THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Everything you said there can be true and it remains still possible to negate them. As the vid points out the trick is not preventing wobbles happening, but rather gaining the ability to arrest them early before they become big enough to cause us issues.

That's right too. Where and when wobble begins ? Large study in few topics. I'm agree.

2 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Thanks for the vid, I think the attempt to please both off road and on road riders with the tire change was a mistake. The tire looks good at none of those. Not aggressive enough for good off road and not smooth and rounded enough for a good street tire. I will be changing mine to a more aggressive knobby and using it for off road use only since i have a great street wheel already.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Thanks for the vid, I think the attempt to please both off road and on road riders with the tire change was a mistake. The tire looks good at none of those. Not aggressive enough for good off road and not smooth and rounded enough for a good street tire. I will be changing mine to a more aggressive knobby and using it for off road use only since i have a great street wheel already.

I think i can push this tyre a little more than I am here, I was cautious because of the damp clay everywhere it kept sliding me. 

A more aggressive knobby would maybe get you out of trouble in the mud though.

I also think I might look at something more trail dedicated. Keen to keep this as a trail wheel it is great fun and I want to skill up boulder hopping. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Good video thanks. I wish they'd make an updated version of the RS19. Personally not so bothered about a speed version. 'RS19LotsaTorque' perhaps? :) 

Thanks :-) I also want an updated version, that would be my wish wheel for my next wheel;  correct a few small mistakes: Make it more water resistant, as well as increase the battery capacity, and otherwise nothing. The RS19 is, in my eyes, the ideal combination of weight, performance and handling. And suspension to me is nothing more than some redundant extra equipment that can also fail and must be maintained.   You can still find a "new" RS19 for sale around, both in HS and HT version, but I think that you might quickly get a little annoyed by the HT version's lower top speed.  You must remember that th HT's lower top speed also means that you are closer to your dangerous safety margin already at 50 kmph :cheers:

• Like 1

@Robse : Agreed, it’s a balanced category, possibly the most mature and versatile format. I find the lower pedals and weight of non suspended “18x3” to be very stable. I have a suspended EUC since a few months, but staying on the road its only benefit is for bumps. Of only the road was flat I would have no use for it at all. I also didn't have a “no going back” moment, it is cushier, ok, but it looses in ease of handling and natural balance.

I wish Begode would review the whole RS from scratch, staying close to the specs to keep weight down (or target 30Kg max). The current design is based on the MS3 and have done its time. Not due to styling but it have been patched and patched while never properly addressing (IMO) important flaws weak rain protection.

Edit: I regret that both KS and IM are missing out on that category. The 18XL is close but you need flat ground to be comfy.

Edited by null
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Another great video, thanks for sharing. Is that your own suspension linkage? It looks really smooth and really absorbs the bumps.

the plush it's absolutely nuts on the Extreme B)

and yes this is the 1st prototype of my linkage, will be avaible soon 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Come on Elliot, go out and buy yourself an instacam and mount it on your cap - your good videos makes me seasick ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EMA said:

it seems to be running on rails for you ;-) , the only thing you need is a system to charge from the catenary while riding.... but now be careful not to get bitten by a crazy car.  The traffic you are showing here is complete madness - 10 minutes and you have witnessed at least +25 violations of all normal traffic rules.   Take care of yourself:)

ema2.jpg

ema3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1