THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

a cinematic masterpiece.

a testament to the v13's suspension.

shot with an iphone. raw. raw land, no pavement or man made trails.

Just to annoy a little, is it recorded with image/video stabilization on or off?

15 minutes ago, Robse said:

Just to annoy a little, is it recorded with image/video stabilization on or off?

idk. i just put the iphone on video and pressed the red button.

i would like to buy a proper camera for showing off the property for real estate inquiries, but idk if i'd be wasting my money until i get wifi and electricity brought back in here. wireless pretty much is non-existent here because of the interstate and outlet mall next door. no data left for me. 

and i'm clueless to which camera to buy. x3 maybe.

Edited by novazeus

56 minutes ago, novazeus said:

idk. i just put the iphone on video and pressed the red button.

i would like to buy a proper camera for showing off the property for real estate inquiries, but idk if i'd be wasting my money until i get wifi and electricity brought back in here. wireless pretty much is non-existent here because of the interstate and outlet mall next door. no data left for me. 

and i'm clueless to which camera to buy. x3 maybe.

Yeah, it's impossible to know what's on or off - I don't know much about iphone, more into android, but mostly something like that probably turned on by default to help people take better pictures / videos.

An instacam x3 is a totally delicious camera. You just have to remember that you must have a good amount of drivespace for what you record, and also a computer that is not too old, for the editing. :cheers:

take hours uploading that using at&t crap wireless.

Yeah, i always forget you are off grid even though you have a 1/4 mile long driveway to the street.

iphone is just strapped to my ankle.

Surprisingly stable and it was a good vantage point.

14 minutes ago, Robse said:

Yeah, it's impossible to know what's on or off - I don't know much about iphone, more into android, but mostly something like that probably turned on by default to help people take better pictures / videos.

An instacam x3 is a totally delicious camera. You just have to remember that you must have a good amount of drivespace for what you record, and also a computer that is not too old, for the editing. :cheers:

yeah, haha, wireless, an ipad and a mattress is about as fancy as i'm gonna get for now. i looked at the video info and it didn't mention stabilization, it looks great on my phone, btw. just no way to move it to you tube. i just tried again and told youtube maximum quality over mobile. took forever and idk if it's improved. 

this v13 has 36 psi cold in its knobby and i could feel the extra two psi. the v13's suspension is damn good and i haven't really tinkered with it yet. 

53 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Surprisingly stable and it was a good vantage point.

yeah, i've been watching my original iphone video and the last upload, and yeah, pretty amazing testament to the v13 suspension. that's just the armband thing with the phone in reverse strapped to my ankle, and it does look like image stabilization. but it isn't.

for my viewing on the phone, it's great. i accomplished what i wanted. unobstrusive ground level video. i had to stop and make sure i didn't drop the phone because it's so unnoticeable.

tmrw i'll ride the same couse back to back, v13 vs s22 pro, and see which looks more stable. these heavy weight v13's might be the rough terrain winner. 

haha, hopefully i'll stay vertical. some of these places are getting mighty worn and lots of sugar sand.

ha! at least i can move the video to my ipad via airdrop. looks great. all i need.

Edited by novazeus

On 2/4/2024 at 1:03 PM, Cerbera said:

Rather rewarding video of Dawn and crew recovering a stolen MTEN3...

It is nice when we get them back, and to watching stammering thieves shit themselves when they realise the game is up :)

Hahaha, I'm laughing my ass off  - that fumbling thief or handler of stolen goods trying hard to talk his way out of it... lamer!  If something is too good to be true, it probably isn't.  If he has not stolen it himself, then he has bought it too cheaply, which is approx. the same as stealing, and not a valid excuse at all. 

In Danish we have a saying: "Uden hæler ingen stjæler"  difficult to translate directly, especially  "æ",  but it is approx. this: Without the one who buys stolen goods, no one steals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Robse said:

that fumbling thief or handler of stolen goods trying hard to talk his way out of it..

Despite how much rambling he did and the fact that Dawn's voice was really clear I could barely make out what that dude was saying. And was he Scottish? I'm usually OK with accents but really struggled with him!

7 hours ago, Robse said:

Without the one who buys stolen goods, no one steals.

I like that quote, very true!

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sbb said:

Great myth busting video! And even correct until 5:22, to all I can see :rolleyes:! Myth #3 5:22 is not a myth for unicycles (and the clip seems to suggest that it's not a myth for motorcycles too, I don't know either way), due to the camber effect 7:12 which is much more intricate than it is explained in the clip. For unicycles, steering (twisting) and leaning (the wheel) have similar effects while steering is less susceptible to the ground surface conditions.

EDIT, a short recap of the camber effect: tilting/leaning the wheel to the side produces through the tire grip a steering/twisting torque of the wheel to the side of the lean. The torque depends on the speed such that the induced curve radius depends (dynamically) only on the lean angle and the grip conditions. The camber effect is one of the main reasons why different tires ride so differently.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, PurpleRiderUSA said:

Found this super cool video from a guy who seems to be an insider in EUC. He has spent time in China working with manufacturers and knows Jason from eWheels a while back.

Yeah, that's @Austin Marhold

• Like 1

haha, my pastures can be continuous dirt pot holes and very rough, but nothing like this! i wouldn't walk this! 

it's great to see how capable these wheels are but omg, those rocks are not soft. my pasture is too hard for me, still nursing a dinged knee after almost 7 weeks, and wearing leatt slip on knee protection. and the injury was from my knees clanging together when i rolled on the ground. 

i'll stay here in florida and try to keep on my mowed paths. 

i think i'm learning that if i ride fast, i like stiffer suspension, if i ride slow, i like the suspension softer. wind can be an issue. the v13's are better in the wind.

• Thanks 2

Oh...just 4 LYNX videos released today...check out all the videos in the playlist link below, and revisit here anytime  to see if i released more (which i will)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PurpleRiderUSA said:

Really good video on the topic as it is a common question I get from people as well. 

Oscillation will still occur when you are very experienced, even with a small diameter and light wheel, even when deflating the tire, even when changing shoes, whether you are heavy or light, muscular or not muscular. When it is very violent no one stays standing. To believe anything else is science fiction.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varamontelo said:

Oscillation will still occur when you are very experienced, even with a small diameter and light wheel, even when deflating the tire, even when changing shoes, whether you are heavy or light, muscular or not muscular. When it is very violent no one stays standing. To believe anything else is science fiction.

Everything you said there can be true and it remains still possible to negate them. As the vid points out the trick is not preventing wobbles happening, but rather gaining the ability to arrest them early before they become big enough to cause us issues.

• Like 2

i had a (bad) wobble crash on my 16X -    convinced myself it was a combination of "downhill" , "brake" and then the top mount seat wobbled and went against my legs.  Regardless, I've since found that so far I've been able to stop all wobbles by quickly making my legs completely stiff like stilts and leaning back a bit.  Of course, this cannot be done if you ride on hilly terrain, but this is not where most wobbles occur either.  But I can't comment on whether it will work for others. :cheers: