THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

20 minutes ago, avevo said:

"You better watch out, you better watch out..."

These roads are in bad condition - it's pretty lucky that it doesn't go wrong when
you hit these invisible potholes ( 1:19  & 2:25 and more ) :)
3:07 police coming up from behind?

• Like 1

And now Chooch has fallen off his downhill at vast speed...

Has to be said these lynxes are coming out of these epic crashes surprisingly well !

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

and I'm not at all envious of Mr. Chooch, it's just because going downhill at high speed and wobbles sounds so familiar.:P

choccrashn.jpg

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 1

Hello Nov' I like these videos in real nature, images without artifice, full of authenticity, a reflection of the majority of the environment chosen by wheelers. Here we have the camera facing the earth. Before moving forward you can raise the objective so that the horizon appears while driving. Nice visit, the suspensions have a good setting for this image resolution, thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Robse said:

and I'm not at all envious of Mr. Chooch, it's just because going downhill at high speed and wobbles sounds so familiar.:P

choccrashn.jpg

Stop stalking the poor crash tester. (Wanted to say "crash dummy", but it would not sound that nice..) At least he's doing the good work.. Showing us that you can walk away of crash and you don't need to worry about crashing.

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

another silly ankle cam. 

Could have put the camera angle little bit higher. So we could see the horizon. It would be nicer video then. :)  Otherwise we see only grass. :D 

Also seeing horizon - we could see how the suspension is working much better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

i have a new one uploading now as i wait for fedex to deliver the 70lb lynx.

trying to do an objective wheel suspension test.

s22 750lb s22 900lb v13 90/80 tire v13 knobby, lynx 66lb lynx 70lb

this new one has some wildlife and cows but real jerky. i just wrapped the arm band thing around the front handle.

ha, with the spring breakers here i thought this might take days over wireless, but here it is. 

work in progress, without much effort from me.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i have a new one uploading now as i wait for fedex to deliver the 70lb lynx.

trying to do an objective wheel suspension test.

s22 750lb s22 900lb v13 90/80 tire v13 knobby, lynx 66lb lynx 70lb

this new one has some wildlife and cows but real jerky. i just wrapped the arm band thing around the front handle.

ha, with the spring breakers here i thought this might take days over wireless, but here it is. 

work in progress, without much effort from me.

Holly DUCK my brain hurts watching it now!!! Go back! Go back to ground angle. What have i done!!!! Noooo!

Why so much shaking? On the ground angle camera didn't shake that much.. Did you attach the camera to your limp... D.. I will stop here. :whistling:

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Funky said:

Holly DUCK my brain hurts watching it now!!! Go back! Go back to ground angle. What have i done!!!! Noooo!

Why so much shaking? On the ground angle camera didn't shake that much.. Did you attach the camera to your limp... D.. I will stop here. :whistling:

it is what it is. that’s the iphone attached to the front bumper handle.

notice how smooth on pavement?

i’m gonna try a more rigid mount that i can move from wheel to wheel.

the object isn’t image stabilization of viewing my raw land, it’s a demonstration of how well the different suspensions and tires work on raw earth. i think many on this forum have never seen, “native florida pastures”.

this is a ranch, not a farm. there is no soil disturbance or grading happening since the beginning of this planet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Funky said:

Holly DUCK my brain hurts watching it now!!!

haha, u should try riding it!

i can hear the motor and suspension working!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, novazeus said:

it is what it is. that’s the iphone attached to the front bumper handle.

notice how smooth on pavement?

i’m gonna try a more rigid mount that i can move from wheel to wheel.

the object isn’t image stabilization of viewing my raw land, it’s a demonstration of how well the different suspensions and tires work on raw earth. i think many on this forum have never seen, “native florida pastures”.

this is a ranch, not a farm. there is no soil disturbance or grading happening since the beginning of this planet.

Yeah on pavement all wheels will perform more or less the same.. (Smooth riding.)

Yeah i can imagine going over ranch fields, where human has never touched those fields.. Luckily i have no need to ride something like that and i don't want suspension in first place. :D 

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

haha, u should try riding it!

i can hear the motor and suspension working!

I bet your brain is banging in the head also.. Up/Down all the time. Have ridden over roots, and some fields myself on the ks18xl.. Each time i hit something - i worry i will break the axle. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yeah on pavement all wheels will perform more or less the same.. (Smooth riding.)

Yeah i can imagine going over ranch fields, where human has never touched those fields.. Luckily i have no need to ride something like that and i don't want suspension in first place. :D 

I bet your brain is banging in the head also.. Up/Down all the time. Have ridden over roots, and some fields myself on the ks18xl.. Each time i hit something - i worry i will break the axle. :D 

my teeth chatter.

i have to hold my mouth a certain way.

i should get a mouth guard like football players wear.

the grass is starting to come back a little, so i can mow and inspect my path better.

on some wheels with their suspension, fast is better. i hate going slow but when i can’t see my path, i have no choice. holes are deadly!

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Robse said:

choccrashn.jpg

Edited 22 hours ago by Robse

It's a great photo album for the grandkids, assuming the Darwin awards don't get him before he has kids !

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

It's a great photo album for the grandkids, assuming the Darwin awards don't get him before he has kids !

Or if he doesn't loose balls first. His latest mishap almost tear off something.. Wheel was almost against private parts and running full speed. :D  

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Funky said:

Or if he doesn't loose balls first. His latest mishap almost turn off something.. Wheel was almost against private parts and running full speed. :D  

a oversize angle grinder... ball cutter 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Funky said:

Or if he doesn't loose balls first. His latest mishap almost turn off something.. Wheel was almost against private parts and running full speed. :D  

btw, strange again that the wheel keeps spinning while laying in 90 degrees sideway "tilt" ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Robse said:

a oversize angle grinder... ball cutter 😂

And this is why wheels should cut out when they crash, rather than spinning down... that took waaay too long to stop !

Losing his balls would also have qualified him for the Darwin award - you don't have to die for it - just remove your reproductive ability !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

And this is why wheels should cut out when they crash, rather than spinning down... that took waaay too long to stop !

It didn't even start spinning down! Recheck the video.. It started to speed up, (the fast rapid beeps while tire is scraping his pants..) you can hear the rapid beeps going off - meaning it reached it's max free spin speed, before turning off..

Meaning the angle/tilt thingy didn't turn off the motor in first place.

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Funky said:

It didn't even start spinning down! Recheck the video.. It started to speed up, (the fast rapid beeps while tire is scraping his pants..) you can hear the rapid beeps going off - meaning it reached it's max free spin speed, before turning off..

Meaning the angle/tilt thingy didn't turn off the motor in first place.

Oh well that's much worse then ! If that is the case then he's damn lucky on 2 counts - not only did it land inches away from his wedding tackle, but had it flown off down the road rather than falling over, it probably would have bounced like crazy and dashed itself to bits if the wheel kept spinning up... that is a crazy dangerous situation for a wheel to place you (and anyone close by) in...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Lol heavily modified and barely breaks the top speed of the 16x which was considered fast when it was released, 4 years ago

Nice picture - tells it all.   Of course the fastest guy is the one with the least protection. Always has been, always will be - that's how records are set

Annotation 2024-03-24 222737.jpg

• Like 2

Well it's crash city this weekend - here's Dawn 'coming in hot' (and horizontal) into a gate that is normally open, but wasn't that night ! Fastest bail out I have seen for quite some time...

Edited by Cerbera