ago I got to teach Tyler to ride.  Today he tried out the Master while I'm still new on the EB GT Pro.

thanks man !

i liked the hand steering at speed ;) smart move B)

On 5/5/2024 at 10:05 AM, Forwardnbak said:

Thanks for another video @Forwardnbak. I see you are still slipping out around corners and such. IMO that factory tire sucks. It's probably decent for street riding but even then it makes a ton of noise. I changed mine to a knobby and it's been great ever since, just not great on the street anymore..:D. I have decided this wheel will be my dedicated off road wheel so it's street performance isn't important to me. What's your opinion on it now that you have had a chance to test it out some more?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Thanks for another video @Forwardnbak. I see you are still slipping out around corners and such. IMO that factory tire sucks. It's probably decent for street riding but even then it makes a ton of noise. I changed mine to a knobby and it's been great ever since, just not great on the street anymore..:D. I have decided this wheel will be my dedicated off road wheel so it's street performance isn't important to me. What's your opinion on it now that you have had a chance to test it out some more?

i love the T4/Extreme/Patton stock tire, will never change it :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I had such a fun roll on this video it left me hungry for a little more. I am really impressed with the v14 now in the gnarly tight stuff it feels perfect. I am really only gaining my confidence back on it and starting to feel like it holds up really well. 
It is small. I am big. 
This has been a decent transition for me, after so long on V13 I was a little lazy with my technique and I think V14 has reminded me to get my body placement right and it keeps you in line. Things like the little drifts on corners and fast twists are why I like this smaller wheel. gets my heart racing feeling like the wheel is about to fall over and you need your acrobatic skills to keep it rolling in the tighter tracks. 

I am stock tyre king! I think I only ever tried one non stock tyre and it fell off. 
I agree a good tyre would eat up those trails. 

I just opened the E20 :) had a little roll and HA! Two wheel feel. pretty fun! My kids were picking it up in a couple of minutes but it got dark. 
Do we have a thread on E20? 

• Like 1