THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Unfortunately, they made the Begode clone a bit too realistic.

No they didn't! Begode had only 1 hiccup. Inmotion is fainting like a diva.

2 minutes ago, EMA said:

forgot the selfie stick...footage only from the front camera, amazing and tech day:

Very nice, I'm looking forward to some better weather, and then it will be time for some mountain riding with a camera, here in Denmark ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robse said:

Very nice, I'm looking forward to some better weather, and then it will be time for some mountain riding with a camera, here in Denmark ;)

it was a stunning sunday, really fun and challenging on some trails :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

NON PEV RIDERS ARE DECIDING OUR FUTURE

Yeah, it's unfortunate someone informed and educated about EUC's was not present at the Karen meeting. It's obvious the people pushing the bill forward are completely uneducated about pev's and have only focused on a few bad examples. Their agenda is obvious, that is why they used the New York PEV laws as an example as well as the free spin of what was the fastest EUC out there at the time. As is always the case, the people who know the least about it will be deciding the laws. Their charts are a bit off , a snowmobile can have over 300hp and go 140mph+. As far as "some" eww tubers are concerned. Keep riding like morons and recording it and it will be over before it gets started. Video evidence of putting pedestrians in danger will be all they need.

7 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

Guys, this is important and disturbing at the same time, non-pev riders are deciding the future of our hobby in New England (nh. I think we need to get involved and push back and oppose regulations. States are banding together and researching each other trail policies so they can enact it in their own state. I hope we can take this seriously. I didnt ask to be involved in this, it was forced on me when they involved my videos and used it to highlight their agenda. To know more about this, i have another post in the videos section "My last warning to all PEV riders" that has contact info to reach out to those pushing for regulation. If you do not think it will happen where you live, i ask you to reconsider. This video is around 1 hour 10 minutes long. PLEASE SHARE THIS TO ALL PEV PAGES AND GROUPS AND LET THEM KNOW NON PEV RIDERS ARE DECIDING OUR FUTURE 
This video is unlisted so please share responsibly within PEV circles.

Good on you for being proactive in this regard, Jamie. Lucky for the speed demons in the jungle of NYC that at least for now, the police there are giving them the benefit of the doubt. Best try to act as an ambassador, rather than be regarded as an outlaw.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, novazeus said:

Amazing, only in Florida. The guy swerves into the other lane, strikes and kills a kid on a scooter and says " i was avoiding dogs that ran into the road" and gets 0 charges. Anywhere else in the country it's "involuntary manslaughter".

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Amazing, only in Florida. The guy swerves into the other lane, strikes and kills a kid on a scooter and says " i was avoiding dogs that ran into the road" and gets 0 charges. Anywhere else in the country it's "involuntary manslaughter".

yup, that's why watching my fellow floridian duf gives me chills. i don't feel safe on the highways in a one ton dooley with insurance scams and texting.

• Like 1

this is why i'm designing this place from an inline skater's perspective, me. it's negligent homicide the way roads and pedestrian walkways are designed. 

cars should not ever be able to strike a pedestrian or a scooter or euc rider on a path. 

i've been investigating micromobility communities, and how much a tunnel would cost, and then u think, what is that 15 year old kid's life worth. but the govt views these matters exactly this way. and usually developers want to do the minimum. i want to do what is right. what i think will make God smile. keeping humans and His animals from getting run over. 

the good news is, my local govt loves my idea. i'm surprised. common sense and govt hasn't been my experience in the past.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

this is why i'm designing this place from an inline skater's perspective, me. it's negligent homicide the way roads and pedestrian walkways are designed. 

cars should not ever be able to strike a pedestrian or a scooter or euc rider on a path. 

i've been investigating micromobility communities, and how much a tunnel would cost, and then u think, what is that 15 year old kid's life worth. but the govt views these matters exactly this way. and usually developers want to do the minimum. i want to do what is right. what i think will make God smile. keeping humans and His animals from getting run over. 

the good news is, my local govt loves my idea. i'm surprised. common sense and govt hasn't been my experience in the past.

If you look back 100 years ago cities were more pedestrian friendly and public transportation minded. Now that everyone "needs" a vehicle it enabled cities to spread out and Eisenhower didn't really help with all the interstates. Not knocking interstates but when they completely bisect a city, like in Phoenix, Az, it can be frustrating

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

If you look back 100 years ago cities were more pedestrian friendly and public transportation minded. Now that everyone "needs" a vehicle it enabled cities to spread out and Eisenhower didn't really help with all the interstates. Not knocking interstates but when they completely bisect a city, like in Phoenix, Az, it can be frustrating

Globally, there is a growing interest in pleasurably walkable and lively neighborhoods (which includes walkable distance to the places of daily activities and needs) which started quite a few decades ago and seems to be growing. One problem which prevents this to happen is strict zoning (for which there were originally good reasons). Creating walkable neighborhoods requires significant infrastructural changes which usually takes several decades to take place and is by no means for free. But I have the impression that this trend is not going away any time soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mono said:

But I have the impression that this trend is not going away any time soon.

Not sooner than 2046?

https://youtu.be/h3WIokz3Fuo?si=BNTwGEsM2wvhMTkA

Diehold Foundation, series 4; watch them all. When one guy (an accountant) writes to the heads of department in that US  5 pointed building and they put a halt to their 65-year strong $21 trillion DUMBs project, and then when he writes to the Senate suggesting changes to their Bill 4488 (‘existential threats’ to US citizens bill) and they do so quick time, and then the guy gets acknowledgement and action based on his 47 years of research from the Russians, you kinda know or may surmise that he knew they know he knows more than they do.

https://youtu.be/FQoMHt4UZZY?si=I1sf3ZdIZ_e1e8yw

Edited by Freeforester

16 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Meanwhile, battery tech may be moving along:

Yup , Stolen from the California start up company that i posted a few years ago. Nano diamond batteries. I saw it a  few days ago and it made me sick.

On 1/24/2024 at 3:00 AM, Hellkitten said:

This channel has some interesting observations about traffic from around the world. 

Interesting point. I wouldn't put as much car vs other, but as soon you get more to the center of a town/city the less practical a car becomes. 

One solution I think worked very well in the UK when living there were outskirts shuttle parking. So where the space were available big parking places with shuttle busses going into city center because the center couldn't accommodate the cars. It meant less traffic jams and cheaper parking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

feeling.. horny i guess 

I have that same horn unit (though mine isn't the pidzoom one). It is very loud, but I still found that most people on cycle paths don't know what the noise is, and look about in confusion, rather than move out of the way like they do for a more traditional cycle bell. Interested to know if you find the same or if that's just us Brits, with our wicker baskets on penny farthings etc... :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I have that same horn unit (though mine isn't the pidzoom one). It is very loud, but I still found that most people on cycle paths don't know what the noise is, and look about in confusion, rather than move out of the way like they do for a more traditional cycle bell. Interested to know if you find the same or if that's just us Brits, with our wicker baskets on penny farthings etc... :)

I know I’ve mentioned it to you in the past, but more for anyone that missed our horn discussion. That’s been exactly my findings as well. A familiar sound is more immediately effective rather then adding confusion. 

• Like 2

This person should not be on the web for their image. She takes too much risk, she doesn't know the dangerousness of her public behavior. Wheelers prefer your presentation to talk about EUCs. A normal person sees two commercial products, an EUC and a being holding an EUC. What does a violent individual look at? I recommend two insurance contracts, one for the EUC and another for the family of the careless YouTuber, I have seen too many victims found in my profession; happy to be retired, far from carefree young people. Good luck to you both.

• Upvote 1